PDA

View Full Version : No Legal Aid For Hercules Crash Families

GasFitter
9th Dec 2007, 11:49
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/7134919.stm
Legal Services Commission believe that all angles will be covered by the Australian Lawyer and the experience of the coroner.:hmm:

glad rag
9th Dec 2007, 14:46
Disgraceful.

helimarshaller
9th Dec 2007, 15:02
I think this is totally disgusting. However, what else should we expect from a Government who is prepared to send our forces off to war, but cannot provide any form of support to them and there families in time of need.

mlc
9th Dec 2007, 15:29
They should go out and mug an old lady....they'll have lawyers hanging off them.

Do we expect anything different from this corrupt bunch of individuals who call themselves 'our Government'

Chugalug2
9th Dec 2007, 15:46
This matter is being discussed on the 'Parliamentary Questions' thread, at:
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=215665&page=69
Can I invite everyone who has further thoughts to post there? More importantly please get onto your MP and demand that this disgraceful decision is reversed without delay. The only thing that stops this government's shameful decisions dead in their tracks is a loud public outcry. Let us all try to be very loud! Ready? Three, Two, One, Now....

chappie
9th Dec 2007, 22:37
thanks for the heads up. i'm afraid the wobbly old bird in the interview was me, shame the ability to finish my sentence had escaped me!:\
it beggars belief the reasons put forward for not giving the money. can't see the reasons why not. the government handed out the funds so that the families involved in the deep cut barracks case could have representation. this i guess because the government knew they could weather the storm of a public outcry with the nothing to do with me guv stance. this, however, would really show them up and of course they are not going to participate in the process that will personally cook up it's own s*** storm! the MoD have representation with a senior barrister, therefore showing that they have concern about their stance. it would seem the only interests being met and served are the governments own and not that of the deceased crew, serving members and us the families left behind.:mad:

so, if you can help in any way, i'd appreciate it.