PDA

View Full Version : Monarch recruitment

BongleBear
9th Dec 2007, 09:21
Just wondering if anyone had any info or advice on Monarch- seem like a good airline to go for; good bases, a/c, pay, routes etc.. how are the t's & c's? I saw a post on here about them not being too good, has this been sorted out now? What sort of hours are they looking for, I heard a guy I trained with recently got in with just under 2000 total, 737 type rating, but looks like they want 2500+ with 75 or 76 tr (or certain airbus).

Many thanks for any advice or info,
B.Bear

londonmet
9th Dec 2007, 09:56
Hi BongleBear,

Monarch is a good airline. There have been some ups and downs in the past year but to be fair a lot of that has now passed. A good majority of the airline have been there a while so you clearly get all that is associated with that, if you know what I mean.

There has been quite a comprehensive pay review last year and continuing into next year (two year deal) which was well talked about in the Monarch T's and C's thread and Terms and Endearment.

Bases, LGW, MAN, BHX and LTN. Only recruiting into MAN and LGW this year. I believe that the intake for 2008 has already been filled. However, you never know how long those chaps/chapesses have had their application in the pipeline for though. Nor do I!

Min requirements - as per the website really. I know of people that came to the airline with less that 2000 hrs and they went onto A300/A320/B757 fleets. They also take from CTC too and I beleive they recruited CTC pilots onto the A320 at MAN and a few onto the B757. Not 100% though on which fleets.

Well I hope i've answered your questions.

Best of luck,

L Met

BongleBear
9th Dec 2007, 14:35
cheers, appreciate the info
bbear