PDA

View Full Version : Flights between Libreville and Port Gentil, Gabon.

cchris
9th Dec 2007, 01:45
Looking for information and recommendations on air carriers that can move passengers between Libreville (LBV) and Port Gentil (POG) in Gabon.

TwinJock
9th Dec 2007, 02:41
Used to be about 8 flights a day between the two cities a while back. If I would use them is another question though!:sad:

cchris
9th Dec 2007, 04:00
Best that I can tell is that only Air Service Gabon and Avirex Gabon operate between Libreville and Port Gentil. It's hard to do an actual remote assessment of them because of the lack of information.

oompilot
9th Dec 2007, 06:10
Air Service run Dash 8’s exactly how many and how often not sure, but plenty of flights every day and night. There is a twin otter as well not sure of the operator. There is SCD aviation running 2 E120’s and a few D228’s. A couple of SAAB 340’s also on the rout. Allegiance also have an E120 flying that route daily.
From what I can gather SCD and Air Service are audited by oil companies as far as safety is concerned, so can’t be that bad. I think Naturelink 120’s fly the route. SAAB’s are from SA as well as obviously Allegiance.

cchris
9th Dec 2007, 18:18
Thanks for the good information. I am having difficulty in identfying Allegiance. Can you give any other information that will help me obtain the contact information for Allegiance.

lifeclock
10th Dec 2007, 12:17
Allegiance Air is South African, website:http://www.allegiance-air.com, is flying under contract for a company labeled Air Congo (on the planes), together with CemAir, www.cemair.co.za, both Emb 120´s, also so Nature Link (also from SA) operating flights there in a E120