PDA

View Full Version : Pilot + WSOp Questions

_Quiet_Mason
7th Dec 2007, 09:15
Hi again guys and girls :}
I’m stuck on another couple of questions, and got some pretty good answers last time.

Basically I’m just after some information on RAF pilot career progression. If anyone had any that would be great, people certainly did with WSOp!

And secondly, how would people on here describe the leadership roles of pilots and WSOp? Would it be right to say that as an individual, these roles are more “team work” based rather than “leader” based? * Hides from offended pilots and WSOp’s *. :ouch: Would it be a fair comment? If you compare it to EngO or Regiment Officer for example?

Thanks for any replies.

QM :)

moosemaster
7th Dec 2007, 09:49
I'm not going to comment on the Pilot side of this as there are many more more qualified than myself to do so.

On the WSOp side of leadership, it's another one of those "depends where you go" type answers I'm afraid.

On the ALM-FW side, there is an awful lot of the teamwork aspect, but there is also a fair amount of working on your own initiative. As a loadie you will have to direct all sorts of people in your efforts to complete the task, from movers to passengers, with stewards thrown in on the "shiney" fleet.

As for the "traditional" leadership aspects, you probably won't get involved too heavily until you become an experienced Sgt or FS unless you involve it as part of a secondary duty.

(As always, I stand by to be corrected :))

airborne_artist
7th Dec 2007, 09:51
QM - on any mission, someone (either a pilot or a WSO) will be the Aircraft Captain. When the brown stuff hits the fan, they make the call(s), based on the advice and info rec'd from the team. That's what they get trained and paid for.

Pontius Navigator
7th Dec 2007, 13:15
Mason, you were told about the sticky. Your last post was moved to the sticky. Why start another new thread?