PDA

View Full Version : Modern Housing Solutions

Lord-Loverocket
7th Dec 2007, 06:44
For all those in quartes of some kind, not sure if you are aware but if MHS miss a booked appointment you are entitled to compensation.

This comes in the form of shopping vouchers that are widely excepted on the high street.

http://www.modernhousingsolutions.com/modern/property_services/compensation.asp

I have used it but you have to mention it to the help desk as they wont offer it to you.

If this has been posted before apologies, but wanted to let as many people know as possible.

SirToppamHat
8th Dec 2007, 08:22
LL
Good info about which I was already aware, but as you state it is not something they talk about. Why vouchers though? Would this be cheaper for them I wonder?

[RANT_ON]
In my personal experience, though, MHS have been mis-contracted. What I mean is that they will almost invariably botch and go rather than repair or replace. I don't believe that this is what the muppets at the upper part of DE(HD) thought they had contracted for. At my previous unit the workers were very pleasant, and some of them reasonably capable, but thay had been told, in writing, that this was a maintenance contract, not a replacement contract. In one instance a chap spent the best part of 2 hours dismantling, de-scaling and replacing a 20-year-old tap because he wasn't allowed to do what any normal plumber would do and simply replace it. When things do have to be replaced, this invariably involves approval from on high and a second or third visit. In another, a temporary repair to a severely leaking roof (that flooded 2 rooms) was still in place when we left the property 4-mths later.

In fact, almost anything that has to be replaced is termed 'new work', and despite the empty promises (and downright lies) of this Government, THERE IS NO MONEY FOR NEW WORK.

MHS are still sending people huge distances from central hubs (Catterick to Boulmer to fix a ballcock) in some cases via completely different unit to collect keys, and many of these practices are to the detriment of the service they provide.

Perhaps most seriously of all from a maintenance perspective is that there is pretty much no preventatvie maintenance going on whatsoever. But then again, this is simply reflective of a system which is almost wholly focussed on ticks in boxes.

Coming back to the original point, though, how many out there have come across MHS' appointments system for gas inspections etc? Their favourite line seems to be that, if the 'licensee' is unavailable, then you'll have to have your wife wait in. Saturday visit? Not in the contract. The thing is, if I am away from work for a day for MoD reasons, I still get paid. For how many partners is that true?
[/RANT_OFF]

STH