PDA

View Full Version : RAF website...

harrogate
6th Dec 2007, 18:10
It's better than the old one, which isn't saying much, but it seems to be getting even more amateur looking with each passing day.

The most recent change is this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/harrogate/testcard-1.jpg

Anyone else think this makes the lady look like she's got rubbish pigtails in an embarassing school photo?

That bit resembles an old BBC testcard.

Chris Kebab
6th Dec 2007, 18:14
..I am rather intrigued by the other Internet Explorer browser windows you have open at the bottom of your screen shot?

RAF_Techie101
6th Dec 2007, 18:21
I think you could do with a few more toolbars as well mate.....

Lamenting Navigator
6th Dec 2007, 20:32
Yeek, harrogate, you've gotta learn how to crop your screen grabs...

But I have to agree that the photo montage is not the most inspiring thing I've seen.

ScapegoatisaSolution
6th Dec 2007, 21:07
If you sign up for the Airspace function you get access to the 'in house' rather than the public website. The best bit is the online RAF List where you can see details of all your mates, available postings, etc.
Scapegoat

harrogate
7th Dec 2007, 00:14
Ha!

Indeed - the sperm donor story looks a bit suss. The truth is that it's just a BBC story concerning a friend of the family. It's actually very sad.

With regards the Leeds music thing - no idea. It may be a pop-up from a gig that the missus was trying to book.

Lamenting Navigator - I know how to crop screen grabs - I was in a hurry. I'm a graphic designer-cum-copywriter. My life is spent cropping screen grabs after stealing ideas :)

As for the toolbars - I'm very happy with what I've got, thanks. I'm perfectly adept at using my computer without a couple of dozen aids. I make my living off this thing.

Regarding the RAF website - looked at it with fresh eyes tonight and realised just how crap it is. It looks cheap and unprofessional.

moosemaster
7th Dec 2007, 10:51
The really sad thing (imho) is that most of the interactive content is blocked by IGS :rolleyes:
Just as well really, or I might suffer from a bout of enthusiasm :}

Pontius Navigator
7th Dec 2007, 12:07
I'm a graphic designer-cum-copywriter. My life is spent cropping screen grabs after stealing ideas :)

As for the toolbars - I'm very happy with what I've got, thanks. I'm perfectly adept at using my computer without a couple of dozen aids. .

Not into sarcasm then :)

RAF_Techie101
7th Dec 2007, 15:03
Oh he's changed it now - it's nowhere near as funny.....
Bah humbug...
Where's The Helpful Stacker? We need a Sense of Humour on D State....:8

downsizer
7th Dec 2007, 16:08
I've only got one on the shelf mate and you can't have it, somebody else might need it. :}

RAF_Techie101
7th Dec 2007, 16:50
You should have read the first one....

DEL Mode
7th Dec 2007, 19:27
Anyone else notice the hidden symbology?

RAF - AAC

Wonder how long it will be before this becomes a sub-set of the ARMY website?

funflier44
7th Dec 2007, 19:40
Why can only retired 2 stars get access to this?
Typical RAF once you have left you are history. No loyalty to you when you are in and none when you are out.

whowhenwhy
8th Dec 2007, 10:18
2 questions-why aren't I on the air force list. Think they're trying to tell me something.secondly, where is the available posts list

whowhenwhy
8th Dec 2007, 14:55
unfortunately no - unless they've decided that people with the JHC don't exist in the real air force anymore!

Lamenting Navigator
8th Dec 2007, 17:14
Oh no, theprior, don't go comparing the USAF site to the RAF site - the US establishment as a whole understands the internet so much better than the UK!

They're streets ahead anything we could do (knowledge of personnel working on these things right through to knowing your audience) :ouch: