PDA

View Full Version : Flight Training in USA

shocks85
5th Dec 2007, 21:49
I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who has undertaken JAA flight training in Florida. I live n Ireland and am currently looking into JAA training to obtain a frozen atpl with mmc included.i have checked out numerous places but am hoping to get the opinions of people who have been to any school in Florida and what you thought of it. I've been in touch with schools over there but all I'm told how great it is by someone who works there. What I need is advice from people who have trained over there before I decide where to go. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I live in Ireland which is suppose to be fully jaa compliant. Or is it??

pilotincommand
5th Dec 2007, 22:08
A quick search of these forums will give you information on all the JAA facilities in Florida. I haven't flown in that part of the USA so I can't comment on the individual schools but you do need to bear in mind that you can't do a whole 'frozen' ATPL course there. The IR test must be done in JAR-land. Ireland is a full member of the JAA and it does accept U.K. exams and test passes for licence issue so you shouldn't have any problems using any of the CAA approved places in Florida. Training quality can be very variable in the States so you need to pick carefully. You might also want to think about FAA facilities if they can get you a visa. There is no need to do you're PPL and hour building under JAR. Even the CPL and IR can be done as conversions of their FAA equivalents if you so choose.

Texas tornado
11th Dec 2007, 08:41
I`ve been out in Fort Pierce for 3 months and its been a nightmare since i got here. The well known company offered a 200 hour, twin time pro course, which they said would take around 3 months to complete. Allegedly, all the students have the same problems, some having flown less than 10 hours in a month. because the planes are always down and there are not enough instructors to do the training, some of the instructors are simply "rushed through" students with no experience at all. Its cost a lot more than if i`d have stayed in Europe to do it too. Apparently it`s a common problem here, they get you out and then you`re stuck here. Think carefully, in my case it`s been an utter con. Now my money is on their account and most days i`m just at the accomodation paying them rent.

Heidthebaw
19th Dec 2007, 22:20
Does anybody have any positive experiences of JAA CPL training in the USA ? What FTO's carry out JAA CPL training in the States?

Cheers in Advance

JONNY99
20th Dec 2007, 11:38
what schools that texas?