PDA

View Full Version : Medevac flight missing over Alaska, friend of mine onboard.

Jack S.
5th Dec 2007, 19:48
Happened Monday,
search efforts hampered due to poor weather.
C130 and Pavehawk now airborne.

I welcome your thoughts and prayers for a positive outcome for him, his friends and family.

I would appreciate any news from people in the area.

Thanks.

S76Heavy
5th Dec 2007, 20:35
Our thoughts are with them and you

inmate
6th Dec 2007, 00:02
Jack,
Firstly we are all thinking positive on this one. They are all part of our Alaska family and we will move heaven and earth to find them. Everybody and his uncle is out looking and will continue to do so.
For right now 15.30 Ak time, they are still looking. Area of concentration is Ester Island which is on the western side of Prince William Sound. They made a call at 17.15 on Monday and after missing the next two calls (17.35 and 17.45) they were considered overdue.
Go to both www.justhelicopters.com forum and www.ktuu.com for updates. Just Heli has a number of threads on all that is happening and will give you a better all round picture.
We are all thinking and praying for them, its still early, keep the faith on this one.
Just checked Valdez weather and it has improved. If I hear anything I will update.

Lutefisk989
7th Dec 2007, 02:27
any updates? it's been a couple days... Prayers.

[/fingers crossed]

havoc
7th Dec 2007, 19:18
Nothing conclusive

http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=7463911

inmate
8th Dec 2007, 04:34
I'm afraid that their is very little to report tonight.(Friday 20.00hrs AK) The weather is very bad and is not expected to improve soon.
I wish I could add something more positive but I still have hope as do most of my brother (and sister) pilots.
Lets keep the faith and wish a little harder.

VeeAny
9th Dec 2007, 09:39
At least one person confirmed dead, some aircraft wreckage found yesterday.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hlggrhdigQlDQmaZeT8nBAUWr7RQD8TDP9DG0

Sorry for the potentially insensitive way this looks posted, but how do you say this nicely on in internet Forum.

If the one confirmed dead is your friend,, then I am sorry for your loss, if its not then fingers crossed.

Gary

Darren999
9th Dec 2007, 12:42
I knew the pilot. I worked in Galveston for a while and met him there. A very nice man. A bloody shame...:(

Jack S.
9th Dec 2007, 15:04
My friend was found...continuing to hope for the others.