PDA

View Full Version : I need assitance to become a CPilot!

HeathrowAirport
5th Dec 2007, 16:13
Hello,

I am Currently in Year 10 in the United Kingdom and i have a good Under pilling knowledge on aviation through various ways i just don't know how and i am a bit of a fanatic, I think Concorde Spurred me on to like Aviation that i know want to be a pilot.

Now my current grades:

Science: C
English C+/B-
Maths: E ( I missed 3/4 of maths last year for various reasons, I got a 5C in Sats so i am not at Level 6/7 and E Grade)
ICT: A
Motor: I aint got a clue yet of that, Most Proberbly A i think.
PE: No Grade yet but i am set by my English set.
Systems: B

I think that is it Motor is a double award, City and Guilds.

So what do i need to work on?

I can fly Concorde SSTSIM Simulator and use the INS so at least i can fly the simulator!

Robbie

Intruder
5th Dec 2007, 16:55
I don't know about the UK specifically, but in the US the answer would be simple: Flying! If you are old enough to start your PPL ground school, DO IT! If you are old enough to start your PPL flight training, DO IT! You will quickly find out where you need to improve on your basic mental and physical skills.

If you are not yet old enough to start formal flight training, the alternative answer is straightforward: Work hard to improve on ALL your basic education skills! The '3 Rs' -- Reading, wRiting, aRithmetic -- are still important, and mediocrity or failure in ANY of them is not a good start. The academic regimen for the CPL/IR and ATPL is not simple, so a deficiency in Math or Reading Comprehension will show up quickly.

Then there is the option that you don't want to admit: You might find out you are not suited to flying for any of a plethora of reasons. Then it's back to the '3 Rs' again so you can get into the career that does suit you...

Sam-MAN
5th Dec 2007, 17:30
Hey Robbie.

Firstly, welcome.

Secondly, have a read through HERE (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=131649). All the info you need is in there :}

I'm a similar age to you so i know how it feels :}

Regards, Sam