PDA

View Full Version : Cityjet's Jet Pilot Programme

scotty74
5th Dec 2007, 13:16
Hi

I couldn't find any other posts on this scheme in the PPT forum so thought I'd post to see what folks thoughts on this scheme are?
has anyone on the forum now flying for Cityjet completed the course?

I've always loved flying and had a one hour introductory flight last year which gave me the taste for more!

I always thought becoming a pilot was far out of my reach but it does look like it can be done(along with enormous financial commitment) but I'm guessing if I really want to do it I should just go for it but wanted opinions first.

thanks

http://www.jetpp.com/

ap9dm1
6th Dec 2007, 13:41
I was interested in Sigmar, sat their assessments, done the interviews and was accepted. Overall I was really impressed with the orgainsation. Feedback I received from a new CityJet cadet through Sigmar was positive.

However, I've chosen FTE mainly for personal reasons (married with kids) - geographical access to home is important to me, even if it is only a few times a year (and the missuss has grand ideas of camping in Southern Spain for the school holidays!!!).

Sigmar's course seemed more flexible though, FTE appears more structured.

Del.

ei zs flyer
6th Dec 2007, 16:45
hey guys,

im a current student down in 43 with the jet pilot programme and to date i have no real quims with the coarse. the flying side of things is fantastic with top notch instruction. on the financial side of things its no more than any of the other big european schools and their isnt the other hidden costs that come with some of the other schools either. feel free to pm me ill do my best to answer any queries

ei zs flyer

collie77
7th Dec 2007, 14:40
I was on the first course in South Africa and am now, along with the other 4 in my group, an FO with Cityjet. South Africa is an amazing country, the flying and training is excellent and Cityjet is a great company to work for. Go for it!! PM me if you want any more details.

MilesDavis
7th Dec 2007, 14:52
As a classmate of Collie77 I'll echo what he said. incredible country, great training, great job. Go for it.

simulacra
12th Dec 2007, 12:53
The main question is how anyone with normal income and no rich parents can get a hold of 95000 euro ;)

moggiee
12th Dec 2007, 13:50
i have no real quims with the coarse.
You may want to correct your spelling of "qualms"! The current version is a little bit Anglo-Saxon.

smith
12th Dec 2007, 14:01
i have no real quims with the coarse
Is it a bit rough down there on the "coarse" also?

Peter McCormack
27th Dec 2007, 14:22
im doing my leaving certificate this year but hopefully going to 43 airschool afterwards i was just wondering if you are actually guarenteed a job afterward the course is complete because it says 99 percent of students is guarenteed a job i was also wondering if the course is as good as it makes out

shuchim
27th Dec 2007, 14:51
hi ei ez i am indian and circadu technitian in india and wand to do pilot training can u tell whether these have any indian student or any arrangment for dgca course .thanks

MilesDavis
27th Dec 2007, 17:08
It's priced reasonably on the money for a JAR Integrated course.

Flight Training Europe €102,418

Oxford Aviation £62,000 including assessment (which is €84,505) and not including any food and your accommodation at OAT

Sigmar Jet Pilot Program €95,000 all included

Yes it is a lot of money but when you look at the competition it's actually a little cheaper. As for guarantees, there are none. No one will guarantee you a job before you start training. There is always a chance you will not make it for various reasons.

I'm not familiar with the term DGCA course, sorry.

abwrath
29th Dec 2007, 10:35
I've been called for an assessment at Sigmar, just wondering if there are any helpful tips you could give me! Would be much appreciated. thank you

Abrar

Awaiting Push
15th Jan 2008, 14:05
Hi all. I am another current student at 43 Air School. Like the people on this thread who have some questions I had questions of my own before I committed to the course. So as much as possible I will try to clear up as much of them as I can.

The course, as said above, is 95,000 euro. Not exactly cheap but when rated against the others it probably works out better. Your food and accomodation is included in that. As is all your course material and uniforms. It also includes your flights and transfers. You also have to consider the cost of living. It is significantly less than in europe and the states. So you would survive on alot less money than in europe and the states.

As for the finance, well that differs with each individual. Not everyone has that sort of money. I know I certainly don't. I was however able to remortage my house and get a personal loan. Im married with a son as well so it definately is not easy. But if I can manage to do it then I definately think it is possible for everyone. There are ways and means you just need to keep finding them.

The course itself is as the guys said. I definately made the right choice coming here. Its structured well and the instructors are " top notch". As are all the staff on base. There is nothing left out and you are encouraged to ask questions. There isnt really alot bad I can say about the place.

If anyone has any further questions please pm me. If I can answer any questions then I certainly will.

What you could also do is attend one of the open evenings in Sigmar. The staff in dublin are very nice and will point you in the right direction.