PDA

View Full Version : 1,000 Hours, where to apply

EjetSetter
4th Dec 2007, 16:58
Hey guys I have over 1,100 hours as a (C)FI here in the states but am rated for both FAA/JAA. My question is what airline over in Europe should I apply with that will accept my inability to speak a "local" langauge?

Here in the states it's mostly regionals but I'm curious where my hours will take me over in Europe. I didn't apply to EI as the ban was ineffect and BA, BD look intriging. By the way I only want to apply for a airline that bond's for type rather then SSTR as I don't agree with them.

portsharbourflyer
5th Dec 2007, 22:41
Try applying to some of the corporate operators based in the UK rather than the mainstram airlines, especially if you have dual JAA/FAA ratings as a reasonable number of citations in this country are on the N register.
There seems to have been reasonable expansion in the executive jet charter sector as well recently.

Also a 1000 hours means you should meet the insurance requirments of most corporate operators.

Edinburgh
8th Dec 2007, 07:08
Hey EjetSetter.

Check your PM.

Edinburgh

EjetSetter
11th Dec 2007, 13:09
Does anyone have info on Brussles Airlines' perminent positions. I applied on their website.