PDA

View Full Version : What is the age limit?

Kaustubh
4th Dec 2007, 05:16
Hey, Hi everybody, I am kaustubh aspiring student frm india,
I am planning to start the flight dispatcher course as an career,
and i am thinking of Faa license. At sheffield, florida!!
can anybody assist me in this- i have got few questions in mind , and i beleive only you people can guide me exactly.
what is minimum age required at US to start the course?
Is this job will work for me as foundation of CPL??
what will be my job opportunities in recent year??

i will be very thank full to you all if u assist me in that....

cressidom
4th Dec 2007, 05:45
hi look at the below links

http://www.sheffield.com/pdffiles/AdmissionProcedures_2I.pdf

http://www.faa.gov/education_research/testing/airmen/test_standards/media/FAA-S-8081-10B.pdf

The FAA link provides all the info you need on qualifying for the test etc.

AS of Job prospects next to none in the USA unless you have rights to work in the USA.Other Countries...not sure.Dubai is your best best as they take in dispatchers with entry level qualifications.

Good Luck
Dom

pratham
15th Dec 2007, 06:53
hi dom,
i m presently in dubai waiting for my FD course tu strt as u said its easy tu get a job as a entry level ... wer can i find one after my course .. can u give me a lil more insights

PPRuNe Pop
15th Dec 2007, 08:52
pratham, please do not use txt speak. Having said that now any future post will be deleted. PPRuNe is not a mobile phone!

pratham
17th Dec 2007, 05:45
I I Sir
but i dont understand one thing wht difference does it make till the time a person understands ur message ... i guess this is a place wher we share information .... srry if u felt bad ... but do let me knw wat bothered u

no sig
17th Dec 2007, 06:35
pratham,

Pprune Pop is right in asking you not to use text speak on the forum. It is hard to read by those who don't use it. It also distracts people from the content of your post, as it did me.

You must be 23 years old to hold an FAA dispatchers license. The FAA Dispacthers license written examination, with a few variations, is the the same as the FAA ATPL. So I am sure if you are doing the US FAA licenses it will help you- but I don't think you can gain any credit for CPL/ATPL writtens off the back of the Dispacthers examination. It will not help you so much if you are doing the ICAO based licenses.

You might consider Saudi as a work prospect after you get your license.

pratham
17th Dec 2007, 07:19
hi no sig

i guess thats a better way to put down why i should not be using text speak ..

neways i am not looking forward for a CPL / ATPL all i was interested to know is wat should i be doing after i make through the course. as i said i am doing it through JEppesen dubai. i wish to start working after that and wish to know where do you see a fresher landing after doing his dispatcher course. i wish to stay in dubai ....
is there any insights you could provide me with ...( sorry to have distracted you with my text speak was nothing intentional)

thanks in advance

RMC
23rd Aug 2012, 19:07
Hey P,
I've never been one to correct spelling etc (mine is not perfect) but one of the problems with using a text message format is that spelling, sentance structure etc start to break down. You are into double figures with errors in your last post. It may be that English is not your native language...but if it is this standard will not get you through the application stage.

desertopsguy
25th Aug 2012, 09:07
Did you just respond to a 5yr old post? :}