PDA

View Full Version : fATPL and jobs

Kiev23
3rd Dec 2007, 17:24
I was just wondering, how many people are there out there that got their fATPL, and immediately got a place with an airline?? Please give details of flight school you attended as well.

Thanx

littco
3rd Dec 2007, 17:40
3 interviews within 8 weeks of finishing at SFC, Took the one that I didn't have to pay my typerating ( which incidentally paid alot better too! ) :p

Ps. I'm in the over 30's Am I too old catergory

boogie-nicey
4th Dec 2007, 12:40
Well done littco, that's impressive reading sunshine .... good one ;)

Bernoulli's bro
4th Dec 2007, 15:49
Littco well done :D, just wondering if you got those interviews of your own back or did sfc help you? ;)

:p

littco
4th Dec 2007, 15:55
I would certainly be happy to say that SFC contributed and helped towards 2 of them but the one I took was off my own back..

SAA
11th Dec 2007, 18:17
Same here some help in where you applied would be much appreciated, I would make that a case of beer and start the bidding war.:ok:

supramkiv
12th Dec 2007, 03:50
29 years old

PPL - UK
Hour Building - US
CPL - UK (BCFT)
IR - Spain (Aerodynamics Malaga)
MCC - UK (EAAC)

Finished MCC June 07,
First interview July 07.

Accepted job and started Oct 07, also offered interview then job based on SSTR with R/A.

Previous experience Degree @ Brighton Uni in Business.

4KBeta
12th Dec 2007, 10:22
Total debt Supramkiv? If you mind me asking...including your degree sorry

Thanks

supramkiv
13th Dec 2007, 20:00
Think i spent IRO 45k all in all, and the degree was in Business & Marketing, not related but I found the study techniques I learned through uni did help with the ATPL exams. Thats not enough of a reason to do a degree first just to add!

dontpressthat
13th Dec 2007, 20:09
Do I see light at the end of the tunnel????

Over 30, No A-levels, previously self employed for 9 years, Modular!!

Good work gang, youve just cheered me up no end... oh and for any body willing to share the names of places to send CV's I'll up the bidding to 6 beers, peanuts, a curry and a signed photo of keith chegwin..!!!

DPT

4KBeta
14th Dec 2007, 07:51

Much lower then I actually thought it would be, I assume you were working at the time, paying off the student debt? Considering my uni debt is 15K on its own :uhoh:

Cheers

dontpressthat
14th Dec 2007, 09:52
Just had a quick add up and I reckon I've spent around 48k on PPL/ATPLgroundschool/CPL/hours/MEP/IR/MCC inc test fees etc.
Also add to that the debts Ive ammassed while only working part-time for almost 3years and the total figure is around the 75k mark..:eek::eek::eek:
DPT

supramkiv
15th Dec 2007, 21:22
Hi, the 45k figure was based on the cost of the flight training purely, I haven't paid my student loans off yet! You will not be liable to repay any uni loans during your flight training if that's a concern of yours. During my flight training I delivered take-away food to survive!