PDA

View Full Version : frustration

pch504
3rd Dec 2007, 11:44
Greetings to all rotorheads . I am a commercial helicopter pilot with a JAA licence IR rated with 292 hurs of flight experience . I have type ratings in a HU300 ,R44 and a canadian licence with a group iv instrument licence with a B206 type rating .I am currently flying ,very little ,as a part time pilot, when there is enough work, paid by the hour.i have sent off my CVS to everybody and their mother and phoned them repeteadly with limited sucess . It seems that hiring goes into hibernation this time of year .
Can anyone enlighten me where i could find some steady work with my flying experience . Will travel . THANKS

chcoffshore
3rd Dec 2007, 12:06
Give HR CHC Europe a call, they need co-pilots in Norway and UK!

tecpilot
3rd Dec 2007, 13:48
A little bit off topic, sorry!

May be i'm not up to date but is it now possible in JAA land to have an IR on HU 30 and R44? :uhoh:

My last stand is there is no "isolated" IR, means if you don't have a rating for a helicopter certified for IR in JAA land, you could not have an IR rating?

playing40
3rd Dec 2007, 14:39
Call HSE (Grupo Inaer) in Spain.

pch504
4th Dec 2007, 13:22
Thanks for the advice am following it

helimutt
4th Dec 2007, 13:51
unfortunately, it sounds as if you don't actually hold a JAR IR on a twin eng a/c. That might be the problem in Europe for you. You are among many CPl holders without an IR and low hours too.
Good luck in your quest but look to converting the IR if you possibly can.

Sorry it doesn't sound too positive.