PDA

View Full Version : Lost Commissioning Scroll

bushveld
3rd Dec 2007, 11:04
Somewhere during one of the many moves in the last 30 years, I have misplaced my 1970 vintage commissioning scroll. Does anyone know where to write to obtain a replacement? Getting old and sentimental. Many thanks

bigley
7th Dec 2007, 20:19
Mate,

I've just managed to get my missus her lost commissioning scroll. There is a very nice lady at Innsworth that sorts it out. PM for more details, which are at work so will reply next week.

teeteringhead
7th Dec 2007, 21:15
But the paper looks a lot cheaper these days .....:(:(

bakseetblatherer
7th Dec 2007, 21:53
Hey could you post those detail please, bigley. I never even got mine so it would be nice to get one
Cheers

Melchett01
8th Dec 2007, 00:13
. I never even got mine so it would be nice to get one

Your commission or your scroll?! :E

bakseetblatherer
8th Dec 2007, 00:28
Haha; I was commissioned twice!
Edit maybe thats why the RAF never gave a scroll, but then again didn't get one from the RN either?...............racism against colonials I bet ;)

Autorev
27th Mar 2008, 12:41
Does anybody have contact details for RN and Army that may be able to provide replacement commissioning scrolls?

I have just been given my father-in-law's to hang next to mine in the smallest room, and am now looking for other family members' scrolls.

Many thanks

MostlyModerate
27th Mar 2008, 12:50
Autorev

I suspect that your father in law may not have considered your lavatory an appropriate place to hang a document of such import.

airborne_artist
27th Mar 2008, 12:54
Auto

My guess is that the replacement scroll needs to be applied for by the recipient, in person. Are the people whose scrolls you want still alive?

Skittler
27th Mar 2008, 13:57
Think you will find that Innsworth is empty of R.A.F. personnel, waiting to be taken over by the Army

Tigs2
27th Mar 2008, 14:08
MostlyModerate

Perhaps you should rethink sir. The only place to hang ones commissioning scrolls and any other certificates of merit is the down stairs lavatory. This is the only room that you can guarantee your guests will visit!! My Lav is full of them:} Most males piss on their shoes because they are to busy reading them:}

exscribbler
27th Mar 2008, 14:40
Tigs: I hope the floor's tiled. If it were carpeted, I bet it would smell just luuurvely...:E

Tigs2
27th Mar 2008, 14:50
exscribbler

I don't know, I just send wifey in to clean up:E:E

helen-damnation
27th Mar 2008, 19:34
It's the howls of laughter as they see the photo of young steely eyed hairy (less bald) killers that gets me :O

Appreciate a PM with the RN details if you have them.
Thanks,
H-D

Autorev
27th Mar 2008, 20:00
The recipients are sadly no longer with us....or else I would ask them in person where I might find them.

MostlyModerate(sic) - Who says that my smallest room is a lavatory? My downstairs loo is enormous!

Thanks in advance for anybody who may have contact details for RN or
Army office who deals in such matters.

david castle
15th Nov 2008, 21:51
How does one obtain a replacement Commissioning scroll ?

Acey ducey
16th Nov 2008, 23:02
Would'nt mind a PM with RN contact details as well. 19 years in and never got one to put in my downstairs lav. Not that I have one, I live in a bungalow!:ok:

Wholigan
17th Nov 2008, 06:48
in my downstairs lav. Not that I have one, I live in a bungalow!Hmmm - does that mean your bog is upstairs in your bungalow??? Or you don't have a bog??

:E

FCWhippingBoy
17th Nov 2008, 09:26
As a bungalow has no stairs, surely it is a "Ground Floor Bathroom" and not a "Downstairs Lav" :}

helen-damnation
17th Nov 2008, 21:24
Would appreciate a PM with the RN details as well.
Time to give the kids a larf :{
Cheers,
H-D

CleartoFire
19th Nov 2008, 13:36
I never received one either, can someone supply me witht he RN details please?

Ta.

CTF

Airborne Aircrew
19th Nov 2008, 14:02
This thread reminds me of a classic skit by a couple of classic comedians who are both sadly passed now I believe.

Ernie Wise, (playing a Roman): Have you got the scrolls?

Eric Morecombe: No, I always walk like this.

Still funny 40 years on... :D