PDA

View Full Version : Completion of my Frozen ATPL with a different flying school

thesexypilot
3rd Dec 2007, 10:04
I am set to complete my CPL very soon with the Cabair group and I am drawn to Stapleford for my final IR training - it is my intension to go onto a Ryanair course once I finish if there are no other airlines hiring in and around my completion.

Do you think I'd be frowned upon changing flight schools by other airlines or do you think Stapleford could get me in a good/better position for a job.

Much appreciate some helpful advice,:):rolleyes::8

TomCat50
3rd Dec 2007, 15:24
I wouldn't bother with Ryan *** air if i was you!

Tom

bananaman2
3rd Dec 2007, 17:33
it's only for you to decide the pros and cons of which flight school to complete the IR? However i'm also completing my frozen atpl at a recognised training school and of the various airlines that have come to visit; flybe, ryanair, ba etc etc.... it was only BA that definitively said they would not not take modular directly from flight school (they would have to join later after experience). All the other airlines were quite forthcoming and i know of several modular guys working for flybe and ryanair, although they were all previous flight instructors or completed their training with one or two ftos. If you have any concerns you should try to go to the ryanair seminar on dec 16th.

Also of what little i know of ryanair... as long as you're prepared to pay(interview then type training), you should have more than a fair chance of being succesful.

Life's a Beech
3rd Dec 2007, 20:23
I can't see it will make any difference. Anything's better than Cabair!

BA might say that, but they said that before and still interviewed people from modular courses at the school I trained with. I for one wouldn't even consider employing you if you did an integrated course, unless you had recovered since through some considerable experience! I have employed a pilot straight from Stapleford.

Life's a Beech
3rd Dec 2007, 20:58
WingoWango

They always said that, but again it is not in practice how it works!

thesexypilot
3rd Dec 2007, 21:20
:bored:i've done modular so ba won't be a choice with either