PDA

View Full Version : getting filmed in flight?!

Aerofoil
3rd Dec 2007, 01:01
Hi all

I'm not sure if this is in the right forum but i couldnt find one to suit. Basically im a pilot who would like to show my friend and family a video of me at work i.e the take off landing and anything inbetween... Now i know i cant get anyone to sit in the jumpseat like the good old days so i though i would ask and see if anyone else has done this via some mounting the camcorder somewhere on a 737 to record various stages of flight?

Many thanks in advance

Foil

Slasher
3rd Dec 2007, 04:18
Just dont have your fly open.

Pluto's gone
3rd Dec 2007, 04:24
Check out You Tube, there are some great cockpit recorded take offs, I'd give you the link but don't have it handy.

Either that or mount it on your hat... :)

Capt. Inop
3rd Dec 2007, 10:04
Mount the cam on a tripod and strap it to the jumpseat, (i suppose you're in the RHS)

BelArgUSA
3rd Dec 2007, 10:31
Best is when you have someone deadheading on the jump seat...
Just give the camera and tell them what phases you want to be taped...
I have done many of these... and did it for other guys as well, from jump seat.
Remember to set the lense for the very bright light source from windshield.
If not, your instruments and cockpit environment gets to be very dark...
xxx
I told you guys to stop that nonsense of 2 pilot crews without F/E...!
I recommend that you request your airline to install a F/E station in the 737.
Be sure also to have a nice looking F/A sit on your lap...
xxx
:)
Happy contrails

18-Wheeler
3rd Dec 2007, 12:15
Me hard at work (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkn0D1nGi2k).
(Sorta)

Got a 'spare' crew member to video it for me.

WannaBeBiggles
3rd Dec 2007, 18:16
Just curious, if cameras can interfere with navigation equipment in the cabin, one would think this is even more the case in the pointy end of the aircraft.

BelArgUSA
4th Dec 2007, 00:30
Never had any problems like that.
We use telephones (and cameras) since years with any plane in out fleet, i.e. sending a sms to operations when we line up on runway to advise of our departure time. Our airplanes include A-340s and 744s with glass cockpit...
xxx
:)
Happy contrails

john_tullamarine
4th Dec 2007, 01:32
There's plenty of guidance material about ... however I would suggest that the following points are relevant for consideration ..

(a) some bits of kit can, and do, interfere

(b) if the EMI/EMR trials have been done and there is no demonstrated problem, then all should be well

(c) if trials haven't been done, then the main problem is passengers using untested kit without the knowledge of the crew

(d) it follows that crew use in the cockpit provides a simple control measure .. use is at sensible times and under appropriate MET conditions .. and, if something doesn't look quite right .. it is a simple enough check test to turn the kit off and see what happens.

pasty boy
7th Dec 2007, 09:27
Get yourself one of these, they are the dogs..
Works like a G-Cramp that you attach on to which ever piece of the cockpit you like, has a screw thread on top which will screw into your camera tripod mount.
Mine lives in my flight case and along with my casio compact (Z1000) produces excellent videos.
Not sure if it would be man enough to hold a full size vid camera .

http://www.hama.co.uk/portal/articleId*1880/action*2563

slip and turn
7th Dec 2007, 12:33
I'm sorry but I am fighting to understand why any 747 captain would want to post a link on PPRuNe to a poor quality video of themselves made like that. Surely it is someone else having a laugh at his expense?

"er .. Hello..." ???

ACMS
8th Dec 2007, 14:43
It wasn't that bad.

got to love the classic.:ok:

TolTol
8th Dec 2007, 16:47
It wasn't that bad.

Yes it was.