PDA

View Full Version : Film of Chinook down the Falklands 1985

7of9
30th Nov 2007, 18:57
This is a copy of the Chinook ride I took one day down the Falklands when I was serving with NAAFI EFI attached to the army.
I was at Chindet (Chinook Detachment).
The video was originally done on old equipment onto VHS, i recently converted it to DVD adding music to drown out the engine noise.
The blob you see on the left is within the lense body of the original camera so I couldn't get rid of it, this was done to my camcorder which is why the boarder keeps moving around.
The original film I took was 40 mins long, i have more film but it needs proccessing.
The trip start with a look through the centre hatch as a "Hooker" hooks up a container.
Then I am sitting on the back ramp while we are flying fast at lowlevel to a refuelling point.
Then I am in the Jump seat between the two pilots while returning to base playing I Spy.
Then treated to a flyby.
It takes a while to load so you might have to be patient.
Hope this is of interest to you.
Cheers Trev

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfqtbK8Qa2c

If anyone reconises themselves & wants the updated copy that i did for you down the Falklands then, please PM me.

Exrigger
30th Nov 2007, 19:41
Thanks for that 7of9, brought back a few memories from my rotortuning and general flying trips down there in 89.

SRENNAPS
30th Nov 2007, 20:14
Brill,

Also brought back a few memories of my time short time on 27 at Odiham. I loved flying with them.

Thanks