PDA

View Full Version : New SAR

John Blakeley
29th Nov 2007, 19:36
Apologies if this has been picked up before, but I cannot see it and I think it will be of interest to many - the following is from the EU Journal:
Summary of Requirements / Description of Work:SAR-H is a cross Government Project between the Ministry of Defence and the Department for Transport (Maritime and Coastal Agency) and the SAR-H IPT is a joint MoD/MCA procurement team. SAR-H seeks to replace the SAR Helicopter capability currently provided by the Royal Air Force and the Royal Navy using Sea Kings and the MCA, through a service contract. The MoD and MCA together provide a 24 hour SAR service for the UK SAR region from 12 bases around the UK.
It is anticipated that the new capability will cover a period of approximately 20 to 30 years at an estimated value, excluding VAT, of between 3,000,000,000 and 5,000,000,000 GBP and that the service will be phased in from 2012 when the MCA service contract is due to expire.
The Competition is being run under the Private Finance Initiative using the Competitive Dialogue procedure. This is the first of three Invitations to Tender being issued in order to progressively down select solutions.

airborne_artist
29th Nov 2007, 20:03
Have you read this SAR privatisation (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=275734) thread? It's been going since May 07.

Fareastdriver
30th Nov 2007, 01:39
Go to the Rotorheads forum. Sea King to old and putting Lives at risk. It's a book by itself. Page one is quiet but when you get going it gets better and better. Lots of hair pulling and my toys are better than your toys etc etc. It needs to be preserved as a permanent sticky.
Your EU document is way out of date, the contract was issued a couple of years ago.

Senior Pilot
30th Nov 2007, 03:14
Link to Sea King to old and putting Lives at risk (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=299347). :ok:

John Blakeley
30th Nov 2007, 06:20
Fareastdriver

The EU document is dated 16 Nov 2007 with responses by 31 January 2008. For this first round it has been issued to 3 tenderers AIRKNIGHT, CHC-Thales and UK Air Rescue - I assume they don't think the contract has been let.

JB

30th Nov 2007, 07:42
John - the contract has not been let but the process is well underway - the 3 consortia are what is left from the initial appraisal of bids and the final contractor will be one of those 3 once SARH have scored all the bids. It is a big pot of cash up for grabs as you have shown so don't expect a fair fight.

John Blakeley
30th Nov 2007, 10:37
Crab

Thanks for the clarification - it makes more sense now - as you say this is serious money!

JB

Fareastdriver
30th Nov 2007, 10:49
I apologise. I was referingto the wrong contract.
Back to Rotorheads and South Asia and the Far East.

When the whole lot has been sorted who is paying for it? The EU or the British taxpayer, and that includes me.

30th Nov 2007, 11:34
Well it won't be the EU so who does that leave? The provision of SAR is down to individual member states - dig deep:)