PDA

View Full Version : Kingfisher Written Test

radical_100
29th Nov 2007, 08:31
This is just a record of what's contained in the Kingfisher Written (Technical) Test conducted in Mumbai, India on 29th November 2007.

We assembled at the Golden Swan City Hotel (Near the Domestic terminal) at around 0945 Hrs, and the test was scheduled for 1000 Hrs. It got started on time at 1015 Hrs (15 min late IS on-time). The paper had 40 questions, and time given was 1 hour. Pretty easy questions, I guess it was just used as an elimination round. Questions were multiple choice having 3 choices per question and it was given on pen & paper. Topics included Human factors, Basic aerodynamics (PPL Level), Met (General, not specific to India), a tad bit of Indian Air Law (which is mostly IFR anyway) and exactly 1 question asking what the Kingfisher fleet was.

In a brief before the test, we were told that Kingfisher was looking for just 2 pilots this month, 6 in all in the forthcoming 3 months, as they were expecting their cadets to return by the end of this month. From what I could see, around 120-140 people had shown up for the written test.

Posted this just so that anyone else appearing for the written test would have a fair idea of what it contained.

dartagnan
29th Nov 2007, 19:58
120 pilots for 2-3 positions.

passrate? 2%?:ugh:

radical_100
30th Nov 2007, 02:58
The so called "aviation boom" in India is just a hoax for those starting off, obviously.

dartagnan
30th Nov 2007, 10:17
this is what I believe, I have applied in this countries with people who said they will place me... after 6 months they recontact me to get a copy of my license, then 3 months later still nothing.

PARC and the others companies sent me email for invitations in paris for kingfisher, but need hours on the bus.

then a friend told me he paid hours on the A320 with Indigo, without knowing if line training is JAR, and still waiting for his base training with the risk to go back to the sim and pay more money.

this is far to be serious!

there are more selections going on, but the passrate is very very low view the number of candidates.

rayan03
30th Nov 2007, 12:03
why the passrate is less? :confused:

flying_monkey99
30th Nov 2007, 14:24
what were the minimums to be able to attend the kingfisher tests?
1. Indian national mandatory, or foreign nationals allowed as well ?
2. From what i heard it was for trainee FO's on the ATR 72 and the 320.
3. Any idea of the min hrs on type for the trainees, and was TR on the 320 a pre-req for those applying for that post ?

Any insights most appreciated..

Regards,
fm :ok: