PDA

View Full Version : EMB-145 job for EGA in Malabo

NineInchSnail
29th Nov 2007, 05:37
Hey Folks,

Came across an ad on climbto350.com for a captain and FO position for emb-145 VIP. The add was for a company calleg EGA in Malabo. Any infos or feedback about the job or company? What about the QOL in Malabo? Would really appreciate it

Thanks and fly safe

I.R.PIRATE
29th Nov 2007, 08:38
Stay far away

CRJusa
30th Nov 2007, 03:20
Why do you say that? Is it a reliable company? Will they pay me?

Is anything dangerous there? Is the government corrupt?

BadAndy
1st Dec 2007, 02:14
Why do you say that? Is it a reliable company? Will they pay me?

Is anything dangerous there? Is the government corrupt?

Haaaaa haaaa haaaaa haaaaaa............ :}

I was the Captain there from Feb 2002- Oct 2002. All in all, it was a decent job. At times I wanted to shoot myself (or more realistically shoot them...). They paid (eventually). Learn the phrase "No mi pagas, yo no vuelo!!!" The housing was okay (terrible in the beginning, even worse in the middle, but great towards the end). The government is corrupt (read "The Wonga Coup" or "Tropical Gangsters" for good sumations of the situation there...). The mx was terrible (I ended up helping do most of it myself...). But, the flying was some of the most fun I've ever done. It was cowboy flying.

The friends I made there are some of the best people I've ever worked with. There were some good times (right Jaco?!?!?!?!?!).

I guess, if you don't have another job, are young and single, and want to experience Africa, it's a pretty good gig. Just hold out for decent money. $9k USD is reasonable (+house + car). If you have a real job and a life, stay away. Far away...

I.R.PIRATE
1st Dec 2007, 06:20
thanks Andy, I was waiting for you to answer this post.:ok::ok:

E145Captain
3rd Dec 2007, 14:13
I have been there more recently, from Jul06 till Dec06. Both me and the other pilots plus the engeneers who were working there by the same time we are still trying to receive our contracts.

If the aircraft is beeing managed by a greek/american guy run away!

And if you are lucky enough you might get one malaria there too.

Cheers.

FlyItLikeARental
4th Dec 2007, 08:17
The definition of ecstacy, V1 in Malabo... :E