PDA

View Full Version : Nightime prop flying high over MAN area

AircraftOperations
28th Nov 2007, 15:40
I'm hearing (but not seeing) a prop over the MAN area most (if not all) weeknights between 21.30 and 22.00 (local) and would be interested to know what it is. Not sure what direction it flies either, I'm afraid - but am fairly sure that it isn't flying to/from MAN.

It is not the GMP surveillance aircraft - I presume it is a turboprop and flying above FL100, but am only guessing.

My thoughts were that it might be an Electra/F27/ATR type aircraft on a nightly cargo route - as it's pretty late for a scheduled pax op - but I'd like to know route and aircraft if possible.

Sam-MAN
28th Nov 2007, 17:10
It may be G-MANH on the Shannon-East Mids run (i think), it's an ATP. I have him on the SBS quite a bit between those times.

Sam:}

MAN777
28th Nov 2007, 21:37
I often see one or more of the MNG F27s (Turkish)based at Coventry, appearing on my SBS late on.

Maude Charlee
28th Nov 2007, 22:43
Late-running Flybe Dash 8. :E

Bit too early to be the Electra mail run to/from Aldergrove.

AircraftOperations
28th Nov 2007, 23:48
Thanks a lot.

I'll look into schedules for the above suggestions to see what matches up.

Had forgotten about the ATPs.

Sam-MAN
29th Nov 2007, 16:12
G-MANH is the only prop that i get with full tracking. It comes from WAL (near liverpool) then flies south of Manchester into east mids.

TenAndie
29th Nov 2007, 22:12
Sam Man - The ATP flies from Cork to East Mids arriving at 2150L. It also goes out of EMA to Amsterdam and back before returning to Cork at 5am.

Man777 - The 2 MNG F27 you see are going between Bristol and Newcastle. They both pass each other about the same time doing 1 sector a night.

TenAndie
29th Nov 2007, 22:15
The ATP is Atlantic Airlines and the MNG is contracted to AA hence both using Neptune callsigns

:ok:

Sam-MAN
30th Nov 2007, 15:28
Cheers TenAndie...

Knew it was somewhere in Ireland :ok:

Jamesair
30th Nov 2007, 15:38
Similar query here....a high but quite loud prop flies over N. london most nights about 0030/0045 any ideas?

James - extensively covered previously in other posts. Use 'Search'.

Sam-MAN
30th Nov 2007, 18:04
The answer is in a thread somewhere in here James... search for it...

Was a Britten Norman

RingwaySam
30th Nov 2007, 20:17
Im pretty certain it's a Lockheed Electra out of Liverpool. Hear it all the time.

Pontious
1st Dec 2007, 00:05
I saw it a few evenings ago. I'm about 25 nm's north west of the MCT (near the WTN TACAN) and it was following the airway DCS-MAN so I would say it was probably from GLA/EDI/PWK/ABZ heading south. As far as types go I don't think it's an F27 as it doesn't sound like a RR Dart. It sounds a bit too bass-ish or throaty for a Dart. It sounds a little like a RR Tyne or even a Kutznetsov turbo prop which I think may be an AN12 or AN24/26. I think there may be some eastern european operators that operate night freight/postal contracts within the UK. It may be one of those.
:ok:

on21
2nd Dec 2007, 17:34
I could tell you but, then I'd have to kill you!

AircraftOperations
3rd Dec 2007, 20:13
Pretty sure it's not an Eastern European Antonov type aircraft as I don't believe there are any on long-term contracts on routes which fly close to MAN. There is at least one An-26 up in Scotland flying domestic routes nightly.

ATP/Electra sounds most likely I'd say.

Sam-MAN
3rd Dec 2007, 20:50
Could it possibly be BE20's flying from/into Walney Island (Barrow-in-Furness)?

They normally fly over North Manchester at FL130-FL160

Sam

AircraftOperations
3rd Dec 2007, 21:36
Think I saw it tonight, at 21.25 to 21.30 just south east of MAN/MCT on a heading of approx 070-090 I'd say.

Couldn't tell a/c type or altitude from the lights though.

RingwaySam
3rd Dec 2007, 22:39
Could it possibly be BE20's flying from/into Walney Island (Barrow-in-Furness)?

Walney Island Airport closes quite often so I wouldn't imagine it would be flying around at that time.

BYALPHAINDIA
3rd Dec 2007, 22:51
BTW, Does anyone know where I can get flight schedules for the Night Freight flights.

I would like a Timetable guide to freight flights for DHL, ATLANTIC AIRLINES, UPS etc.

I cannot find anything on Google.:ugh:
Many Thanks.:ok:
BYAI.

mmeteesside
5th Dec 2007, 09:22
I've been attempting to put one together, am slowly gathering info on the UK flights, expanding into Europe. Currently including Royal Mail, DHL, UPS, Fedex and TNT and a few other contracts.

I have found that MNG F27 flies CVT-DUB-CVT overnight so that could be a possible one to transit over the MAN area? Don't know the times but it is NPT420/421.

Sam-MAN
5th Dec 2007, 15:06
I have has OK-ABB around 22:10 some nights.

TC-MBC aswel around 10ish some nights so i reken it could be any of them

Sam

razzele
11th Dec 2007, 12:59
Another very light Prop does CVT-DUB-CVT. 'Clifton' callsign, Seneca II (PA34) does a mail run just ahead of the MNG cargo F27 that leaves around midnight! Maybe a bit later than the one you hear.
Keep an eye (or Ear) out for that one.

WHBM
11th Dec 2007, 14:32
BTW, Does anyone know where I can get flight schedules for the Night Freight flights.

All in here :

Airport Timetables UK

It's not on line but an old-fashioned book (remember those ? :) ) which you have to buy.

BYALPHAINDIA
11th Dec 2007, 20:37
Cheers WHBM, I will have a look for it.:ok:

perkin
12th Dec 2007, 10:00

As a slight side point, Schiphol seem to list (some) freight flights in amongst the arrivals and departures section of their website