PDA

View Full Version : Lufthansa Cityline selection

Zouzi
25th Nov 2007, 14:32
Hi!

I've been invited to the first phase of Lufthansa Cityline selection and would like to ask a few questions. What are the examination questions like? What type of tests are given? How many tests are giving during the day?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Thank you in advance

dartagnan
26th Nov 2007, 15:56
congratulation zouzi !

same as me, got an invitation.

this is in hamburg for GU test(general undergrund). and the psycho test are the same as skytest http://www.skytest.de/english/index.php?page=shop/index.ph (http://www.skytest.de/english/index.php?page=shop/index.php)p with a passrate close of 1%.

then I think there is a sim test later with a passrate of 0.5%.

as my chances are close to 0.25%, I would like to know if they pay for accommodation and transport to hamburg cuz I don'have lot of cash for video games.

diverine
27th Nov 2007, 14:23
Congratulations to both of you. I've heard that there is a way to prepare for those DLR tests. And once prepared the pass rate goes up to 70-80%...

However, where are you guys from? How is your German? I always check Lufthansa's website where it states written and spoken German must be good.

I am thinking about applying but my German is just ok not very fluent...

just wondering, thanks and good luck!!

hvogt
27th Nov 2007, 15:59
A while ago I posted some general information (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3340621&postcount=9) about DLR's selection process. This might give you a first impression.

diverine
27th Nov 2007, 19:58
HVogt,

Thanks a lot for the information, greatly appreciated... My question is particularly about "Part 2: company specific examination". Are those tests and interviews all held in German or English?

Do I need to be almost as good as a native German speaker?

Thx

dartagnan
27th Nov 2007, 22:17
my german sucks! 2 on 10(choppy, hesitation, but I can say what I want say....) but can be improved once in the country.

I got "invited" cuz I said I speak a little of german. anyway if they want perfect german, they can hire someone else!

I still have to see what the mean by "invited"...

PB4
28th Nov 2007, 07:15
hi guys, I speak very very very basic german and was successfull stage one, DLR GU, being invited for the sim, I asked what about the interview as I don't speak german fluently enought (at all), they said the sim is in english and if I pass they would be happy to leave me 2-3 months to brush up my german then the interview... still looks quite chalenging to me for a company where you have to speak english 100% of the time on the deck..

hvogt
28th Nov 2007, 17:28
My question is particularly about "Part 2: company specific examination". Are those tests and interviews all held in German or English?

diverine

I think it's most likely that the dyadic co-operation test will be conducted in German. In this test both team partners sit, side by side, in front of computer monitors, both have headsets and keyboards. Communicating over a push and talk connection they have to manage a task which can be described as distributing virtual items to bridges or lorries that have different capacities. Through the different runs both team members act both as PF and PNF (to put it in aviation vocabulary).

The VERDI tests are most likely to be done in German, too. I took part in the test but I must not disclose any details. However, I can give examples of typical test situations. As for the first test, think of a stewardess who, after a flight through most severe turbulence, is completely reluctant to fly again. Of course you need her as a crew member, otherwise you cannot fly the next leg. Your task is then to convince her to do her job again. The second and third test are rather standard airline tests.

Do I need to be almost as good as a native German speaker?

I must frankly say, I don't know Lufthansa's policy concerning that question.

What I can say is that I once met a Lufthansa pilot who was from the Netherlands and who had a remarkable accent. So, I would assume that an accent alone will not spoil your chances.

Furthermore an English accent is nothing unpleasant to German ears. I hope this will encourage you a bit.

diverine
28th Nov 2007, 18:32
Danke vielmals fuer deine Hilfe! ;)

dartagnan
30th Nov 2007, 13:25
Cityline (and all german companies) asks for recognition of school diploma not done in Germany.

they don't recognize my "fachschule"but accept the german "habitur".

I have studied more years than for a german habitur, but still they don't accept my "berufschule"

I will give up with germany.

sx_stavros
16th Jun 2008, 14:38
Hi guys

Just got invited for the BU tests in Hamburg this September. Could anyone tell me wether there is a CD-Rom that i could practice on that tests please? I thought of going to ATTC to do my preparation but seriously that is a proper rip off!At the end of the day nobody can guarantee that u pass the tests!

Million thanks and good luck to everyone!

TheFlyingDJ
17th Jun 2008, 14:14
It's called Skytest.

http://www.skytest.de/

Knee Trembler
17th Jun 2008, 15:45
For everything you need to know about DLR and the Lufthansa Cityline selection see:

http://www.pilotenboard.de

And yes, it is in German.

I'm taking the tests in English (as a brit I want to give myself the best chance I can) on August 14th. Anyone else going?

Beware, it is a VERY tough selection (failure rated reported to be 90%). I know a lot of colleagues who despite being excellent pilots have failed at various stages. I can't comment on the 90% but know at least nine who have failed and only one who passed.

Still you have to be in it to win it as they say ;-).

Good luck all,

KT :)

Iver
22nd Jul 2009, 19:44
What's the latest at Lufthansa Cityline? I realise they are not hiring with the downturn and probably won't hire for a long while... I do have a bunch of questions if people have time:

1. When they were hiring in the past, how was aircraft selection made for newhires (i.e., CRJ or Avro)? Was it based on fleet need or experience? Does the Avro pay more than the CRJ-2/7/9 or is that no longer an issue? Why would a person have a preference of one type vs. another (i.e., does one offer a better schedule or better routes)?

2. With the E195s coming, will the Avro be phased out over 2009 and 2010? What is the phase out schedule for the Avro?

3. What is the pilot "flow" relationship between Cityline and LH mainline? Is there a direct link from Cityline to LH (when economic times are good and there are vacancies at LH) or do Cityline pilots have to apply like other pilots from other airlines (direct hire)? Would a Cityline pilot have an advantage over an Air Berlin pilot interested in a LH vacancy (if one is open - I realise ab initio pilots get most of the slots)? Is there a formal pilot flow relationship between Cityline and LH?

4. What do Cityline pilots like and dislike about flying for Cityline? Is QOL considered quite good? In good economic times, what attracts pilots to Cityline vs. other carriers like Air Berlin/LTU, Hamburg Airlines, and others?

PMs are welcome. Cheers

Cecco
22nd Jul 2009, 20:23
Cannot make a contribution to your four questions but what I know is that the last bunch of gals/guys who had been waiting for months and who were supposed to do an Avro type rating course in January got a call on 24th December that the course was cancelled...Better times will come but when...??

Iver
23rd Jul 2009, 00:22
Cecco,

Interesting. Do you mean that current CRJ pilots would want an Avro type rating even though that airplane will be departing the fleet? Does the Avro pay better than the CRJ-2/7/9? I presume that the E195 fleet will pay as well as the Avro - right? Is there a different amount paid for the various CRJ models (i.e., the 200 pays less per sector than the 900)?

Does anyone know when the first Cityline E195 will start service on the line and how many are expected through the end of 2009?

paistepst5
20th Aug 2012, 00:17
How do you take the tests in English? Do they give you a choice?