PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Medical

reaz
24th Nov 2007, 20:52
Hi everybody,

The doctor gives the FAA Medical certificate right away after the medical is done.

When is the certificate issued, in case of Transport Canada Medical? I did my TC medical but was not issued with any certificate from the Doctor's office.

Any response will be highly appreciated.:rolleyes:

DJRC
24th Nov 2007, 23:36
As I understand it, your doctor sends the results to TC who then issue the certificate and post it to you. I am still waiting for mine to come back having done my class 1 about 3 weeks ago.

+TSRA
25th Nov 2007, 03:03
Thats my understanding of the way things are too, but in my case its been 6 weeks and going since I did my Class 1! TC Toronto told me that they are up to date on licence issues but backlogged at the medical branch at the moment (this information is about a week old now).

angryblackman
5th Dec 2007, 19:28
If you have never possessed a Canadian Medical....
You will have to wait for the results to be evaluated by Transport Canada and then processed. Make sure you have paid your $55.00 processing fee to Transport Canada. They will then mail you a medical certificate.

If you already hold a Canadian Medical....
You will have your medical certificate revalidated by the medical doctor with a red ink stamp that is placed on the back side of the medical certificate. This revalidation can be stamped up to four times before Transport Canada reissues a new medical certificate.

reaz
6th Dec 2007, 16:08
So, you mean that I need to contact Transport Canada in order to pay the money? Or Transport Canada will send me the bill.

I was not told anything from the doctor's office though.

This is my first time TC Medical.

lgw
6th Dec 2007, 16:38
Don't worry, they will send you a bill. When I did my medical I received the certificate in the mail relatively quickly. I got the bill about 2 months later.

Cheers.

reaz
6th Dec 2007, 20:31
Thanks a lot for your responses.

Dragon Spice
9th Dec 2007, 05:07
Hi everyone....I will have to do my initial Medical again. Does anyone have any idea of the costs involved now? (Its been a while since my initial one)

Ricky1
3rd Jan 2008, 20:12
Check out this website for doctors in your area. call them to find out or just call Transport Canada.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/en/menu.htm

http://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/Cam/menu.htm

Kind regards,
Ricky1