PDA

View Full Version : About EPST in Norway

soundlover
24th Nov 2007, 18:01
Hi everyone,
do you know something about this school?
Do you think their promises are true?

Thanks a lot:)

clown82
26th Nov 2007, 08:25
Hello soundlover,

You might want to ask your question on http://www.airwork.nl/bulletinboard/forumdisplay.php?f=7. It's a Dutch forum but if you can ask your question in English. EPST is a Dutch organisation and I know there are people on the forum who know much more about EPST and this First Officer program.

Clown

soundlover
26th Nov 2007, 09:08
Many thanks clown82!!!:)

-IBLB-
29th Nov 2007, 08:30
Do you think their promises are true?No, I don't. I didn't do the 'normal' training at EPST, but I did do a bridgecourse there. When succesful, they were supposed to help me find a job, or at least try. In the past 18 months or so, I've heard once from them; I were to apply at a company where they had put my name forward. I did. The next day I got a notice from that company that they were not looking for pilots at that time.

I have a feeling though, that people who do the full course, are helped a lot better. Just don't trust anything.

Alex511
29th Nov 2007, 14:14
Soundlover,
EPST does the training in Denmark, not Norway.
It is my understanding that they only fully assist in placement of pilots doing the bridgecourse provided these pilots keep their skills up-to-date by flying the simulator at least every 4 - 6 weeks. They will drop any assistance if you do not do that with them or at another sim location (making sure you pass any grading and as such protect their image).
Alex