PDA

View Full Version : Oz Labour Party Aviation Policy Announcement

skid shoe
22nd Nov 2007, 23:14
This story is being carried in todays Australian here: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22804986-23349,00.html.

If the polls are to be believed, our industry will be seeing some changes on the local scene. Martyn Fergusen does not mention the founder of any major electronics chains by name but he sure puts one on notice.

Cheers
ss

topendtorque
23rd Nov 2007, 14:11
not to mention the founder of any major electronics chains by name but he sure puts one on notice.

Martin is a good dude. He helped aviation out mightily with the mustering F/D time’s problem and other scenarios that I needn’t mention.

I didn’t help him arrive at his philosophy re the above quote; - this time- but I have no problem with it. In fact I reacted rather badly to the same referred to gentlemen carrying on in grandiose manner in the past in these forums, about “threatening” with naming respondents to these columns. Go ahead I say, fill your boots mate if it makes your day.

However with regard to Aviation, Martin good man though he is, wears four unfortunate tags at the moment;

1) The Labor party have been seen to be very soft on the future of live-export. That puts every mustering pilot and ALL of their agencies / parts suppliers on notice of termination. Further mayhem will occur for all the other (five to one on a cash flow basis) supportive industries. Cessation of live-ex would cripple this countries beef industries, at least. It would possibly send both OZ Robinson agents scurrying to their bank.
2) He mentions in his press clip the setting up of another committee of review for the aviation industry. Oh Yeah, just to add to the other 90 or so that Rudd has also promised. Respondents should know the route, a) committee, b) recommendation, c) implementation. Sorry, Item c) does not occur because it will be reviewed by another committee of costing and or impacts, and then guess what you dumbo’s, it’s time for another election, and nothing has happened.

There are exceptions to that rule where committee decisions have been made. Nick Lappos covers it extremely well with his frustrations of seeing an away from home unsuitable product being bought into country to fly his (bushy beloved?) president around, with it’s unforeseen, to every one except those as clear sighted as him, costs, ho – ho.

3) Last time Labor came in with Gough – Cough- Whitlam there was an immediate cessation of mineral exploration in this country. That took twenty plus years to re-establish after the impact of native title and hairy armpitters etc, etc. OZ’s biggest Helicopter Company went to the wall inside six months. 57 of their 104 machines were grounded inside forty eight hours, that’s 48, because of it and many pilots went offshore searching for work.
4) When Whitlam came in most of our current pilots were wearing nappies or were just a gleam in their father’s eyes. May I acquaint you all with the fact that interest on borrowed money for hire purchase of helicopters climbed quickly to dizzying heights. Twenty % and more for some, I know, I was there trying to make ends meet. I was lucky I had four very good and very junior drivers who didn’t so much as even scratch the first four machines that we owned and we JUUUUst survived. The company I worked for also had equal luck, or good training perhaps.

You young guys want the same, no job, no chance of getting your own machine because of high interest, and worse, the promise of your life being ruled by the unions, go right ahead, vote in Rudd.

Just be prepared to later have the guts to say, you did it.

And I haven’t even touched what the fast jet guys were going to do with Roz Kelly (a notorious whiteboard user, Minister of the Whitlam administration) should they have seen her touring around the country in an open staff car. No sir I better not go there.

In closing may I also share the frustration of another gentleman in another thread, where oh where are the glorious HAA in doing their supposed job. I.E. lobbying from industry, to both major parties, back to industry, with good logical and structured policy expectations. Guess what? we won't hear from them.:ugh::{

I hope I love yers’ all after tomorrow.
tet