PDA

View Full Version : Tornado / FRA Falcon over Stockton on Tees

Max Shutterspeed
22nd Nov 2007, 20:46
Well done to the Tornado guys formating on the FRA Falcon into Durham Tees Valley this afternoon.

Made all the people in Stockton High Street look up as they formated on the Falcon, then seemed to just accelerate away.

Was there a serious reason, or were you just having a bit of a grin?

Either way, you'll be pleased to hear there were actually lots of favourable comments among the Great Unwashed doing their shopping and I didn't hear anyone being grumpy.

Should be repeated often... :D

MS

soddim
22nd Nov 2007, 22:56
Guess that'll be some poor crew in the pooh then!

Max Shutterspeed
23rd Nov 2007, 06:10
Nah, nothin illegal - it was at low speed and the height was circuit height. Just far louder than the average 737 and interesting formation on the FRA bloke.

Excellent PR in my view;)

MS

Goffee
23rd Nov 2007, 18:17
The FRA boys fly around their home field at Hurn in formation, pretty low all the time (over my house in fact) - there are about four Falcons IIRC and they do get about the place a bit...

Magnersdrinker
23rd Nov 2007, 18:33
The Falcons are currently up at Kinloss at the moment with about 40 other various types of jets.

Maybe it was nothing to do with that. Ive had many of a trip in the falcons flying threw the scottish valleys at a reasonable 1500ft.

Max Shutterspeed
23rd Nov 2007, 19:42
he FRA boys fly around their home field at Hurn in formation, pretty low all the time (over my house in fact) - there are about four Falcons IIRC and they do get about the place a bit...

Their base Oop North is rather smart too. It's a quiet circuit, so they get to do a run and break quite often. Just a bit odd to see a Tornado joining in the fun.

Certainly no complaints. Other than "Lower, please".

MS

Midland 331
23rd Nov 2007, 21:04
I'm inside the Teesside circuit, and some of the King Air's antics at circuit height are a bit, errmm.. scary.

r

Max Shutterspeed
24th Nov 2007, 07:27
I'm inside the Teesside circuit, and some of the King Air's antics at circuit height are a bit, errmm.. scary.

Actually, now you mention it, the King Airs are a bit on the low side, generally coming up from the south. Why? Because they can, I suppose...:p

Max

Midland 331
24th Nov 2007, 07:35
Not so much "low", but low and fast.

r

Radar O'Really
24th Nov 2007, 15:43
Nah, nothing exciting. Just the Flight Cal lads trying to relieve the mega bordom of flying mulitpul ILS's. Who can blame them.
RR