PDA

View Full Version : Mint sucking hedgehog

Fokkerwokker
22nd Nov 2007, 18:36
If anyone has any info about the latest goings on could they PM me please?

I gather the words 'gardening leave' are in use at the top of the pile but could do with a bit more info before I start digging my hand into my own pocket.

Many ta's.

FW

ShyTorque
22nd Nov 2007, 18:39
Never fear, folks - I'm just dusting off the old Enigma machine.....

Whirlygig
22nd Nov 2007, 18:41
http://www.uksafari.com/hedgehogs.htm

No need for an enigma machine! Just more practice at The Independent crossword?

Cheers

Whirls

500e
22nd Nov 2007, 20:17
Whirl I do the Indy X word, but computer appears to be having an off day and times out on link.
PS. any word on the gloves

Hercules of Hera
22nd Nov 2007, 20:23
The clue on the street when 'mailed' is £400,000 apiece and dismissed. [Accurate as at yesterday]

Whirlygig
22nd Nov 2007, 20:25
Brush up on your latin! I know that tends to be more the style of The Times crossword but I used the "The Independent" deliberately; they have published quite a lot of articles recently on this breed!

My golfing glove (singular - left hand!) is fine, thank you very much!

Cheers

Whirls

Hercules of Hera
22nd Nov 2007, 20:28
FW you have made me burst me sides with the thread title. 10/10:}

Fokkerwokker
22nd Nov 2007, 22:32
H of H

Roger dat!:E

Excuse the deviousness all.

Didn't want this to end the way of previous threads on a 'prickly' subject too soon!

Best

FW

wheelbarrow
23rd Nov 2007, 14:53
A good Site to keep updated is:

http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail?display=discussion&code=cotn:ERG.L&it=le

Senior Pilot
23rd Nov 2007, 15:59
Didn't want this to end the way of previous threads on a 'prickly' subject too soon

But you are getting close :rolleyes:

PantsOnFire
23rd Nov 2007, 20:33
I fail to see how taking an interest in the future of the owners of a growing number of helicopter / aviation interests is "getting close" to ending another thread on the same subject.

I can appreciate the need for PPrune to avoid supporting libellous statements, however, in a country of free speech we should be at liberty to refer to broadsheet newspaper articles already in the public domain and to discuss their impact on an industry close to our hearts.

This is a matter of relevance to some pruners who have worked at / are working at / may work at any one of the "sub"-companies - especially as the list of "ownees" is/was growing at an exponetial rate. Without this "hiccup", 90% of the UK helicopter industry may have ended up being owned by the same entity !

I call on all Pruners to show some restraint and common sense when posting to ensure this thread achieves the necessary purpose of "information" and for the moderators to show equal restraint in stiffling public opinion.

Is this not, afterall, a "Rumour" network ? Or is it merely a "PC" "disucssion forum" where we are frightened to offend or fear censorship from voicing our opinion?

Senior Pilot
24th Nov 2007, 03:10
PantsOnFire,

I'm so pleased that you have taken the trouble to register today in order to contribute to this thread. Since we have had two threads on this subject so far, both of which were exposing PPRuNe with potentially libelous posts, maybe you should have refrained from your critique.

However, this is a Rumour Network, and within the bounds of the terms under which you signed to register here, there is a degree of free speech. My statement stands, don't cross the line, and all is well. Cross it again, and this thread is history :=

wheelbarrow
24th Nov 2007, 11:29
You are right, Pantsonfire. IMHO, only the downfall of the hedgehog has stopped, what was probably to be, a planned take over of most of the small UK helicopter companies. There must be concern now for the ones that were taken over. Staff were poached on the promise of large salaries. They will be reconsidering their position now. There is still competition about and turning these loss makers around, is going to be a very challenging task. I doubt if the money is now there to do it!!

The employees of Erinaceous, about to lose there jobs with no redundancy or compensation pay, must feel quite bitter that the last act of this family was to take £800,000 out of the pittance that was left.

500e
24th Nov 2007, 19:17
Lexi founder Shaid Luqman, a former Young Entrepreneur of the Year, turned to Clifford - whose clients have included Celebrity Big Brother winner Shilpa Shetty - in September last year just before his empire crumbled. Luqman, 38, is serving a 21-month sentence for failing to tell a judge where Lexi's assets have gone.

He has also been linked to an alleged multi-million pound commercial property fraud embroiling Dunlop Haywards, part of ailing Aim-listed property services company Erinaceous - a story that Financial-Mail revealed in April last year.

wheelbarrow
24th Nov 2007, 19:33
Ace:
Your post seems to presume I have knowledge of your cicumstances or those surrounding you. A lot of what you say is in riddles. You have me mistaken for someone else, I generally don't have a clue what you are on about.
This is an article I came across tonight on London LSE.
There may be more of a knock on than we all believe.
They may be off the board, but they still own 15% of the company. Those aviation properties you refer to were all purchased well over the odds, and they are all losing money. For Erinaceous to even get a break even return on them, someone else would have to also pay over the odds for them. The facts * 168 million in debt. * Shareprice has fallen 95% * Mass staff exodus. * All successful parts of the business negotiating management buys outs from the erinaceous group. * Clients cancelling contracts in their droves.

What will hapen to Fairoaks, Alan Mann, Norwich and the recently aquired Shoreham, with Fasts, in your opinion?

Heaven knows what will happen after the inevitable collapse? The aviation properties were an expensive hobby, but selling all of them will not make much of a dent in that 168 million debt. Take a look at this article. Something stinks. http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/construction_and_property/article2799347.ece