PDA

View Full Version : Sabian Air

Jamex
22nd Nov 2007, 17:41
Anybody got any info on Sabian Air at Rand Airport? What kind of operator? What is pay like? What fleet? Anything about the owner? What type of person is he? Any news/info would be greatly appreciated.

SAASFO
22nd Nov 2007, 18:58
Try this one: Sabian convinces an aircraft owner (to remain nameless) to paint the Sabian Air name on his aircraft and pay double the going rate for hangerage. Then charters out the owner's aircraft for a flight to some game farm. The pilot (Sabian's) leaves the aircraft parked on a slope for the day and the fuel valve in the on position. All the fuel flows into one wing. Pilot starts one engine but could not start the other and could not figure out why. Sabian flies out a Baron with an engineer to see why the engine won't start and to bring back the passengers. Realises that engine won't start because there is no fuel in the applicable wing. Sorts it out and flies the aircraft back to Rand.

Here's the best part: Charges the hapless owner for the Baron and the engineer's cost to fly out and recover the aircraft and also does not pay him for the flight to or from the game farm.

The owner naturally removed his aircraft from Sabian as fast as he possibly could.

So what was it you wanted to know about Sabian Air??

Jamex
23rd Nov 2007, 05:48
Thanks SAASFO. Was asking as I was approached by this company, of who'm I know nothing, to utilise my aircraft for charters. Any info is most welcome as I was considering it. Do you have any specifics, such as names I could contact? PM me by all means. The info will remain confidential.

Goffel
23rd Nov 2007, 06:56
Jamex.
Before you even think of putting your A/C out for them to use, pm me.

The guy is a down and out con artist.....yes, a CON ARTIST.

Ask all the guys still waiting for their salaries....always an excuse not to pay them.

They do not have their own operating cirtificate and are piggy backing off someone else's which is a very dubious way in how they got onto this AOC....(I do believe that there was some help by certain members from CAA, yes CAA).

The guy that owns Sabian air has a PPL, but is able to fly a B200 with 4 bars plastered on his shoulder and nothing gets done about it...(sorry, forgot to mention, that is with paying pax, but claims that it is Part 91).(Oh, forgot, CAA are tooooo busy with other things to do anything).

They do quotes for people, tell them to deposit the money into their account, then they tell the clients that they were under quoted, and must pay the rest in......Oh, but you cannot have back what you deposited if you dont like our new terms.

He bought a partnership in a B90 and then told the bank that he was the sole owner, got the A/C financed for 100%, never paid a cent back...(yes, I have seen the paperwork and the signatures, and can put you in touch with the legitte owners to varify this..Oh, and the bank as well).

Have you ever graced the skies and heard a Sabian call sign....how they ever got this right is a mystery....Oh I forgot.....they have some help.

And now there is a rumour, (A RUMOUR), that they are allowing a certain individual from CAA to open her Cabin Safety school from their premises at Rand...(Mmmmmmm, nudg nudge say no more)....(and what do the so called managers at CAA say to that....sweet Vokol...I wander why?????????.

Al you have to do is ask people at Rand about these guys and you will have all your questions answered.

But then go ahead and give them your aerie as this is only a rumor network.

Goffel by the sea.

barry700
23rd Nov 2007, 08:01
I was one of the poor people who got sucked in the info is true regards the no concern for the owners, and the conning of the people. BE WARNED STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!:{:=

pointer41
23rd Nov 2007, 08:08
I say name and shame the b@st@rd(s)!!! Aviation can really do without those unscrupulous leeches who can do nothing more than commit fraud and on top if it, wreck safety!:yuk::yuk::yuk::sad::sad::sad:

This is a forum to serve the aviation community, 99% of whom, I believe, are there to add value.

Fliterisk
23rd Nov 2007, 08:14
Heard he bought a bunch of Queen Airs, made them look like Kings (round windows etc)... got caught out, some clients unhappy....

The owner has lots of connections though.. in this business its not what you know but who. Not just in the CAA but "reputable" company's in SA - from banks to AMO's, charter co's... and and and.

Jamex
23rd Nov 2007, 11:10
JEEZ...Goffel(by the sea)!! These and the others are serious allegations and one needs to carefully check them out. Just had a call where someone else has told how he got burned by this guy and proceeded to tell me the exact scenario you just sketched. Cross-checking and verification works again! Thanks guys, this is what I needed to know but had actually hoped for positive info. Sabian paint a very convincing picture, even told me they have two part 135 and one part 121 license! Long story attached as to why they find it necessary to do business this way which is where the stall warning light started flickering, hence my post. When talking to the Sabian guy again I will be armed with the info and will certainly post his answers, if he has any! ANY further info please post or pm me.

Jamex
23rd Nov 2007, 11:46
I was at Sabian's hangar at Rand. Three Queen Airs (with round windows-thought at first they were Kingair 90's!) and one Kingair 90 in hangar all without interiors and various panels missing. No-one working on them at all and no tools or equipment in sight and, judging by the dust, no-one has touched them for some time. Also a Seneca without windscreens and a Baron airframe with foreign registration and no engines, avionics or interior. Wonder what hapless foreigner was taken there! The Seneca and QueenAirs as well as the Kingair were all in white with Sabian Air livery. The place looked unused with oil and dirt on the floor. Went into the offices which are very sparsely furnished and met a VERY good looking blonde who seems to be running the offices by herself. As I said before, I was told they have two Part 135's and one Part 121 and now she added they have scheduled routes too but declined to tell me where and when and there were no licences on display that I could see. Also, the door leading to the street ie. the front entrance, was locked from the outside giving the impression there is no-one there. I got access to the hangar from the airside as the main hangar doors are open. There was a brand new Merc S500, registration Sabian1, as well as a brand new Porsche in the hangar. Apparently there is also sometimes a very late model Ferrari(red-naturally) inside the hangar. Spoke to some people at Rand who told me these people have been known to sell three half-shares in various aircraft! There really does not seem to be anything going on there and the TCAS is now warning! My suggestion to myself and anyone else? Fly the TCAS and avoid this company!

dnk
23rd Nov 2007, 11:55
Did you get the blondes number?

jimmythegong
23rd Nov 2007, 13:28
And you thought Al Capone was bad?

CALCULATOR
23rd Nov 2007, 16:38
Have heard really scary info on these fly by nighters.Owner has a PPL and flies fare paying pax around.CAA have tried for months to close them down but to no success!
They DO NOT have there own license or operating certificate and YET they fly around on a Sabian air call sign-explain that one?
There are serious money problems re this company,they owe us a packet and one very very well known DE instructor has been taken for 50K by these :mad:.STAY AWAY!!!:*

SAASFO
23rd Nov 2007, 18:45
Is the DE CPC? I know they owe the airport over R150,000. But some really beautiful young ladies working there, so he has obviously done at least one thing right!

What's the connection with Jimmy G and son??

madherb
24th Nov 2007, 06:42
CAA have tried for months to close them down but to no success!Anyone at CAA drive a red Ferrari??? :E

Or maybe the examples of female pulchritude in Sabian's employ are suitably friendly to the CAA when required............... :mad:

barry700
25th Nov 2007, 14:39
I have heard a year and a half ago Jimmy G sold his three queen airs to Allan Selkon To date he has not received his money, So yes he does have a involvment. But what is going on in the industry when a person does not pay his debt. Is this the same case as the R150 000 BEING RIPPED???

barry700
25th Nov 2007, 16:12
The man has the morals of an amoeba!(Apologies to the good amoebas out there) If you want to hear some interesting stories, try talking to the panelbeating fraternity. I suspect he will never be able to go back there again.There are a number of people that are very pissed of with him in the aviation industry for his lack of morals. (Names and numbers available.) He has a long list of creditors that he refuses to,or cannot pay.If you want to lose money, on the other hand, this is the right peron to deal with!
Good luck to you...........

barry700
25th Nov 2007, 16:20
I think this guy is great for the aviation industry, pity we do not have more out going hard working and industrious persons in the game:D

Flatdog
25th Nov 2007, 16:39
I wouldn't touch Sabian Air with a barge pole and a health inspector stuck to the end of it! What a dreadful state of affairs.

FD

Jamex
25th Nov 2007, 18:41
Any info re the panelbeating fraternity and Alan Selkon? Any other industry he's screwed up?

ARENDIII
25th Nov 2007, 19:44
BEWARE! I may join CAA sometime and I WILL come after you.
Not a threat-I PROMISE!

Desperate Wannabe
26th Nov 2007, 08:02
CAA have tried for months to close them down but to no success! Anyone at CAA drive a red Ferrari??? :E

Yep, pretty close, CAA have not been trying to shut him down at all, he has a few minions in the Dept in his back pocket, as has quite correctly been mentioned, smoothing his way through.
I was present in company when he was loading fare paying passengers into the King Air that he flew down as PIC with 4 bars pasted on his shoulders, with his PPL licence, the call was made to a certain Part 135 inspector to get his butt out to Rand and stop the fiasco before it departed, his reply; "Ah, it's been such a long week, I don't have the energy right now, I will be there to confront him when he returns on Monday"
He was duely told, that should anything happen to the flight, we would hold him personaly responsible, to which he said OK he would call us back in 5 min, well still waiting for the call, and his phone was swiched off the rest of the weekend.
This corupt thieving ba:mad:ard is not alone on the take.:ugh::ugh:

MatchstickPilot
26th Nov 2007, 12:43
The licence they piggyback on does have Part121 and Part135. I however don't want to mention names. :oh: It is always nice to hear both sides of the story and then the truth. How about it Sabian Air? Give us your side of these allegations.

I also heard from the engineer that worked on a certain Seneca mentioned (with fuel problems) that the fuel cross-feed had its plumbing back to front, so when the pilot tried to cross-feed, it tried to do this from the empty tank. This seems to have been omitted in the original story. In this case, you certainly can't blame the pilot.

unstable load
26th Nov 2007, 16:36
BEWARE! I may join CAA sometime and I WILL come after you.
Not a threat-I PROMISE!

Well, judging by what I've read here you look like a perfect candidate.

Desperate Wannabe
26th Nov 2007, 17:24
Also a Seneca without windscreens

This is because it has a sherriff's attachment order pasted all over it:D

There was a brand new Merc S500, registration Sabian1
:=

This is the the level of deceit we are talking about, that is no S500 much less new, it is a facelift and badge job on a much lowlier and older model.:* FACT

madherb
26th Nov 2007, 17:40
it is a facelift and badge job on a much lowlier and older model.:*

Does this perhaps apply to the ladies as well?? (For 'badge' read "b@@b") :E

Desperate Wannabe
26th Nov 2007, 18:16
Madherb:D:D:D:D, sharp as a tack, that is affirm, you hit the nail on the head. They didn't always look like that.

Biggles of Africa
27th Nov 2007, 05:14
This is like from a movie, it is hard to believe that someone can operate so far outside the law and not be brought to book, that is why there are checks and balances, surely?
I think there must be another side to the story, C.A.A would never allow this, that is what they are there for.

Shockwave Sam
27th Nov 2007, 06:02
Well CAA-UK or FAA would'nt allow it but not so sure about the SA CAA!!

LJP
27th Nov 2007, 07:41
There never were modification applications made to CAA for the round windows. Reskinning the left and right sides of the aerie does not constitute structural work according to the Sabian powers that be

Swedish Old Man
27th Nov 2007, 09:33
Madherb,

Too bad your girlfriend hasn't got ones like hers! Aren't you jealous??:eek:

Swedish Old Man

JetPark
27th Nov 2007, 09:41
Oh, so things are finally catching up with this so-called operation. What a bunch of :mad: they are. I had some minor dealings with them - jokers of note and to be avoided.

Certainly cash only! Short arms and deep pockets!:rolleyes:

Swedish Old Man
27th Nov 2007, 11:03
Well, I have flown for Sabian Air for quite some time now and I can tell you that they always pay me upfront for every flight. I dont even have to ask!! At the moment, this is the best cmpany I have ever worked for. I am of the beleif that some of you have nothing better to do than to badmouth this company. You should be ashemed!

Desperate Wannabe
27th Nov 2007, 11:23
Not going to take that bait, :ok:

Captain Perelli
27th Nov 2007, 11:49
Al capone is MILD in comparison to you!

Have you attached any circuit breakers to HOBBS meters lately?
Sold and "low time" aircraft as a result thereto?

People DIE because of you! You are a disgrace to the aviation industry.

Danmar
27th Nov 2007, 12:01
I can only agree with Captain Pereli... Thanks for :mad: me into buying one of your aircraft! I could help but hear you baosting on how you rolled the Sabian Piper Chieftain! Glad they canned you!

4HolerPoler
27th Nov 2007, 12:04
Oh, this is priceless - the deceit continues.....

For any of those who were wondering, our new joiner Swedish Old Man's registered email address is [email protected]

Oh, the ignorance of some!

4HP

AAL
27th Nov 2007, 12:10
Good one 4HP, even without the confirmation there could be no doubt. Probably the gentleman in question himself.

JetPark
27th Nov 2007, 12:25
:D the comment made by swedish old man was soooo obvious - in so far as origin of the writer is concerned - it is a laugh a minute.

FatFrank
27th Nov 2007, 12:35
"For any of those who were wondering, our new joiner Swedish Old Man's registered email address is http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?emailimage=fd65fd33dacb93d8f506b83edb6e2ee3

Oh, the ignorance of some!"

No way, what a t@sser, :yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk:

Well caught, you should play for England:ok:

4HolerPoler
27th Nov 2007, 12:50
Just for the record, both Captain Perelli as well as Danmar also work for Sabian.

Or, at least are registered with sabian.com email addresses.

:}

FatFrank
27th Nov 2007, 13:03
BUST :D:D:D

Definatly a spot for you in the Engalnd team :ok:

Alfred R
27th Nov 2007, 17:56
Five Pilots Get The Boot From Sabian Air.... Go On A Vandictive Vendetta.... Lets Let The Public Decide....truth Of Fiction?

Alfred R
27th Nov 2007, 18:08
Instructor, 1500 hours, phones Sabian and claims a "slight heavy landing" with a certgain Sabian Air Piper Seneca. Get airborne, notices ripples down the wing and the pilot door not closeing!

Relands the aircraft at the lodge.

Engineers report:

* Wing pulled away 1 inch from fuselage
* 6 bent wing spas
* fuselage structual damaged (hence door doesnt close)
* undercarriage hanging on by one bolt!

Nice pre-flight!

Repair cost to sabian Air R660 000-00 ("Slightly hard landing" hey??)

Desperate Wannabe
27th Nov 2007, 18:12
:= Ahhhm try five pilots that never got paid by Sabian Air, and were lambasted when they confronted the owner about the leagality of the operation and the AOC.

Ho Hum another Sabian sign up :rolleyes:

Alfred R
27th Nov 2007, 18:12
The Badger totally TOASTS a 200 hour left hand King Air engine only six months after the "slightly hard landing" of the Seneca.

Cost to company R1 300 000-00! I wonder why this "Badger" no longer has a contract with Sabian???

A definate candidate for any airline wishing to go into bankcrupcy!

madherb
27th Nov 2007, 18:16
Too bad your girlfriend hasn't got ones like hers! Aren't you jealous??:eek:

More than a handful is wasted...........:E

Alfred R
27th Nov 2007, 18:18
your name says it all!

The very pilot BAND from a lodge due to SEXUAL HARRASSMENT of two woman (witnesses were present)

The same WANNABEE flies a Baron through a fence. Cost to Sabian Air R380 000-00!

One wonders why your were X'ed??

Alfred R
27th Nov 2007, 18:26
The very individual (who represented Sabian Air) who was BAND from an esteemed lodge.

Claim was S*xual harrassment towards two guests of the lodge in their villa without any form of invite!

To date this wanabee is still band from this lodge....

Proof available in writing!!

Alfred R
27th Nov 2007, 18:31
Flies a Baron through a fence at Tiffindales!

COST TO SABIAN AIR R380 000-00.

18 months later, lands a certain sabian Air Queen Air at Mkuze. Nose wheel calpases. He claims it to be an "electrcal failure" and "fault with the manual gear extention system"

Engineers report:

* Its hepls if you switch the generator on during flight.
* When lowering the gear manually, pump the gear to the full locked position.
* Gear was three cycles away from the full locked position hence, nose wheel collapsed

Cost to Sabian Air R1 500 000-00!

Alfred R
27th Nov 2007, 18:36
Instrucor, "low time pilot" with more than 1500 hours and ATP behind his belt....

Flies a Baron all the way back from a lodge. On landing engineer asks " Whats a branch doing 8 inches imbedded into the wing??"

Pilot answers, "What branch?"

One must ask the question...how intellegent is an ATP???

Same pilot visists lodge and has a good time with Neo, the company air hostess. Pilot's alchol bill was in excess of R5 600-00.

EXPLAIN THAT ONE!!??

Alfred R
27th Nov 2007, 18:40
Flies piper Seneca II from Wonderboom to Rand Airport.

Claims to be type rate converted... SURE! Pilot was converted on a Seneca (I) not a Seneca (II)

Instructor writes affidavit to such.

Makes you wonder why YOUR contract was terminated???

Alfred R
27th Nov 2007, 18:44
Rolls Sabian Air Chieftain.

No question an incredibly talented pilot, but beleives that a Chieftain is a Pitts Special! Rolls aircraft breaking every CAA rule. believes that the aircraft limitations to be hogwash. After all, "chieftains can fly inverted..."

breydie
27th Nov 2007, 19:01
I would just like to briefly inform every 1 that i am currently imployed by SABIAN AIR and have recieved my salary as promised to me every month!!!!:ok:

I have had noooooooooo probs what so :ok:eva from the company!!!!!!

Obviously every company has there ups and downs and it was Sabians chance.......

they are pulling through and i promise u that before you know it they will be up in full steam!!!:ok:

Everybody must just stop talking KAK about other Companys!!!!!!!!!!it just makes it a bit more tuff 4 the bad mouthed company....:=

Try and focus on the posative things in live not just on the bad!!
its very easy to bad mouth sum1 but to say even 1 good thing about any person or company is a milion times more diffclt:sad:

Sooooo please think twise before u guys post stuff.....:):):)

Alfred R
27th Nov 2007, 19:11
I am led to beleive that the aforementioned pilots were on a contract basis with SABIAN and not employment.....

As a result of their misconduct, their contracts (I believe) were handed to the attorney for further notification.

I would DARE any pilot to provide proof of "non payment" ....

Desperate Wannabe
27th Nov 2007, 19:13
Desperate Wanabee...

The very individual (who represented Sabian Air) who was BAND from an esteemed lodge.

Claim was S*xual harrassment towards two guests of the lodge in their villa without any form of invite!

To date this wanabee is still band from this lodge....

Proof available in writing!!

Desperate Wannabe . . . .
Flies a Baron through a fence at Tiffindales!

COST TO SABIAN AIR R380 000-00.

18 months later, lands a certain sabian Air Queen Air at Mkuze. Nose wheel calpases. He claims it to be an "electrcal failure" and "fault with the manual gear extention system"

Engineers report:

* Its hepls if you switch the generator on during flight.
* When lowering the gear manually, pump the gear to the full locked position.
* Gear was three cycles away from the full locked position hence, nose wheel collapsed

Cost to Sabian Air R1 500 000-00!

:= Now I would be very careful of accusing people of things they never did, there is a distinct ddifference between facts and wild accusations against someone, as it is I think you have enough law suits coming your way pretty soon, I have never even worked for Sabian, now play nice oh and spare yourself a shred of dignity and at least get someone to teach you how the spell check function works.

In all of your 5 posts, I have not once seen you defend any of the so called slander against Sabian, rather just mud slinging at the pilots who had the misfortune of working there.
This is a grown up forum, not a place to hurl abuse at others.

The Badger totally TOASTS a 200 hour left hand King Air engine only six months after the "slightly hard landing" of the Seneca.

Cost to company R1 300 000-00! I wonder why this "Badger" no longer has a contract with Sabian???

A definate candidate for any airline wishing to go into bankcrupcy!

Instructor, 1500 hours, phones Sabian and claims a "slight heavy landing" with a certgain Sabian Air Piper Seneca. Get airborne, notices ripples down the wing and the pilot door not closeing!

Relands the aircraft at the lodge.

Engineers report:

* Wing pulled away 1 inch from fuselage
* 6 bent wing spas
* fuselage structual damaged (hence door doesnt close)
* undercarriage hanging on by one bolt!

Nice pre-flight!

Repair cost to sabian Air R660 000-00 ("Slightly hard landing" hey??)

What, and no insurance claim, or operating an air charter operation without insurance.............

Alfred R
27th Nov 2007, 19:28
both sides are equally correct, it just depends on which angle one views it from...

Vendictive and malicious behavior serves of no purpose. My suggestion to the five pilots who are no longer contracted to Sabian Air:

USE YOU TIME TO FURTHER YOUR CAREER RATHER THAN ENTERTAINING BULLS*#T AND TRYING TO FABRICATE STORIES.

YOU ARE THE VERY REASON WHY PILOTS DO NOT GET THE RECOGNITION THEY DESERVE AS YOU ACT LIKE COMMON HOUSEWIVES WITH NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN GOSSIP YOUR CAREERS AWAY....

Jamex
27th Nov 2007, 20:22
TO THE SABIAN AIR CROWD

None of us are nearly as stupid as you seem to think! I asked for info before placing an aircraft at your disposal and some long-time ppruners have given me every reason not to trust you and to have nothing to do with you at all. I have spoken to "Jimmy the Gong" and he has told me even more scary stories of you including you sending heavies around to people who were demanding payment for services they had already rendered to you. Also a list to long to publish of just some of your dealings which I obtained from a source who was previously close to you. Too late if you now want to stop the spreading of this list. I have it and the proof. Desperate Wannabee I know did not work for you and has never worked for you, so your "sexual harrasment" charge holds no water whatsoever. It is just typical of the depths you are prepared to plumb to get your way! Spoke to the Engen guys at Rand today. Seems Sabian and yourself cannot get fuel. The guys tell me you are now filling up on some-one else's credit card. I confirmed it is not Sabian or Selkon on this credit card. Probably a stolen card? Or are you scamming someone else now? What about your Seneca that was denied start-up by the tower today and instructed to query why it was grounded at airport management? I heard this over the radio myself but no doubt I am a liar too or my ears deceive me? Whatever. Then I noticed your hangar has been locked back and front the whole day with all the aircraft inside. Noticed a car, registered as Sabian3, drove up on airside of hangar and side door was opened from inside by a youngish guy. Little later both these individuals left with two cars. After 17H00 noticed your Sabian1 registered Merc standing at Engen, young guy paying for fuel and Kingair 200 standing outside the now open hangar with rudder flapping in the wind. Noticed Baron, Seneca and Chieftain standing inside hangar. Apparently bank wants to re-possess the Baron for non-payment and the Seneca has already been attached by the sheriff of the court. Got these details from the sheriff and from the bank, but no doubt their perspective is also wrong and you have done nothing wrong? Please stop insulting the intelligence of everyone on pprune by posting the drivel you have been posting. You have fooled no-one! The intelligent thing would've been to come to re-payment arrangements with those you owe instead of the route you have chosen to follow. As for the people still working for you, stick around long enough and you are sure to get burned. Seems there are now two types of people concerned, those who have been burned by Sabian and those who are still going to be burned by Sabian.

Jamex
27th Nov 2007, 20:48
In case I get called a liar by Sabian&Co, the following is the link with a recording between Rand ATC and the Seneca pilot this morning where Sabian find out they cannot depart Rand.

http://archive-server.liveatc.net/fagm/FAGM-Nov-27-2007-0700Z.mp3

Also, when Sabian are using a PPL (Silkon) with four bars on his shirt to fly paying pax around then CAA had better step in! This same PPL is also as blind as a bat so wonder how he passes his PPL medical? Plenty more people coming forward who PM me even more details of this shady character!

FatFrank
28th Nov 2007, 04:04
This is getting ugly, I am out of here :*:*:*

Fliterisk
28th Nov 2007, 10:07
Where there is smoke there is fire, and while some of the comments posted here seem like low blows... that would only hold true if they were false... surely?

Question though... (not mongering :hmm:)... didnt NAC do the conversion from square windows to round? Surely THEY would have gotten approval for the mods?

Vlamgat
28th Nov 2007, 11:30
Hi There Guys!

I feel sorry for all the people that have not been paid, and for all the nonsense going on. However I can assure all that all flights conducted at this stage are legal flights, they are flown under Part 135 with experienced crews under an AOC. All aircraft are attached to this AOC and All legal documents are filed in the prescribed manner. The King Air 200 is now maintained by NAC. Fuel bills are all fully paid up, and all personnel are doing their darndest best to be professional at all levels.

I just wanted to clarify these facts to all as I fly for them on an Ad-hoc Basis and am a real stickler for Legalities.

I have been paid up to date for all flights that I have done for Sabian.

Aginnintonnixadaykeepsadoctaaway!!:oh:

phukibear
28th Nov 2007, 13:15
Owner is Std 8 grad, dyslexic, bi-polar and is on steroids. A combination of note! He has a fast fist and prefers to sort disputes out that way. His fiance (Std 6 graduate ex waitress) runs the show along with her father(who stole owners Porsche rims the other day and got a broken jaw as sentence), her mother who is also bi-polar and the son who is dyslexic and being trained by owner to fly.

Owner is a compulsive liar - listen carefully and you will pick them all up behind that arrogant sales pitch. Has ben disowned by almost entire family due to "dodgy" busines associates in past.

Little girls in company are showpieces - there for his ego (as is everything including the Ferrari and Porsche and mansion in Bassonia Estate). He needs these to compensate for lack of assets in pants!

Be careful of him.

Banber
28th Nov 2007, 17:53
its obvious that there is a personal vendetta against the owner of sabian air.

be this as it may, sabian air as a company has possibly re-defined aviation from the "scanky days of yesterday" when aircraft looked like CRAP, and i was ashamed to have my passengers travel in them, whereas today, sophistication and elegence now lead the way.

personal vendettas aside, be the rumours true or false, this guy knows what he's doing.

ARENDIII
28th Nov 2007, 18:12
You are so correct, unstable load. I am the perfect candidate! :)

Steven Swanburg
28th Nov 2007, 18:25
I worked alongside this man for 4 years and have been priveleged to his financials. This is one f*#cking wealthy individual!!! :D:D:D holds his cash close and a miser at that.

Court cases? you will never win one! I give him credit, he's fair, but one ruthless son of a b*#ch if you try to double cross him..... !!!!

Bribes? Never once.

Jamex
28th Nov 2007, 19:33
Suspicious number of probationary ppruner's all singing from the same sheet!:rolleyes: Anyone else notice the strange fact/similarity how they all seem to be unable to spell or use the spell-checker function and all reside somewhere on the East Rand? Having never worked for Selkon and refusing to have any dealings with him, I certainly do not have any vendetta against the man. Just dont like the way he seems to think he can crook others and operate outside of the law with impunity. But I guess we need not post anymore on this thread. Just sit back and watch him continue to sing his own praises!:}

Fliterisk
29th Nov 2007, 06:04
This thread has gotten particularly nasty and personal. While its one thing commenting from personal experience, and rumours, to categorically state that someone is bi-polar etc isnt right. Very few are firstly qualified to state this and secondly, maybe we all are depening on which way you look at it.

Another thing... to slate someone on the basis of education is mud slinging and ridiculous. I know of very wealthy succesful people who are not formally educated and really nice people. Perhaps we should stick to facts here, and personal experience rather than making cheap attempts to make someone sound as bad as possible... if I have a doctorate does it make me better than many others on this forum? (I dont by the way)...

complete stranger
29th Nov 2007, 06:15
Having come across this site and having had to agree to the forum's rules e.g. "lack of respect", "think before you post", "Do not make this a personal issue between you and another member", I wonder what has happened to the dignity of the "PROFESSIONAL" PILOTS SITE???? All the postings are nothing more than a personal vendetta against an individual.

Grow up guys - surely there are correct channels you can direct your grievances to? It is incomprehensible that this forum is allowed to be used to vilify an individual and as for PROFESSIONAL PILOTS - makes one wonder about the industry as a whole - scary to think that these individuals actually take our life in their hands when they fly us!

Matthew 7 vs 1 states "Judge not, that you be not judged, for with what judgement you judge, you will be judged and the measure you use it will be measured back to you".

It appears that Jamex started this vindictive vendetta for a specific purpose - enough is enough, stop the rot please.

Alfred R
29th Nov 2007, 06:16
I Did Some Research About The "attachment Order" On A Certain Sabian Air Piper Seneca............

I Saw All The Legal Documents.

The "attachment" Was Illegal And Had Nothing To Do With Sabian Air.

I Know That Sabian Air Is Reserving Their Rights To Proceed With Legal Action Against Rand Airport For Publically Transmitting The So Called "grounding" Of The Aircraft And Broadcasting This On Rand's Frequency.

Desperate Wannabe
29th Nov 2007, 06:32
Alfred R

Oh give it a rest......

The "attachment" Was Illegal And Had Nothing To Do With Sabian Air.

I personaly know the individual who had the Seneca attached for monies owing to him for work done on the Seneca that were never paid......you were saying?

I Know That Sabian Air Is Reserving Their Rights To Proceed With Legal Action Against Rand Airport For Publically Transmitting The So Called "grounding" Of The Aircraft And Broadcasting This On Rand's Frequency

It is called a R-A-D-I-O, that is how they operate, on a frequency, anyone on that frequency can hear the transmission, are they meant to call you on a special Sabian enctyped secure channel?

IBTL

WhinerLiner
29th Nov 2007, 06:37
At what point will the moderators step in and clean this appalling mess up?
This amounts to no more than low level slander. Pathetic.

The spel chek is the "ABC" wiff the tik unda on the top rite. Give it a try sometime lads.

Steven Swanburg
29th Nov 2007, 07:07
You boys are all being so petty and outright childish!

I totally agree with "complete stranger" : I cant beleive you are the very "pilots" (you are better gossipers) that people intrust their lives with!

Dont you guys have anything better to do? (Oh, I remember, you all think you know so much...... why dont you get your facts straight before you make idiots of yourselves? :ugh:oh, sorry, you are already, so what the hell!!??

putt for dough
29th Nov 2007, 07:33
IMHO I see nothing wrong with this thread.
The company has been named and shamed and some people
who seem to be in the "know," have just been kind enough
to warn us all in dealing with this company. Well done :D
Secondly it seems that most of the praisers for this company
are from the probationary type, coincedence, who knows?
But it does seem that Mr Sabian needs to speak up and explain himself :ouch:

MatchstickPilot
29th Nov 2007, 08:04
It is called a R-A-D-I-O, that is how they operate, on a frequency, anyone on that frequency can hear the transmission, are they meant to call you on a special Sabian enctyped secure channel?

You can confirm with ATC that it is illegal to hold an aircraft back from a flight unless the sheriff has handed the ATSU the attachment order. This apparently did not happen in this case. (I confirmed with with an area controller)

This is my last post, as I am ashamed to be classed as a "professinal pilot" and be associated with the people on this forum. I have not taken sides in this argument but have noticed that anyone not conforming to the "BAD MOUTH" clan, get slated.

Ashamed pilot signing off!

Commander 690
29th Nov 2007, 10:52
Is there any truth to the rumour that Sabian air have now bought Nel Air???

Biggles of Africa
29th Nov 2007, 12:38
Is there any truth to the rumour that Sabian air have now bought Nel Air???

:D:D:D:D:D:D
No Sir.

Commander 690
29th Nov 2007, 13:49
Hey mate its just a :mad: Question

Biggles of Africa
29th Nov 2007, 18:19
Sorry Commander 690, it was not aimed at you in any way, it is just so hilarious how the bullsh*t is endlessly forthcoming, last time I heard, he was spinning yarns about how he and his big mate Richard (Branson) were going into a venture together, and they were going to fly 747's all over the place.
I know he did call Pine to discuss bussiness, but when Pine did a bit of checking, well thats as far as it got.
No disrespect intended towards you.:ok:

Commander 690
30th Nov 2007, 04:45
No Prob, I heard that nelair were in trouble and saw one of sabian's Barons parked outside the nelair hanger @fala

Goffel
30th Nov 2007, 05:16
I do not agree about the personal education bashing, but I think that when some people have been shafted so far up the naught, they lose the plot and post.

For all those that are protecting Sabian, spare a thought for Pietermaritzburg Aero club..

This idiot sent down a couple of aircrafton a charter, filled them all up, paid with a cheque, AND GEUSS WHAT....IT BOUNCED.

Yes, I know there must surely be an explanation as to why they cannot settle the account with the Aero club, but remember, it was not yesterday that this happened, so the excuse goes out the window.

SO BESIDES THE PREVIOUS PILOTS NOT BEING PAID, NOR HAS PMB AERO CLUB BEEN PAID....AND THAT WAS OF TWO DAYS AGO.

Goffe.

complete stranger
30th Nov 2007, 05:58
Quote from Benjamin Franklin:

"I will speak ill of no man even in the matter of truth but rather excuse the faults I hear and upon proper occasions, speak all the good I know of everybody".

Give it a break guys, this is so demeaning of a "PROFESSIONAL PILOTS" forum. :O

pointer41
30th Nov 2007, 07:56
Complete Stranger (are you to Sabian?), I do not agree with the personal attacks on anybody. However, it seems more and more as if a number of people and organisations have been hurt through unscrupulous dealings with a certain individual.

I do not think aviation can afford the likes of such person(s), who will gain the trust of well meaning people, wanting to experience the joys of flying, only to have that trust broken, in some cases, in the worst possible way. It gives aviation a bad name and tarnishes the safe and professional image that most of us are working very hard on.

Thus, I think it prudent for such (:mad:) individuals to be exposed on this forum, both that they can learn that in today's day and age it will not be tolerated, as well as to warn others to stay away. If they are truly innocent, enough people (real ones) will come to the fore to vouch for them. And using biblical quotes? I would be careful as to my intentions and sincerity with that.

PPRuNe Towers
30th Nov 2007, 10:35
We are watching carefully guys and we're perfectly happy with the greater good argument.

Additionally the sudden influx of pro Sabian signups, posting with a technical naivety which makes us gasp here at the Towers, firmly puts them out of play as anything other than a solo glove puppet.

Step forward Alfred R, Steven Swanburg and Banber. Please have a chat with a bright 9 year old and ask them to explain why you are making complete prats of yourself, singular.

Rob

complete stranger
30th Nov 2007, 10:37
No connection with the aviation fraternity - happened by chance on this site and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to establish that this a personal vendetta, that is why I suggested the aggrieved parties go through the correct channels - let justice be done the correct way instead of airing their dirty washing through a site that could be misused and abused. The vicious postings may have the desired effect against the individual concerned, but at the same time it also drags the Professional Pilots name through the mud as it appears that they have sunk to the same level. I have always had the highest regard for Pilots as a whole but this forum has made me wonder. If and when I fly, I use regular flights but the vindictiveness on this site has shocked me and makes me question the integrity of "Professional Pilots".
The biblical scripture was sincere and written with all good intention. Other people may say "what goes around, comes around" or "what you sow, you reap" - that applies to all parties whoever they may be.

As one guy put it, this is ugly and I will not be party to any more postings.

Fliterisk
30th Nov 2007, 10:49
Ok... I'll take the bait here...

In light of the Pprune comment with respect to S Swanburg... and considering that this post is from Sabian, how should the following comment be viewed from Swanburg?

"Court cases? you will never win one! I give him credit, he's fair, but one ruthless son of a b*#ch if you try to double cross him..... !!!!"

This thread has taken a turn for the worse... :sad::sad::oh::oh:

Jamex
1st Dec 2007, 18:51
Complete stranger said
No connection with the aviation fraternity - happened by chance on this site and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to establish that this a personal vendetta,

Great, you ask a question only to be accused by a complete stranger that you are trying to get a personal vendetta going against somebody!:ugh: Note however that he is not to concerned by the overwhelmingly large number of negative reports about this operator. Instead he seems to want to shield him. A bit of Stockholm Syndrome maybe?

Commander 690
7th Dec 2007, 05:11
Any news on the Charter company Sabian "Bought"

Jamex
7th Dec 2007, 13:44
Any news on the Charter company Sabian "Bought"

New one for me! Any idea who they were/are?

Nickerbal
11th Dec 2007, 12:02
The one sad aspect of this entire thread is the b:mad:t inability of SACAA to firmly put a stop to such unscrupulous people.

We are actually talking human life here when 4 Bar PPL’s fly aircraft for hire & reward, can anyone maybe get a photo of this Charming 4 Bar PPL and post it here so that all can see it for what it is.

The media being so obsessed with aviation could actually make a good story out of this for a change and entertain the whole country and not just the aviation fraternity.

Goffel
11th Dec 2007, 14:01
Nickerbal.

It is so easy to sit back and bitch about CAA and them not doing anything about this Slime-ball.

It is so easy to chirp, (not getting at you), that this 4 bar PPL is doing PRIVATE flights with PAYING PAX.

It is also very easy to say that he is not filling in the flight folio's of the hours flown.

So easy to chirp about many things.

BUT.....before CAA can act, they also need avidavidts from witnesses to these so called allegations.

I have heard from some of the so called hero's of this particular site about how this Slime-ball is transgressing the law, and when they are asked to put pen to paper, all you get is promises of loooooooong letters....more like looooong stories of hot air.......STILL WAITING FOR THESE LETTERS.

Then I have heard stories of how ALL the CAA inspectors are in this Slim-ball's pocket.....VERY STRONG WORDS...but never a written complaint....Oh many verbal chirps, but never facts.

There is no ways any one is going to act on a whim, but rather on a written complaint, as should this be a personal vandetta, and the facts are hogwash, then at least CAA are in the legal clear....I am sure all you boffins out there understand that one.

Sure, there are facts, but about cheques bouncing.....a civil matter, not a CAA matter.

So for some of the hero's out there, should you see this guy flying and you have the proof that they are/were fare paying passangers on board, get all the facts, write a formal complaint and channel it the right way so that CAA can nail this Slimeball....

Dont just sit on the fence and throw stones, as then you are just as guilty as him.....WRITE A LETTER...TALK IS CHEAP.

Oh, and make sure your own back door is clean.

Goffel ..:=

Solid Rust Twotter
12th Dec 2007, 04:58
CAHRS. Worth a shot if it really bites your biscuit that much.

Jamex
14th Dec 2007, 16:35
Biggles of Africa
Flight Planning
http://www.avcom.co.za/phpBB2/images/avatars/gallery/Comic_Series/173.gif

Posted: 2007 Post subject: Warning to potential charter clients http://www.avcom.co.za/phpBB2/templates/subSilver/images/icon_minipost_new.gif (http://www.avcom.co.za/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=355530#355530)I would just like to warn everyone who may be a potential charter client to be sure they are using a reputable company.
My company are chartering aircraft for our annual get away for our sales conference coming up in January, it transpired that they were in negotiations with Sabian Air to do the charter.
After the whole Sabian Air debate on Avcom, which I followed with sheer amazment, I hurriedly brought the directors attention to the thread, after which all negotiations were shelved until further investigation.
The findings are as follows, Sabian Air do not own and never have owned thier own charter licence, they apparently piggy back on another company's licence, this company was "Fair Aviation" based at Lanseria.
A few calls to the owner revealed that he had removed Sabian Air from his licence due to non-compliances on Sabian Air's part. This before our company approached them with our charter needs, and at no time was this ever mentioned, I wonder why, had I not been an avid follower of Avcom, we would have been none the wiser and would have had our company flying with a totaly illegal operation, should anything have happened, we would have had no recourse.
Thank you Avcom
Please be very careful if your company or family are flying on chartered flight these holidays, Sabian Air continues to operate without any form of charter licence, and all thier flights are totally illegal.

We have sinced approached an old and established operator at Lanseria, and the contrast in service is like day and night.

This again posted on "that other forum". Was started as a new thread. Also, I was at Rand yesterday and noticed two signs attached to the Sabian Air hangar. These signs were in red on a white background and informing all and sundry that hangar 2 at Rand is Sabian Air's storage depot only. These signs were apparently necessary as CAA walked into the hangar two days ago and caught some unlicensed "engineers" working on aircraft without an AMO license neither! The plot thickens!

camanel
20th Dec 2007, 11:44
The supposed illegal operation of Sabian Air is nothing but disinformation.

Aircraft owners do not have to own there own AOC and the fact that Fair Aviation operates the Sabian Air aircraft fleet is fully legal.

I had a chat with Clint from Fair Aviation, who confirms that Sabian air is current with there AOC and this may be confirmed by the CAA.

I subsequently did this my self and guess what?
Sabian Air is fully legal.
:)

JetPark
20th Dec 2007, 12:22
If only they would pay their bills :{

Paulier
20th Dec 2007, 12:32
Camanel,

To bring Fair aviation into this discussion is an interesting angle...

If Sabian are HYPOTHETICALLY operating illegally in some instances, then would their illegal operation apply to Fair - since they are in effect bound by ther terms of their license? In other words Sabian may run the risk of jeapordising the whole of Fairs operation.

If this is the case, your argument would carry some weight if Fair came out and said that they were satisfied that Sabian are operating in accordance to the law and that they had done due dilligence on Sabian Air. Wouldnt it be nice if Fair did this to put an end to this speculation?

What would be particularly concerning, is that Fair in fact MAY know of some very worrying aspects of Sabians operation, and they know of transgressions and they have done nothing to sort this out. If they knew of transgressions and allowed this to continue, they would therefore be accomplices. Am I right?:uhoh:

To merely state that a company is operating legally because they are operating under someones license does nothing. In fact it may only bring in an accomplice to the fact...

AirwayBlocker
20th Dec 2007, 19:41
I don't think I've ever seen as many probationary PPruners post their first posts on a single thread as I have on this one.

Astounding!

FatFrank
21st Dec 2007, 05:59
AirwayBlocker

Makes you (th)/(dr)ink does it not? :ok:

So easy to add a "location". If they run out they can call me, I have some ideas. Pofadder/Skilpadskraal/Tweebuffelsmeteenskootdoodgeskeithetfontien etc.

Goffel
21st Dec 2007, 07:36
Here is the cherry on the top.

Their general manager, who has been instrumental in shafting all the pilots, the general public and anyone else who was around, got shafted up the naught by the very hand that fed him.

He got into an argument with his lustrious boss, (and wait for it), his very own daughter who, by the GM's own words, is sleeping with the boss whilst the boss's wife is sick at home.:ugh:....then got clobbered by his own son, who is getting (from the GM's own mouth), steriods from the boss.....talk about "Days of our lives".

Now the GM has not been paid for two months...(what goes around comes around).

Also Fair aviation is/has taken Sabian off their AOC, (cannot comfirm that at the mo), as they are not happy with all the bullsh1t going around....especially as Fair aviation got a bill from Lanseria regarding Sabian, which Sabian now refuses to pay in cash as they only have a cheque book.

So ja well no fine...........I suppose we are going to have another 10 probationary prunes with a zillion things to say.

Oh and I believe the Ferrari was repossed as was a couple of other things.

Goffel...lying like a beached whale on the beach.

FatFrank
21st Dec 2007, 07:52
Hey Jamex

Dont take it to heart. Have a look at the date of the first post and the date "Complete Stranger" joined. Coincidence? I think not.

phukibear
21st Dec 2007, 12:17
I told this story a couple of weeks ago - fight was about GM stealing Porsche rims - yes daughter has been sleeping with owner for about two years between his on off relationships with several other unfortunate victims. GM 17yr old son is supplied roids by owner. GM wife sponsored bi polar meds by owner. Now before anyone talks about slandering and accusations and medical prognosis etc - THE OWNER IS BI POLAR, ON STEROIDS, AND IS DYSLEXIC. These are facts -heard it straight from the horses mouth! Another thing - check him out when he answers his phone - he has to hold the phone right at his nose to see the display-he really is as blind as a bat. Wife (ex?) is at home with MS.

Goffel
7th Jan 2008, 17:25
:cool:
Oh yes, another one for the books.

Sabian to sue Goffel because he dared to speak out against this law abiding citizen.

How was I to know that this guy is actually a law abiding citizen who pays a percentage of his earning to the under-privalliged.

All you guys out there, this poor guy has seen his erronous ways and repented.

So pleeeeeese dont slander the pooooooor guy.

Well this is going to be a court case of laughs.:ugh:

Goffel:}

Jamex
7th Jan 2008, 18:34
Goffel dont worry. He claims to never have lost a court case. Ask him about his ex-secretary. ;) Anyway, he's trying to get hold of me too. Now I'm really worried:} If you need any info to help you in this regard I know where to get it. Everything posted about our "boytjie" is true and can be verified so let him prove otherwise.

Also heard Sabian and Nelair have joined forces. This should be interesting.

Desperate Wannabe
8th Jan 2008, 15:15
camanel
I had a chat with Clint from Fair Aviation, who confirms that Sabian air is current with there AOC and this may be confirmed by the CAA.

I subsequently did this my self and guess what?
Sabian Air is fully legal.

Total horsesh*t, had a chat to F B from Fair Aviation, and a chat to CAA, Sabian has been turfed off Fair Aviations licence since over a month ago, and Nel have have been declared insolvent, thus no more AOC, yet the Sabian call signs are in and out of Rand with wild abandon......on whose licence??

Oh, and please try and spare the very minute shred of dignity you have illusions of still having and don't get one of your little minions to post under yet another name to refute the facts.
It's a given that you cannot do it yourself, as everyone knows you could not see a bus at 2 yards let alone read the type on a computer screen.
Why not register and defend yourself under your own, real name...no balls, must be the 'roids.

Jamex
8th Jan 2008, 17:37
Also heard Nelair Charter had been liquidated. I still fail to see what the rest of Nelair can gain by this "merger". Only thing is, going on past performance Selkon intends making Pine his scapegoat for all his wrongdoings when his house of cards comes tumbling down. Anyone not believe this speak to his former PA and see how he shafted her. Pine, some friendly advice, you dont need this association. You have nothing to gain and a lot to lose here. If this guy is the answer then the question was really stupid!

phukibear
9th Jan 2008, 05:05
What happened with the previous PA - this is not the Marshall girl is it? This is one story DON'T know!

Desperate Wannabe
9th Jan 2008, 06:11
What happened with the previous PA

Screwed her over for half a bar, and damn near left her as a singlemother with 2 kids homeless, then fired her.
CCMA ruled in her favor and he had to fork out 90K to her, so much for never loosing a court case.
pity he is still 400k up on her.

Jamex
9th Jan 2008, 06:12
Previous PA is not the Marshall girl. Seems this unfortunate lady was taken by Selkon for R500,000 which she loaned him. Was never repaid and was fired by said "gentleman" and then accused of absconding with company funds and arrested! This was when he could not pay his pilots their salaries and assured them instead that she had stolen their money!Ultimately won her court case against him and he was supposed to pay her back, according to the court order. Dont know if he has paid her back yet but the lady in question is in some pretty dire straights at the moment. And so the list of Selkon victims grow and these are all facts which can be proven, yet he still claims to be "a man of integrity!" Anyone else care to be taken? After all these are "only a lot of pilot rumours!"

Jamex
9th Jan 2008, 06:15
Let me state now that I have no idea who Desperate Wannabee is but his facts are right on the money each time. Strange how two people who really are "complete strangers" and are not probationary ppruners both have the same facts without any collusion!!

Commander 690
9th Jan 2008, 12:24
IMOH Sabian have the most to gain. Part 135 & 121 Certificates....

Pine Stay away

jimmythegong
23rd Mar 2008, 12:10
How dare the Rand airport management folk act so harshly against a pillar of the community by evicting him from their hangar for a paltry R400,000 or so which they allege he owes them in arrears for rentals and ancilliary costs? Have they no compassion?

flylowboy
23rd Mar 2008, 13:00
Who did they evict. Rand Airport has become the special domain of Highway H. Fuel price is stratopheric now ...possibly being the highest in the country...even higher than Lanseria !! Now that says something !

The bunch of demi-gods that run Rand did a great job, however they have been "in Power" too long and we need fresh blood & ideas to keep it the vibrant airfield that it has been. If no change it might also become a has been.

jimmythegong
23rd Mar 2008, 13:56
I do believe it was Sabian air hangar 2

Desperate Wannabe
23rd Mar 2008, 14:51
I believe it is Sabian Air, and it seems as if Skyclass have offered him refuge in Hangar 4, now, I may be missing something here, but how does one offer hangar rental to a company that has just been liquidated and evicted by Rand Airport Managment for 400K arrears owed.....:ugh:

Rand managment can't be too happy about that :=
The mind boggles.

LJP
23rd Mar 2008, 18:20
It defies logic how any person at Rand could possibly offer this a$$hole a safe haven, considering his recent history in SA aviation.
Surely the blonde lady at Skyclass has more intelligence than this???

Brendan and boys, give the girl a heads up and throw the d:*:*s out of your hangar.

Malagant
24th Mar 2008, 19:09
:= He might think he is so tough, but there is always someone more ruthless and tougher..cross the wrong people and you end up dead on a bridge..think bout what I say carefully..

phukibear
27th Mar 2008, 13:38
I am not one who usually enjoys seeing others suffer - but this time I actually have to admit I am enjoying sitting back and seeing the lies unfold and Sabian fall apart.

I do feel sorry for that little son of his though - what an awful role model his father is!

sslut
27th Mar 2008, 18:13
Saw 3D NEB at FQVL today sporting a Sabian Tail logo, so they are still operating in the land of the lawless.

theBOSS
27th Mar 2008, 20:38
:ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok:

maxrated
31st Mar 2008, 08:33
With the exception of a websight called :mad:, I have seldom been so entertained as the past hours read of this thread.

I would like to buy the movie rights for this story. Loads of interesting dysfunctional characters. Sex ,lies,deceipt, fraud, incest and loads of gratuitous violence all intricately wound into an aviation context. Including a corrupt government agency in a third world country.

One could go for a Quinten Tarrantino meets Top Gun kind of genre'.

Hollywood scriptwriters could not have come up with a concept like this if they tried.

Waiting for the next exciting episode.......:ok:

phukibear
3rd Apr 2008, 07:19
Am just as anxious to get updates....what is happening that side? Is he married to Marshall girl now? Saw FirstRand had him in High Court last month - any news on the Sabian Decline??

jimmythegong
6th Apr 2008, 19:32
:D:D:D:D:D:D It would seem the chickens are finally coming home to roost! The long awaited, and rightly so, demise of "Der fuhrer" (Africa's answer to that whippersnapper, Branson) appears now to be imminent.With 90% of his fleet attached by various financial institutions as well as being grounded by the CAA, it seems that aviation may yet prove to be safe in our part of the world. Hope springs eternal!

Innocent Victim
21st May 2008, 07:51
I am new to Pprune. I am a friend of the "Marshall Girl" that WAS involved with this a**hole. She told me to read these threads so that I can understand what she went through, and I can only say that I am nothing less that SHOCKED!

Miss Marshall has been an innocent victim to this man for over 3 years of her life!!! She told me many stories that I thought could have been "made up," but after reading this, I totally beleive her! She is not a bad person, in fact, she is a really great girl! And she doesnt deserve what this :mad: put her through! She is young and beautiful at heart, she deserves much better!

No, she is not married to this D@@s (D@@s). She left him a long time ago. He is still married to his wife who has no clue of what is happening behind her back! What a shame! He apparently band Miss Marshall from speaking to his wife as she is aparently very ill???

All i can say is that this man doesn't deserve happiness after everything that he put so many people through. I am sure all of you "posters" have your own reasons to dislike this A**hole. I just dont know how he lives with himslef! I mean, the stories I hear are nothing less than REVOLTING!

I am not in the avitaion industry, and I know VERY LITTLE about aircraft, but all I know is that this man needs some serious kiss ass!!

Innocent Victim

Solid Rust Twotter
21st May 2008, 12:23
You want to kiss his donkey?

Takes all kinds I suppose...:E

Desperate Wannabe
21st May 2008, 17:12
"Tiny" Tim Marshall, Selkon's right hand minion, escorted off the Rand Airport grounds yesterday by none other than the airport manager himself. :D:D:D:D:D

JetPark
23rd May 2008, 07:02
I so hate being one of those people that say "I told you so" but it is really difficult not to do this when my gut feeling was (and proved to be) correct some 15 - 18 months ago on this lot. I long for the day when our industry is able to rid us of these types of operations before anyone gets hurt but I guess that's wishful thinking?

mcdonaldjmc
31st May 2008, 06:24
It is inconceivable that Miss Marshall and her friend GENUINELY believe that Miss Marshall is innocent. := In my humble opinion, anyone having an affair with a man KNOWING he is married hardly constitutes being innocent. :E Does Miss Marshall’s friend honestly believe she is blameless?? How naive! If I’m reading this thread correctly, the A**hole in question takes Miss Marshall (ex waitress) and her family, gives them all jobs and provides a better life for them. Father does not appreciate this opportunity (silly idiot) and steals Porsche rims from A**hole. What a bummer!!:sad:

Poor Miss Marshall endures over three years of being an innocent victim. :ouch: Why??? It’s beyond comprehension that an innocent victim can stay with a d**s for that long without some type of reward. :E Then when the going gets tough and judging by the postings on this site, he runs out of money, the poor innocent little victim up and dumps the d**s!!! :ESounds more like “when the money ran out scheming cookie dumps him”.:ok:

Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see that Miss Marshall stayed with him because of the MUNNY HUNNY!! (spelling intended). :confused: Poor innocent victim my ass. Everyone has a choice in life and you, Miss Marshall, chose to stay with this A**hole, knowing full well that a) He was married, b) You thought he had money c) You enjoyed the lifestyle you never had before. :E My advice to you is: deal with the problems you created yourself, get on with your life and don’t repeat your mistakes.

Oh, by the way, Miss Marshall’s friend, I think your final comment should have read “this man needs some serious KICK ass” not kiss ass!!!!!:O:O

Do the majority of posters on this site REALLY not know how to spell??????:O

mcdonaldjmc
31st May 2008, 07:01
Before all the Jimmythegongs, Desperate Wannabees, Jamex etc etc jump on the bandwagon because I'm a first timer adding my little piece - I'm just adding another movie line to the exciting stories I'm reading on this site.:)
Can I go in 50% with the movie???:ok: We'd make a fortune. :ok::ok:

maxrated
1st Jun 2008, 07:14
Great we'll go in 50/50 on the proceeds of the movie, we need to decide which Hollywood actors for the characters.

Work with me here, I'm thinking Sylvester Stallone to play 'Marshall' as they have similar intellectual capacities ??

Who can play the sectretary, we need someone who can portray a wanton moneygrabbing floozy, yet still come across with a quiet innocence ?

Whaddya Think ?

Desperate Wannabe
1st Jun 2008, 17:49
No jumping on anyone from this quater mcdonaldjmc, you speak as it is, LMBT ("The Marshal girl"), her father, brother and the whole gang are all tarred with the same brush, one happy den of thieves.
:D:D:D

mcdonaldjmc
2nd Jun 2008, 08:05
Good going so far - how about the "innocent victim" playing the secretary??? ;) She's had "over three years" experience, done a good job of it and best of all we wouldn't even have to write the script - she would know it off by heart! :ok: We'd just have to be careful that we wouldn't get shafted if we run out of the munny hunny.

Hang in there for more exciting characters!!!:ok:

Jamex
2nd Jun 2008, 08:40
No problems from me mcdonaldjmc. You are welcome to add your two cents worth to the Sabian saga. At least you call it the way it is and are not trying to cover for the d**s.(I beg your pardon, the Pillar of the Community:}!!)

Jamex
23rd Jul 2008, 10:17
Anyone have any further updates re Sabian, Selkon et al? I believe AS was trying to operate in Moz but seems he could not change his ways and owes everybody there for something or other and now may not operate in Moz. Also saw his Kingair 200 standing at Wonderboom with an attachment notice on it. Desperate or Jimmythegong, how about it?

Commander 690
23rd Jul 2008, 11:57
the Attachment is from Wesbank.

phukibear
5th Sep 2008, 08:49
Little Marshall girl apparently had a little wedding ceremony with AS...then did a pilot working for Sabian and ran away QUICKLY....VERY QUICKLY! Seem she was a bit too young a few years ago though and was accusing him of Statutory Rape.
This is really like something out of a really low low low low budget Hollywood movie. Pity the "star"'s assets wouldnt qualify him for the porn status!

Jamex
5th Nov 2008, 08:51
Is he REALLY divorced from his ACTUAL wife (who apparently suffers from MS) this time, or is he still acting true to his real form? I also heard he was in the UK or was that just to get his creditors off his back?

Just Somebody
5th Nov 2008, 09:35
He is definitly in South Africa. Have seen him and his "son" around. As far as i know he is still married - wether or not his wife knows about his philandering ways - i dont know.

piapito
5th Nov 2008, 11:51
Hey Suz!

As a total stranger and innocent bystander looking through the window on what's happening in this butcher's store!!, i would kindly advise you to use that god given thing called "common sense" and which ultimately sets us apart from the rest of the the animal kingdom and our primate relatives. Please read this thread again from A-Z and reconsider your doubt's wheather this guy is "really that bad". I am not crapping on you, just some advise. Stay clear and check things out. Would not like to read about your little story in this forum.

Good luck, and be smart please!!!!:ok:

MatchstickPilot
5th Nov 2008, 13:20
Maybe you should try his brother. He is registered as otherselkon. PM him as I heard he does not talk to Allan because of "unsavoury dealings".

Maybe he can give you more info, although I know he is pretty pissed off and does not like to talk about his :mad: brother.

jimmythegong
11th Nov 2008, 15:00
I'm only going to say this once. Take the advice that Bubba gave to Forrest Gump......."RUUUUUUNNNN!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

OtherSelkon
12th Nov 2008, 18:26
Yes I'm the brother.

This matter is in my past and I want to leave it there! Unlike JimmyTheGong :{, I want to get on with life and not dwell in the past. Nothing personal against JTG. I actually have always liked him.

PS. thanks to all those in aviation who helped me when the fit hit the shan, much appreciated.:ok:

Final post on this subject!!!! CASE CLOSED!!!

LITTLE_MISS_TANNIE
13th Nov 2008, 09:46
I agree with you silky:D. If you have been burned, you've been burned, there is nothing you can do about it now.
Do what 'otherselkon' has done MOVE ON! (as hard as it may be)
There are better things you can do with your time (granted i have been slightly entertained by the childishness of some of you)

The other M girl
22nd Nov 2008, 04:02
Right. I am the other Marshall girl in the background. I used to work as the booking agent for Sabian Air.

Now while some of these posts are hilarious I CAN CONFIRM THAT THE MAN IN QUESTION IS MOST DEFINITELY NOT THE TYPE OF PERSON TO BE DEALING WITH!

I could not work for Alan and I could not put up with him and all of his scandals. I am heartbroken that my family was lured into his net although my father and sister have seen the light and do not have anything to do with him.

I can't believe that all of this has been carrying on for two years and he has not been locked away! He MUST be a freak of nature! Yea, he must have the intellectual ability of a GENIUS!:8

Now I WONDER WHY he is no longer in the aviation industry!!!:p

I have many experiences that might entertain, although I am not one for low blows. I am just the other Marshall girl in the background.

Ai ai captain! ;-)

Wacky Zackie
2nd Dec 2008, 08:40
Ja, so we learn from our mistakes, but i hope for all of you that, that mistake does not get made twise. It's a pitty that your brother (Tim) is involved in this whole mess, but i'm sure he is all grown up know and can take care of himself. It's a good thing you got out when you did............. I just hope his new venture get's out sooner then later.:ugh::ugh:. I would also like to know how a guy like that gets away with everything, he can't be that good at being a bull****ter...... Is it true that you are hiding from him in fear of your life. You better take good care of yourself if that's the case, he seems like the person that does'nt leave loose ends hanging.:confused::confused:

phukibear
29th Dec 2008, 06:47
I have seen Alan at Northmead Square in Benoni with Tim - he drives him around as Alan cant see well enough to drive anymore - so Tim is still around - why wouldnt he be when he gets paid well enough to hang around..he has been sponsored his pilot training so far as well as steroids (although they nearly killed poor Tim one day) etc etc. I am shocked that he and his wife are not divorced as he happily dates anyone who falls for his bull**** - and had a sweet little ceremony with Megan (did she know he was still married?). Oh it is really like an episode on Jerry Springer....
The more I hear and the more I think back the more sense everything makes considering he has bi-polar. His personality reflects exactly the condition he has...read up on it.

Goffel
9th Jan 2009, 12:31
Porsche Boy.....sounds like a faggots name.

I see you have a lot to say about Alan Selkon........you have added a lot of other people's names in your above little tirade.

Did you ever bother to get their permission to put their names up for all to see, but you dont have the balls to put your own name.

Sure, Alan is a lot of things, but dont you think that it is time that we stuck to aviation matters and not vent your own little fury in some personal matter that you feel agrieved a year later.

Have some balls and go to him direct and put your case forward.

I must admit I am pretty amazed that the moderators have left the unsuspecting females names on the prune.

It is time they scrapped this post...Alan Selkon/Sabian Air is out of aviation.

All that is now happening is "probationary pruners" are venting their little tirades

Get a life.

Goffel.

WhinerLiner
9th Jan 2009, 13:32
Couldn't agree more.

This forum is for senseless/unfounded/factually incorrect slander about people still in aviation. Until Alan buys/steals something bigger than a kite this slander should be relegated to the Boksburg Times.

Agree the moderators should remove the names.

I.R.PIRATE
10th Jan 2009, 21:41
I think the thread should stay here, as a little reminder for the other scum still in the industry...:ouch:

phukibear
9th Feb 2009, 11:38
Nicola is clever enough to know that Alan cant help ANYONE with homework!
Merina fitted? He cant have sex!

jimmythegong
17th Feb 2009, 15:13
Anyone have any knowledge about the rumour that the now infamous Alan has left the country for fairer climes?(Financially, of course)

Commander 690
18th Feb 2009, 06:22
New Zealand or UK is what I have heard.

phukibear
18th Feb 2009, 06:58
He spoke about New Zealand often as his wife has family there....but as I mentioned I saw him late December in Benoni with Tim so it must have been a recent move.
What happened to the make-over studio he was supposed to be opening at Investec - I think he took deposits from some ladies beforehand to fund the opening???

mcdonaldjmc
18th Feb 2009, 11:39
I think everyone is barking up the wrong tree. I heard an unconfirmed rumour that he is in the States as he has family there as well.

Phukibear, how do you know so much about his family - just interested?

Just Somebody
20th Feb 2009, 07:45
He is in New Zealand. I dont know if his current girlfriend went with him. There was also another guy around. Not sure how he fits into the puzzle.

Just let it go!

Wacky Zackie
23rd Feb 2009, 10:29
Last i heard he was in New Zealand, and the new girlfriend is back after i think it was 5 days or something stupid like that.:ugh::ugh:Well if she had read this forum she would have known going with him would be a big mistake:=. Hopefully she has learned the hard way. "Like all of us had to." The rumour is he left his wife and kid behind, it sounds like he is running away.........why leave your wife and child behind. He is just one big joke. Allen if you ever manage to read this or get someone to read this for you grow the :mad: up and take some responsibility for your actions.

SPIDERMAN1
23rd Feb 2009, 19:51
Well what can i say, we al been taken for a ride and most of u know this man or hase dated him.Never in my life being on this planet have i seen such lying and betrail from 1 man like Allan.He hase taken this so called life of he's and used it on honest people that only does good in life and made them believ in him in such way that they tought that this is the ONE.Wel come i tel u something he aint ****. I have known Allen for some time now and all of u are right altough i wasnt caught in he's trap because i could see right through him from day 1. In this point in time he is a no body and wil be for the rest of he's days to come. Sorry but in the tipe of person that can read people so good that is scares me some days.I knew what was going on from the first day i saw he and u know what i would like to slap the :mad: out of him. Ceing him just sit there and makes if everything is ok makes me sick. Lucky enough people started to c things and thank god for them they split. But for others wel u know who u all are. My hart goes out to u people and i understand what u been through. If i hade it my way that man would not c daylight again. Im a much stronger person and i surely dont take **** from eneybody but in the end i was just there to look after people that i love. Allan was maybe once upon a time a nice guy and he still is but if a man cant face the fack that he is hurting people and destroiing lives then he does not urn the respect of being a man but only a cowerd that hase no respect and fealings for other. For the people all involved in this so called mans life i feal sorry for u and i understand every hate in u over this man.If only all will stand together and use there head this man can be brought to justice and i think some of u will agree.I have fallen hard but im stong enough to get up and move on. A man like allen wont get me down...neva. Some days i feal like knocking he's teeth out and giving him a big hiding but in the en it is not going to bring back what he hase taken from us.Some people are in safe hand know and i will make sure that it stays this way.Because if he joice is to come back i wil gladly be sitting waiting for him because believ me i wana be the firt person to throw a punch at him.

Wel all that i can say so all the people that hase gone through this saga,my hart goes out to u people.

feloader
17th Mar 2009, 11:10
Confirming that Alan Selkon is in New Zealand, residing in Aucklands North Shore. Has been seen at the North Shore Aero Club endeavouring to recruit pilots for his so called charter operation in Johannesburg. His reputation has followed him to NZ and to date he has been unsuccessful. For those of you wishing to learn of Alan Selkon and Sabian Air, google Sabian Air Johannesburg and click on PPruNe Forum comments. Makes very interesting reading.

phukibear
19th Mar 2009, 11:47
Dated him when he was younger for about three years - when he was still a nice guy - then got involved again briefly last year - when he had turned really ugly already. Saw what he was all about pretty quickly...so ran like hell!!! A big waste of a potentially good person...

Watchingbystander
29th May 2009, 09:01
For those of you who are interested, confirmed news that Alan Selkon was arrested in New Zealand 2 days ago for fraud.

10th Jul 2009, 18:29
how do you know that for sure ??

nzaircadet
16th Dec 2009, 02:47
Sought man gets to stay (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10598487)
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Alan Andrew Selkon, 39, has successfully reversed a removal order issued by Immigration New Zealand because of the overseas police charges and arrest warrant.

read full article in New Zealand Herald

SABIAN INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS LIMITED
is a company set up by his girlfriend Suzzanne McDowell 120 Harbour View Drive, Gulf Harbour he is also associated with her other businesses A fresh start Ltd , WORLDWIDE ACQUISITIONS LIMITED.

it is reported that he is recruiting business associates for these businesses.

Desperate Wannabe
1st Mar 2010, 08:57
And then finally gets booted out, leaving a trail of tears in his wake, so be careful, he is back here again.

Just recieved this from NZ;

Hi xxxx,

More trivia for you….there are more coming out of the wood work in re regard to being ripped off by the above.

xxx the Sergeant from NZ Police that we both spoke with is on leave for another 3 weeks however is looking at gathering more info and getting prosecution case against him so he may never re enter NZ again.

xxxx the Lady he was involved with has finally now realized she has been conned…taken a while and he has taken all her money and left her with a huge pile of debts.

He had told xxxx he was going back to SA for a business trip and sold everything including all her furniture, old Porsche ( which she paid for and do not know).

xxxx said he will be in contact upon his return to work so if there is more info we can give you then I shall email you.

The man is scum !

Cheers xxxxx

SupaT
20th Apr 2010, 13:18
Hi everyone,

I now recently found all these blogs regarding Alan Selkon. I use to work for him in 2007. If I can give anyone any advise,PLEASE STAY AWAY.

I lost everything through him.I gave up everything in Durban to work for him. I was very young and insecure. I noticed alot of things as I was always in the middle.I know some thing that will make some people really freak out.

No one believed me as I started looking for help until I finally had to resign and go my own way. I lost EVERYTHING.

It still hurts till today and Im still trying to get back on my feet. I truly loved working with the kind people (mostly pilots as after awhile it was only me that was left to run the office- Tracey)

I was horrified when I saw Allister Freeman's incident on tv as it really saddenned me very much as he was a wonderful friend. The thought that Alan "Bull****ted" all of us REALLY HURTS.

Please be warned as I will never fall in his clutches again.

I HAVE TO THANK HIM THOUGH FOR MAKING ME THE PERSON I AM TODAY,STONGER AND SO MUCH MORE WISER!

Cheers!!!:O

Tinkerbell 101
4th Aug 2010, 04:52
Suzanne McDowell did not set up SABIAN INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS LIMITED, she has nothing to do with this business and now nothing to do with him either (thank god) .I know this because she is my mother. Alan is a con man and I hope he gets whats coming to him.... He is the biggest liar I have ever met.

Cardinal Puff
4th Aug 2010, 07:24
Fortunately she got out of it without too much trouble (hopefully). As I recall she was warned about his MO on another forum and chose to ignore the advice, instead defending him tooth and claw.

Hope it all works out for you both.

Goffel
6th Aug 2010, 07:18
Mr Moderator.
Dont u think it is now time to bin this thread.......Sabian Air has not been running for approx two years now.

It has now become a mudsling against someone that everyone has had their say.....it is now no longer about Sabian Air, but about Alan Selkon.....to me, and I think a few others, is now becoming boring and slanderous.

Yes, the guy has a shadey past, but I think we have established that and now it is time to move on.

What he does in NZ, I think shud be on the NZ thread, if it is to do with aviation, otherwise quite honestly, who cares.

If anything, lets pick on someone else, (tongue in cheek), it will make it more interesting reading.

To his credit, he did give many young pilots a starting block, even if it was illegal.

Goffel.

4HolerPoler
6th Aug 2010, 08:50
Took me 5 seconds to think about it & decide to leave this thread bobbing in the forum as a lighthouse caution to the unwary.

I tried to fit the word 'scumbag' into the sentence above but it wouldn't fit.

4HP