PDA

View Full Version : Ground School Blues

Flying Rasta
22nd Nov 2007, 17:07
Hi All,

More of a armchair ppruner and don't usually feel the urge to post.

But Im half way through my ground school and today have hit a brick wall in terms of revision. Nothing is going in and I'm not being productive in front of my books.

With exams 3 weeks away, is this usual? What are your remedies to such mental blocks.?

Thank You chaps/:confused:

tgflyer
22nd Nov 2007, 18:38
Been there, done that!

Just try to keep up with the good work. It will cost you more effort now than ever, but it's well worth it! :ok:

By the way, it is called "Learning plateu". It's a common "side effect" to all the studying and learning!

Cheers,

TG.

bobster1
22nd Nov 2007, 18:50
I think every one goes thru the same feeling, making stupid mistakes, nothing going in, some things sound like a complete new subject that you have never seen before..
I remember around the same time before our exams, we were full time class, a few of us took a night away from books and went out on the lash in Bournemouth, the break did us the world of good...a good laugh a few beers and not a mention of anything ATPL related just beer, ladies and kebabs:ok:

Flying Rasta
22nd Nov 2007, 19:49
:) haha @ the birds and kebabs.

Yeah feeling better already, went to the local and downed a couple. Not sure i'll make the first lecture tomorrow though. Great Success.

Nice one.

bishop99
22nd Nov 2007, 20:05
I would agree with the other posters. Have a night away from the books, and maybe even the next day( basically go and get drunk with the lads/ladies and love the hangover the next day). I did a "few" times in GS and it paid off for me :-D. J

ps. if my grammar is crap, blame the beer. :}

phillpot
22nd Nov 2007, 22:28
Bobster, what do you mean you went out on the lash just before exams? As I remember it you were out on the lash most of the time, the local has gone bust since you left ( after taking the piss I must add he passed all his exams!) Anyway yeh I remember that feeling of blind panic about 3 weeks before the exams especially flight planning, dont worry work hard then take a bit of time just before to chill and it will all come right when it counts.:ok:

Blinkz
22nd Nov 2007, 22:44
I know the feeling. You need a break. Take a day off and do something TOTALLY different, that doesn't involve flying at all. I was getting stressed during my IR and it was all really getting on top of me so I took a day off, went into London with a mate and just had fun. Didn't think about flying once. I came back totally refreshed and feeling ready to take on the dreaded IR :D

bobster1
23rd Nov 2007, 11:02
Bobster, what do you mean you went out on the lash just before exams? As I remember it you were out on the lash most of the time, the local has gone bust since you left

Who me? you must be mistaken..:E

No your correct it was most nights, but I am easily led..

I was not going to mention every night as I did not want to be blamed if the Flying Rasta copied my strategy and it didnt work for him/her..:ok:

Flying Rasta
23rd Nov 2007, 23:05
Actually my man, I did follow your strategy for a bit and suddenly realised two things were suffering. My looks and the sleep of my fellow house mates, personally thats not much to lose.

I took yday and today off, worked wonders. :p :D