PDA

View Full Version : Modular ATPL (JAA) in the USA

Cpt. W. Annabe
22nd Nov 2007, 07:31
I want to obain a ATPL. I'm trying to do it the 'modular way'. As i have no flight experience at the moment, i have to start with the PPL. After having talked to some german FTOs and after having compared their offers, with those of FTOs in the USA, who offer JAA Courses, i decided to do a course in the US. So my plans are: doing the PPL and building some hours in the US. I've planned 60 hrs to obtain the PPL (i think 45 hrs is bit optimistic for someone w/o flight experience) and i want to do another 50 hrs in the US, so i come back to germany with 110 hrs. In Germany i want to fly some hours together with an FI, to accustom myself to the european conditions. After having done this, i want to go again to the US, to do the IR and the CPL.

Is it possible to each theory part of the licences in germany?

I was told, that it is an disadvantage having done the JAA licences in the US, because european Airlines prefer pilots, who were educated in europe. Is that really true? I mean in any other job companies expect abroad working experiences from their employees.

bfisk
22nd Nov 2007, 08:01
As far as the last thought there goes, a JAA license is a JAA license. That's the whole purpose of the JAR-FCL... Go for it! :ok:

Cpt. W. Annabe
22nd Nov 2007, 13:26
Thanks for your support bfisk.

I've to ask another question:

Is it true, that if i obtain my licence in the US, the CAA (of GB) and not the german LBA (Luftfahrtbundesamt) will responsible for all my licence issues?