PDA

View Full Version : PILAPT PREP software

kieranTsoarer
21st Nov 2007, 18:25
Anyone know if this is supported by Windows Vista? Only mentions up to XP on website

PilotChris
21st Nov 2007, 23:31
I have it on windows vista and it works fine!! no problems as of yet!:ok:

Chris

MachBuffet
9th Mar 2008, 16:29
About to download...

Does it give you feedback (on your performance?)

Thanks

Sam

Far Right Autopilot
11th Mar 2008, 21:31
I have downloaded PILAPT but can't get to install on Vista. When I run setup.exe nothing happens... any ideas? The 'support' from cockpitweb has been thoroughly useless.

emiratesson
28th Mar 2009, 15:55
hi guys, from where can i download this software? ill be thankfull if i can find it as soon as possible

Chuffer Chadley
29th Mar 2009, 13:47
I couldn't find the tests on EPST- can anyone give us a clue?

Any other ideas about (free) downloads of practice tests?

Cheers
CC

EDIT: Found it here: APST IPAS (http://www.nitex.nl/apst/)

Alann
29th Mar 2009, 13:53
On EPST that would be a sample of COMPASS tests.

Well it does test the same abilities, but aren't the same!

Anyway, many recruiters told me that is wasn't realy relevant o prepare yourselves on these tests as it doesn't really help you improve your scores apparently. The only good side is that you get to know the tests and aren't surprised when passing it.

Ali M
12th May 2009, 06:56
I am trying to order Pilot Aptitude Test Software from Cockpitweb. Currently I am bsed in Pakistan and the Paypal doesnt work from here so I asked a friend in UK to do that for me. I was expecting a CD but my friend got a mail from PAYPAL that cockpitweb has sent him the software on email. He has not received any email from them . The website also doesnt list any telephone contacts. I need the test ASAP as I need to appear in a test next month.

Mikehotel152
15th May 2009, 08:06
I did the PILAPT tests at CTC and had not practised them beforehand. I found some of them straightforward, others close to impossible. I got through selection despite what I invisaged to be a average-to-poor performance. Others who had done the exact tests before did not get through. Go figure.

Worth practising beforehand? Hmmm. Perhaps the tests are so cunningly written that they can differentiate between practice and natural ability? :} :)

Chilli Corneto
15th May 2009, 08:26
I practiced on the Cockpitweb software before my CTC tests. Some tests were a piece of pi$$, others were a little harder but still relatively straight forward if you kept your concentration and paid attention.

I passed. ;)

Just remember the 6 p's@
Prior
Planning
Prevents
Pi$$
Poor
Performance

Chilli.

RobStob
15th May 2009, 12:24
Good one, Chilli.

scallaghan
16th May 2009, 15:24
The compass software EPST use it written by them and resold to other airlines or training companies.

When the compass software is used by others such as oxford or EK, EPST charge per test sat for each student. Hence students having to pay for attending selection at some organisations.

Jazzy_Jamis
22nd May 2009, 22:13
Has anybody had a problem with using a joystick in Pilapt? I bought one today but it will not work. Wondering if this is a common problem using the software....

golfcharlie232
23rd May 2009, 16:07
Hi Jazzy_Jamis, same here, I got a joystick but can't seem to use it in Pilapt ..

Jazzy_Jamis
27th May 2009, 17:11
Has anybody successfully used a joystick on this software? The Logitech one I bought had to be returned. Any recommendations would be welcome.....

sv2k8
14th May 2010, 18:32
anyone call tell where pilapt prep is available?

Felix Saddler
8th Jun 2010, 17:13
Has anyone used the cockpitweb pre-pilapt software and found it useful in passing CTC's pilapt assessment?

Kind Regards,

F.

Gustavo_Nieto
22nd Sep 2010, 15:01
Hi, anyone know where can i buy the PILAPT Software? please PM !

Gustavo_Nieto
28th Sep 2010, 18:10
I was wondering if someone has the PILAPT software and if you don't mind sending it to me, i'm trying to purchase it but apparently they are not selling it anymorei I'd really appreciate that,please...:bored:

justonewing
7th Oct 2011, 19:12
I have tried this one but to me it doesn't worth 35£. Just a amateur copy of a few CockpitWeb tests.
The shame for me is the lack of representative results. It is also what I reproach to CocpitWeb.
The score doesn't (hits/miss) doesn't mean anything in term of position (below average, average, above average...)

Osinga
9th Feb 2012, 13:21
Could you tell me how I can practice the tests at CTC, and where did you get them from exactly?! Thanks a lot!!