PDA

View Full Version : Australian CPL/ME/IR to Canadian

Eight Ball
20th Nov 2007, 02:31
Hi everyone,

Just wanting to enquire how difficult it is to convert from Aussie lic to Canadian lic. Would anyone would be kind enough to let me know the requirements please.

Are you guys short on pilots too ?

Thanks

Kliperoo
22nd Nov 2007, 00:47
G'day,

I transfered my NZ tickets to the Canadian ones about a year ago and its pretty straight forward.

First things first, get your Canadian Class I medical which you should be able to do through an AME in Sydney, Melbourne, etc. Without this, Transport Canada wont do much for you. It took me, all up from exam to having the paper in hand about 2 1/2 months doing from Auckland, so Id imagine it would be about the same for Oz.

Second you will need to write the commercial and IFR exams (called CAPAER and INRAT). They are very straight forward, multi choice exams. Pass is 70% and you can get the study guides from TC's website (tc.gc.ca)

Last you will need to schedule some flight training with a local school so they can get you up to scratch on the Canadian requirements. Thye will book the flight tests for you, and in a lot of cases the flight school will have a designate who can do the test for you, so long as you dont do the training with them, obviously.

Other than that jobs are good if youve logged above 1000tt and 100mpic from what Ive seen/read. Anything lower and youre looking at a ramp job. Also youd be best to look at writing an exam called the IATRA, which is the type rating exam which some operators require that you have before you fly.

If you guys have any other questions just PM me and Ill try and answer them.

Cheers.

kiri747
7th Dec 2007, 07:11
Hi

Regarding the Aussie license to Canadian... would that be the same for a South African CPL to convert to canadian?

Thanx and enjoy
Lowaldo

showers
7th Dec 2007, 15:22
Regards this subject how long will it take to study and write the samron etc...

angryblackman
7th Dec 2007, 17:44
There are several schools througout Canada that offers ATPL or IFR ground school..it takes three days, plus additional home study if not familiar with Canadian Air Regulations and the Canadian Airman's Information Manual... (AIP).
One school in Vancouver, Canada that I have used for IFR renewal rides, is "The Professional Flite Centre" at www.proifr.com. They have a designated pilot examiner on staff, offer both aeroplane and helicopter training and have a very good reputation.