PDA

View Full Version : SAA cadet training

equinox_code
19th Nov 2007, 11:25
to all,

i've been looking into applying to SAA's sponsorship program, but i've got a few questions-

i live in england, but i've dual south african citizenship. am i elligible?

i have maths and science gcse's, as well as a few a levels. are these qualifications accredited in south africa?

living so far away, and assuming i'm considered for the scheme, do you think it would be possible for them to provisionally book me in for all the tests and interviews required within a 2 or 3 week period? obviously, it'd be far easier on my wallet if i didn't have to make several flights.

i'm white. obviously this shouldn't be a problem. though i get the impression it might be. is this true?

are there any other problems i may have overlooked?

kind regards,

e.c.

p.s. there's a duplicate thread in the african aviation folder. apologies. i wasn't sure where would get me the best or most informed responses.

no sponsor
20th Nov 2007, 07:12
If you are white you have no chance.

Shay
20th Nov 2007, 09:41
Im in the same situation..

I'm going to apply and ask them (if successful) to allocate tests in a small timeframe. Anybody know how long that process takes or how often they select cadets? And how do you put on the app form that you've done gcse's and a levels instead of matric??? Aye I'm white... :ugh: