PDA

View Full Version : Infos about Viva Macau

Soft Ride
19th Nov 2007, 10:32
Hi everyone,

I have been called for a sim evluation in Miami soon and if any one has infos about Viva Macau, I will appreciate

m.s.r.l.p.
29th Mar 2008, 12:13
Anyone have info to share with viva at new term and conditions , seem looking for pilots again..
thanks a lot

Asianlonghaul
31st Mar 2008, 04:08
Sorry I don't have any answers, just another question. What is the crew turn arround on the Macau (MFM) to Sydney (SYD) run. How long is the night stop in Sydney. How many of these can you get a month?
Many thanks for any intel.

BUSTRASH
31st Mar 2008, 07:40
Viva Macau
Uncertain future, pay for your own type rating, only 2 weeks hotel, training takes at least 4 months due to Macau bureacracy. Cost of living in Macau tremendously expensive. 3 year contract, get provident fund 23,000usd and 18,000 for training. average f/o salary if you have jet time is 6500usd inclusive of housing allowance. No way will you get a command unless you have previous experienece as a captain and eveen then its iffy. All turns except sydney,lots of cabin crew from Phillipines and other parts of Asia. If not a native english speaker, the program gets harder.
If you complain to much youll get sacked, can think of anything else.

Asianlonghaul
3rd Apr 2008, 09:02
BUSTRASH (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=154719) if you are with Viva can you let me know how long are the SYD night stops and how many can you get a month? Is it possible to bid / or request SYD flights on the roster? Any other Viva crews out there that can help with this question. Many Thanks.

Sushi Muncher
3rd Apr 2008, 20:58
At the moment the SYD layovers are great. They get in at about 11am, one has that day plus two more off, and departs at 1pm on the 4th day. The other rotation gets in at 11am, the next day off, and then departs on the 3rd day at 1pm.
Yes you can request Syd trips. however at the moment they are the cream trips in the network. Many above you are also on that long request list. You can normally expect a couple of SYD in a month as is anyway.
Be aware about your excitement about SYD layovers. As the airline aquires more airframes, SYD will go to daily flights. Just be aware that things are very dynamic and changeable.

Asianlonghaul
6th Apr 2008, 07:28
Many thanks Sushi Muncher (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=48509) Is there a bidding system on the roster?