PDA

View Full Version : The amazing Bitching Wannabee!

RSQ
19th Nov 2007, 08:36
I often open up aviation magazines to find letters from youngsters or their parents bemoaning how difficult it is to get themselves (or much loved offspring) trained as pilots. They complain about how no companies are willing to spend money to train them so they can be eligible for a flying job.
Amazing thing then isn't it, that in 15 years of sitting at an airport I have had a grand total of two people walk in the door looking for any position to get started in aviation. One fellow quit university to follow his dream, started as a gopher and is about to upgrade to Captain at 1 Time. The other did likewise.
Maybe the moral of thestory is, get off your butt and pound the pavement, make a good impression and be prepared to start at the very bottom.

KlitserKlits
20th Nov 2007, 09:56
Ye mate, luck goes with it, being there at the right time and place, I was just blessed.

Soap Box Cowboy
20th Nov 2007, 14:35
If you don't love flying with a passion, don't bother and leave to those of us who do and you can quit hogging the slots for the poor wanabees that give their every all to become pilots

KlitserKlits
20th Nov 2007, 17:54
Yip, get off your ******* high horse mate, these fixwing wannabe's..... one can just smell you one of those paying for ratings....:ugh: