PDA

View Full Version : F/o, Jetdriver Pay In Naija

BALEWA
17th Nov 2007, 16:30
So what should be the take home pay packet for first officers on jet aircrafts in Nigeria.

What would be reasonable in terms of salary and remunerations for we right sit punters here in lagos eh.

Lets have ur views fellas ;)

Thank you.

PS: No BS on this thread now, dont want to get me all fired up, been a good boy lately, ask the moderators ;)

AlternativeProcedure
17th Nov 2007, 16:49
I reckon anything upwards of =N= 650000 would be acceptable by most F/O's, considering the nature of the environment, the shortage of pilots and also the amount of crap we have to put up with from certain tin god's. Thats reasonable.

hotmj43
17th Nov 2007, 17:31
Balewa i think a First Officer on a medium sized jet, 737 should not get paid less,than 5500usd.The F/o is tomorrows Captain......looking ahead to minimum
salary of 8500usd.In the Nigerian Airspace.
I hear the Oil industry is running out of Chemical Engrs,their salaries have run off the scale....food for thought:ugh:
One USD is now 124 Naira.....do the maths !!

hotmj43
17th Nov 2007, 17:35
AP,The Tin God Gig has gone with the introduction of CRM,a few of the SkyLords ex WT are still floating around.....most gone though,even those left are learning the new ways from my experience......:)

ZAZOO
17th Nov 2007, 22:13
So how much are the chemical Engineers carting away in the oil industry these days!!!

Always wondered what the oil boys earn, their life style and standard of living just seem to be on the rise all the time compared to ours.

Anybody with the terms and endearments in the oil industry please give us an insight

Nice of you to bring up this topic Balewa:ok:

Zazoo

baba70
18th Nov 2007, 01:26
zazoo,

Please check your PM.

hotmj43
18th Nov 2007, 06:10
Zazoo.....Aviation is Global, our terms should be on that platform,though you will hear the argument that the cost of living in the Uk is different from living in Nigeria,yet with or ICAO licenses these days we can get employment as far as China on a commute placement.with China salaries.
As for the Chemical Engrs entry level, same as F/O just out of 737 sim with Line sector training completed with total time of 2500-3000hours jet or turbo prop is 9500usd.....after six months in Niaja you get a Houston placement for
two years....Thinking of becoming a chemical Engr:D
Thank God the Poorly paying Airlines are gone >>>>>

HavingSaidThat
18th Nov 2007, 07:09
Aviation is Global, our terms should be on that platform

There will always be a difference between different parts of the world, but as hotmj43 says, salaries should be more or less the same. The remuneration package as such will differ.

The market is screeming for 737 pilots :ok: In Europe these days airlines offer i.e. line captain (contractors) salaries between Euro 8000 and 8500/month. That is good, but keep in mind that the package, as you will see it in Nigeria, is not the same.

If you say: "Oh, we cannot ask for that here in Africa". My comment is: "That's exactly what you should aim for". With salaries like this elsewhere, pilots will tend to go for the money leaving African airlines short on the pilot side. This will, in the long run, be unacceptable to most operators, and slowly, but surely they will have to adjust their packages.

ZAZOO
18th Nov 2007, 12:02
Did a search this morning on pay in the Nigerian oil sector using google and expanded the search to expat pay in the nigerian sector especialy in the oil sector!

Pheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww I'll be damed :eek::eek:

And I thought we led the pack, well looks like a young lad just out of university with a degree in something something with petrol or oil and gas plastered on his certificate gets to earn double my take home pay after flying for five years in under a year :{.

Concerning the expatriate salary in Nigeria, well that is something I have decided to shy away from :rolleyes:

Zazoo

PS:baba70 will contact u tonight with some info

HavingSaidThat
18th Nov 2007, 13:47
ZAZOO,

Why would you shy away from a salary that, in other parts of the world, are no longer what I believe you describe as expat salaries. The market talks, and in Europe airlines finally understand the value of our licenses. Face it, it is pilots market today, and it does not please the financial officers in any airline to see the flying machines parked outside the hangar. It takes pilots to bring them in the air. And we, the pilots, write the price tag on our services. At least today.

Unfortunately, too many of our colleagues sign contract instead of saying NO THANK YOU.

As I see it, without looking at the location, a medium size jet captain (B737) salary in todays market should be between Euros 8000 - 9000 depending on the rest of the remuneration package. F/Os between Euros 5000 - 6000.

baba70
19th Nov 2007, 02:11
thanks Bud,
really getting to my wits ends now.

hotmj43
19th Nov 2007, 18:03
Hst
My figures were right then:D Be it i used USD:ugh: