PDA

View Full Version : Licence validation

paul k
17th Nov 2007, 15:53
What criteria does one have to meet in order to skip writting all 14 JAA exams have an (Canadian) ICAO ATPL validated in a country.

I ask because I have heard about 747 Captains for example, getting to work wherever they're needed regardless of where their licence is issued from. How does this work?

pk

-8AS
17th Nov 2007, 16:05
Licence validations will vary slightly from state to state but generally you will only need to sit an air law exam and pass the airline LPC to get a validation. However, a validation is only temporary (6-12 months). After that time you would have to convert your licence to the JAA state and sit a fair number of exams, perhaps all. So a validation is fine for short contract or to get you flying, but not a long term solution / shortcut.

kaldandachi
18th Nov 2007, 15:50
what company in the middle east accept A/P license(helicopter 0

Trolle
18th Nov 2007, 21:07
You need to have 500 hours in a multi-crew environment.

paul k
19th Nov 2007, 12:48
ok lets say i had 500 multi - crew... how does that change validation requirements?

redsnail
19th Nov 2007, 15:01
Regarding validations, I believe the UK can and has offered validations for 12 months for specific requirement crews. (ie Airline X needs pilots with Y experience) To continue beyond the 12 months you must complete all the exams.

The UK CAA will issue a JAA ATPL if you have 3,000 hours or more with 1500 hours in command of a 30 tonne or greater jet in primarily international or equivalent operations. You'll need to sit 2 JAR exams and an observed skills test on the type you want to open your licence with (and you have 500 hours on that). This licence will be only valid for G reg aircraft, you want to fly for any other state and you'll have to complete the remaining 12 exams.

All this must be confirmed with the regulatory authority concerned.