PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Skills Assessment and a Psychometric Assessment

[200]
17th Nov 2007, 03:35
Hi,

My application for Qantas was accepted and they have invited me to do the Skills Assessment and a Psychometric Assessment in the next couple of weeks.

Has anyone on this site completed these assessments lately? I am just after a bit of advice on to what I should expect.

I have purchased a couple of books (Psychometric testing and Numeracy & General Ability) and I am working my through them - doesn't seem too hard so far. I have also downloaded and completed the practice leaflet on the Qantas recruitment site - I only strugle with a couple of graph questions...

So, if anyone has completed the test and would like to give me some information it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter

[200]
17th Nov 2007, 05:33
Oh, I forgot to mention that its the cadetship.

LuckyQ
17th Nov 2007, 06:39
You are on the right path by purchasing some books from the internet.

Also do Google search on psychometric ass. and you'll find heaps of practice q'ns but don't waste time doing them all, only the ones similar to the ones shown in the Qantas leaflet.

With the data interpretation, practice being able to eliminate answers by doing quick calc. in your head rather than doing 6 calc. on the calculator. You'll find it will save you heaps of time. For example, a q'n might ask you for greatest percentile growth in a particular year, you should be able to look at the number for the diff. years and narrow down to two answers which are close, then punch them in your calc. to come up with the right answer.

Avoid any wild guesses, work quickly but accurately.

Good luck !! :)

[200]
17th Nov 2007, 08:30
Thanks for the info.

I have also been doing a few online tests here and there but I prefer to use the books and work through them. I don't even own a calculator and never use one, but I do have a few blank exercie books full of numbers. lol

Cheers