PDA

View Full Version : Big Annoying Problem

pharaohincubi
16th Nov 2007, 18:00
Please, I have a VERY frustrating problem. I dont know how on earth it happened, one day everything was fine, and the next my internet doesnt work and I cannot system restore. I've looked around on the internet and cant find any thing that works. I have noticed though that my connection is sending packets, but not recieving any. I thought it might be something to do with the IP address and it was suggested I set my computer to find the IP address automatically. Turned out that it was already set to that, so now I really just dont know what to do. PLEASE! Any help is MUCH appreciated.
Thanks

Mike

bjkeates
16th Nov 2007, 19:33
Are you connecting via wireless? It sounds like your router and computer won't talk to each other properly. The first thing I'd check is that you haven't changed your firewall settings inadvertently. Try disabling whatever firewalls you have running and see if that works; if it does, try reconfiguring the firewall. If not, there could be some conflict with your wireless adaptor, about which I don't know enough. If you could give a bit more information about your system, your equipment and operating system, some of the more informed guys on here will most probably be able to help you.

frostbite
16th Nov 2007, 19:49
Sounds like my experience with the ISP I've just dumped - nothing to do with my setup at all.

But that was dialup, which are you on?

rossym
16th Nov 2007, 20:15
Wasn't talktalk by any chance was it? I have a similar problem on a regular basis!

Blues&twos
16th Nov 2007, 20:58
Can't system restore? Are you running Norton Internet Security?

subrosa
17th Nov 2007, 02:00
So many problems.

I give up on windowz.

Time for a Mac.