PDA

View Full Version : Anyone In?

Sogriada
16th Nov 2007, 05:23
Just, believe it or not, for the first time looked through Pprune and thought I’d poke my head round the door. Currently contracting which will probably leave me with some time to get my head round some threads - but maybe not TDP…..
I'd like to ask if anyone landed a 332 wheels up? A recent ‘happening’ prompted some chat round the bar and the general opinion was split between popping the floats or leaving them be – on the grounds that if one burst, could be embarrassing. But no-one is aware of an actual event – would be interesting if someone has actually done it.
If this has been covered somewhere before – apologies; and would appreciate directions to the thread….

fluffy5
16th Nov 2007, 07:37
I believe as the gossip mill generates something like. A few years ago at aberdeen, chc, 332 landed wheels up, both capt and co-pilot either forgot or had a problem. As it thrashed itself into the ground, stopped, they then engaged the gear to say they were down, some one saw this. the co-pilot got sacked and the captain got busted to co-pilot. So the story goes.
Yet this information is from the old rumour mill up north, I bet the old boys in chc would know what went on, if at all it was chc. :}

Sogriada
16th Nov 2007, 08:31
Should have made myself clearer - meant a wheels up landing with the crew fully aware they were up!

pitchlink
16th Nov 2007, 11:03
Fluffy,

Wrong, exagerated on nearly all counts, do you work for one of the tabloids? Just asking because even they may check their story more thoroughly before embellishing things and going into print. May I suggest you limit your war stories to the facts that you know, in this case; there was an incident in Aberdeen a number of years ago when a 332 ended up with its gear up on the tarmac.