PDA

View Full Version : WSO(Linguist)

TMG
15th Nov 2007, 17:56
Ls & Gs,

Apologies for the admin bomb of starting a new thread; however, all the old WSO(L) threads I've seen are a bit old and unused for a while:

I've managed to source a training pipeline that ties in with what I had heard elsewhere, but one thing eludes me:

I don't need to know where these boys and girls go and what they do, I'm happy with all that. I just want to know how long they do it for in a tour, whether there's leave at the halfway point and what the turn around is between op tours.

The missus is looking into it, so anything relevant to that scenario would be helpful. I'd like to know if I'll ever see her again: methinks not!

Cheers in advance

T

BEagle
15th Nov 2007, 19:30
Is she looking to be a cunning linguist?

OK, OK. I'll get my coat...

GiantR
15th Nov 2007, 20:13
Why not give 51 a call direct? They'll tell you in general details, but nothing specific. All I can tell you is that 51 Linguists (WSOp's, not WSOs btw) don't spend quite as much time away as you may fear.

denachtenmai
16th Nov 2007, 07:33
Nice one Beagle;)
TMG, if your wife turns out like a few of the Spec.Ops. that were around in the 60's-70's (thinks H*** N****n) then you might not want to see her again:eek:
Regards Den.

Kirsty_87
10th Dec 2007, 15:23
hi, this is probably a really weird question for some but something i need to find out! im really keen to pursue a career as a WSOp linguist- where does the RAF stand on cosmetic surgery? i have had a boob job and although i dont think it will effect my performance at all, although it is advised i dont do anything really strenuous with the top half of my body, i feel like i could take on the fitness tests during the training. i am very driven and being an WSOp sounds amazing-ha im sat here wishing the rest of my degree away...! :)

Kirsty_87
10th Dec 2007, 15:28
haha! yes i did go up! but i went for the natural look so unless anyone copped a feel no one would know :)

mystic_meg
10th Dec 2007, 15:28
IMHO they should welcome you with open arms, or should that be hands? :E

NRU74
10th Dec 2007, 15:30
You could go into the "Where are they now" thread and perhaps contact Kristina Rhodes/Ian Sheffield for some expert advice

Kirsty_87
10th Dec 2007, 15:31
hmm thought that could be the case!! ha no on a serious note whats the deal with it do any other women have them..? and just out of interest are many WSOp linguists that are women?

Kirsty_87
10th Dec 2007, 15:34
thanks, much appreciated! this forum is so large its hard to know where to start! its good to know as i wouldnt want it in any way to jeopardise my career choice!