PDA

View Full Version : The stupid law about liquids

Aviator_IT
14th Nov 2007, 21:49
Boarding at Gatwick, they saw I had a 360ml bottle of liqiud for my contact lenses, so they didnt say anything, as it is medicine.
A week later, at Luton, this ladies says to me, if it is medicine, why your name is not on it? :ooh:
So she had to take it away. Freaking thing.
I mean, if it is something flamable, deodorant or what ever, OK, its really OK.
But this is liqiud for cleaning my lenses, its just like water, its not flamable nor it can burn your eyes or whatever. I mean, its something I might need it during my flight and she took it away.
Really stupid law, some people have special need and should be respected if they dont present danger, as in my case.

Crusher1
15th Nov 2007, 08:06
.....which is one of the reasons I don't fly half as much as I used to - it's such a pain at security these days. My wife has had her hair tweasers confiscated (have you ever seen anyone tweasered to death?), and even lyspil and lipstick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has got a bit better recently though but not a lot.

Trouble is you may go to another airport and they let you through.

At Skavsta recently they wouldn't let you through with drinking water, when in depart lounge we had a fire alarm, after much confusion and standing on the apron for half an hour we were sent all the way back to security, and guess what? They let you through with water this time!!!!!!!!!!!!

radeng
15th Nov 2007, 17:25
Aviator,
Sounds like a job on the computer, producing a label with a chemists name on it and your name.....How would they ever know?
Which just shows how stupid the people producing these silly rules are.

Al Fakhem
16th Nov 2007, 02:59
Next, they'll stipulate the exact amount of urine you may carry on board in your bladder :ok:

FHA
16th Nov 2007, 09:42
Brilliant :) :) :)

Salusa
16th Nov 2007, 13:46
Next, they'll stipulate the exact amount of urine you may carry on board in your bladder :ok:

Actually you could have some fun on a similar concept.

If travelling with babies or young toddlers remove there sh***Y and pi**y nappies at security, and hand them over on the basis that they contain more than 100ml of liquid.

You are doing your civic duty and abiding by the rules;)

25F
18th Nov 2007, 20:48
A large orange must contain more than 100ml of juice... but satsumas are easier to peel and provide me with a bit of throat-whetting at appropriate times.

Just remember, the 100ml limit is (probably) based on "science". I read it in Hansard, so it must be true:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10/30/lords_liquid_ban/

It's the confiscation of *empty* bottles that really gets to me...