PDA

View Full Version : Servisar/American Airlines STN

TOWTEAMBASE
14th Nov 2007, 19:22
Overheard a conversation at the smoking hut that American are in talks with servisair, as they did hold the divert contract once upon a time. AA staff also been spotted being shown around in servisair van, any truth in the rumour. I hope so cos id be back to them like a shot. Whats it like at servisair now, what are the staff like, hows moral, is the training and equipment as good as it used to be........shink or shink not:O

D-ABAA
15th Nov 2007, 08:27
What do you mean you would be back like a shot?

Surely not to work for S/Air? Not with redundancy talks, dont think so ! !:ugh:

sat1
15th Nov 2007, 08:34
What do you mean you would be back like a shot?

Surely not to work for S/Air? Not with redundancy talks, dont think so ! !:ugh:

YOU'RE ASSUMING HE HAS ACTUALLY LEFT SERVISAIR IN THE FIRST PLACE,I DO WONDER........................................

D-ABAA
15th Nov 2007, 09:27
hope so cos id be back to them like a shot. Whats it like at servisair now, what are the staff like, hows moral, is the training and equipment as good as it used to be........shink or shink not

I would think he used to be at S/Air!:ok:

GRIZZLER
15th Nov 2007, 18:19
THE BLOKES ARE THE SAME, ONLY OLDER WITH A POLISH ACCENT----THE EQUIPMENT IS THE SAME ONLY OLDER {no polish accent} THE MORALE IS LOWER THAT A SNAKES B:mad:KS.AND YOU WOULD COME BACK SERVISAIR LIKE A SHOT.:confused:--------YOU SHOULD BE.

Subject 117
17th Nov 2007, 08:30
The answer to your question is no, they are not talking to them

You should know better than to listen to the crap spoken at the smoking hut :=

sat1
17th Nov 2007, 08:53
You should know better than to listen to the crap spoken at the smoking hut :=

But surely thats where all the managers congregate.

Subject 117
17th Nov 2007, 09:05
But surely thats where all the managers congregate.

Cost cutting, it's cheaper than office space ;)

sat1
17th Nov 2007, 11:02
true,very true.

TOWTEAMBASE
18th Nov 2007, 20:50
You ALL have very suspisious minds. I view from afar, and yes your right, it is a managment haunt.........for airlines too ???????????????:p

stn ladooo
18th Nov 2007, 23:06
Alright son!!!!! Cup of tea son !!!

TOWTEAMBASE
22nd Nov 2007, 21:57
oh bless..........have they let you out for the weekend, i think you have put something IN your tea

Sir_Digby_Hotpot
3rd Dec 2007, 19:15
I would just like to put forward my thoughts on this thread. Firstly i would like to say that there is no solid basis for the rumor that AA may be parting company with Swissport to seek a better service else where. This seems to have been started by some little scamp who needs a bloody good cuff to the ear.

Secondly could people please adhere to the topic in question and not respond to threads with sporadic bouts of knavish rubbish as this makes me jolly cross!

Now if you will excuse me im off to count my vast amount of money.

Yours faithfully, your social better

Sir Digdy Hotpot

Bravo21
4th Dec 2007, 11:39
Thats why we should not listen all that smoke is going to there head!

its all gotta go
4th Dec 2007, 12:24
British airways top bodys looking at stn, hmmm any news on this you good people of pprune.:rolleyes:

EARLY SHOOT SON,SHINK NOT.

xxx5572
4th Dec 2007, 18:36
No way, British Airways business model is based around Heathrow and will be for a considerable time. I know this as i spoke to a senior person at BA a few weeks ago and asked about other airports and was given a firm response that BA is basically LHR airways and they like it like that for many reasons. But maybe im wrong!!

stnpro
4th Dec 2007, 19:33
AA Tried them once before and stn not just diverts but full handling once tried never to return. the way things are going for them i think swissport will have a few more staff if they need them. :D

Bravo21
4th Dec 2007, 21:20
But swissport are not looking for more men are they. They want to get rid of guys like servisair!:confused:

diamond hanger
10th Dec 2007, 22:33
I heard myself from Swissport ramp agents that AA are not entirely happy with the handling that they recieve. I'm only going by what i heard so i wonder if any one out there can support this theory. If any one from swissport can clarify this then that would be great.

Servisair managers are off to Manchester for discussions some time this week or next to find out whether or not they may have to make redundencies! We shall see:confused:

trap2
11th Dec 2007, 07:20
can't see how there is going to be redundancies, when s/air are just about coping with the work now when it comes in.don't forget its paytalk time, how the company loves their doom and gloom talks this time of year.:{Even when maxjet goes its only a few months and then they will be recruiting for the summer.they will probably get rid of some front of house staff and some managers which would make sense, how they love people in white shirts walking about doing next to nothing.Lots of talk of redundancies lets just wait and see.:)

sat1
11th Dec 2007, 08:37
Hi diamond,good to read you again.Your post just confirms what I have stated in the past.The very fact that someone within Swissport keeps saying everything is rosy just reinforces this.I'm sure he's out there, fingers twitching by his keyboard compiling his response!!!!

Subject 117
11th Dec 2007, 12:09
can't see how there is going to be redundancies, when s/air are just about coping with the work now when it comes in.don't forget its paytalk time, how the company loves their doom and gloom talks this time of year.Even when maxjet goes its only a few months and then they will be recruiting for the summer.they will probably get rid of some front of house staff and some managers which would make sense, how they love people in white shirts walking about doing next to nothing.Lots of talk of redundancies lets just wait and see.

Any redundancies will effect the ramp as much as the rest.

Bravo21
11th Dec 2007, 14:56
There will be no redundancies thats bull:mad: mangerment are trying to scare people!

Trap2 welcome back nice to see you again!!

trap2
11th Dec 2007, 16:45
thats exactly what they are doing mate! Anybody got any genuine rumours, seems that all people want to do is talk about redundancies, getting boring now:(

offroader
12th Dec 2007, 10:40
true to from trap 2, if you think thay care about us, the mangement that is .we are all :ugh:doomed. :D

trap2
12th Dec 2007, 13:34
hang on a mo! when did i say that the managment gives a monkeys, :=. all they care about is themselves as we all know. Has anyone heard any more about maxjet, last i heard they had their shares froze.

7 golden rules
12th Dec 2007, 14:22
replying to trap 2 the way things are going max jet could be wrap up by xmas

trap2
12th Dec 2007, 14:44
Make you right mate! just looked up their website, shares are still frozen looks like skint maxjet are trying to russell up some money sharpish

7 golden rules
12th Dec 2007, 14:57
was down the smoking the other day heard swissport people talking saying aa airlines were not happy with them at all can anyone put any light on this

Subject 117
13th Dec 2007, 11:02
hang on a mo! when did i say that the managment gives a monkeys, . all they care about is themselves as we all know

God you lot are hard done by! :rolleyes:

trap2
13th Dec 2007, 14:57
subjet 117 would love to reply to your message but not going down that road.would just like to say the gravy train is about to pull into the station. hey peps got a message from grizzler (who ever he/she is) that maxjet had to come back to stansted on full emergency, so more money lost there:{.

sat1
13th Dec 2007, 21:46
Any redundancies will effect the ramp as much as the rest.

The latest word appears to indicate that major redundancies at stn handling agent with the majority occuring F.O.H anyone care to comment?

D-ABAA
14th Dec 2007, 09:01
FOH to lose 31 Staff , and the temp staff are not included in that as they already finish first week of Jan

Subject 117
14th Dec 2007, 12:15
FOH to lose 31 Staff , and the temp staff are not included in that as they already finish first week of Jan

31 clerical staff at risk This includes Dispatch

wozzel
14th Dec 2007, 19:50
Im just a ramp op for servisair .i have worked hard when they asked come rain or shine .now when there back is against the wall what do they do? make the staff who are SERVISAIR out off work the ramp guys need a medal for bailing our magement out every week.long live the banter and good spirit:D:D

wozzel
14th Dec 2007, 20:03
THE day the back office gets rid of one of there own is the day grizzler stops moaning ;owen gets it rite and les does some work.till then im waiting for father christmas to drop off a good looking dispatcher.long wait

Dispatchbird
14th Dec 2007, 21:18
The day father Xmas drops off some young good looking ramp guys will be a start!! Like you say Wozzel, why get rid of manager who earns double what a member of dispatch or check-in earn when you could get rid of 2 staff who work hard and will do 18 hour days. I think some major re-structuring is in need!!

wozzel
14th Dec 2007, 21:30
if only .its you and me its sad to say that carry the can.ive heard a wisper that this is the only way they can get rid of some people and in 2 months new contracts more poles happy days .

LME (GOD)
14th Dec 2007, 22:09
The AA lads you seen being driven around were a few mechs getting airport fam tickets for the driving permits. From what i've heard the bean counters seem fairly happy the way things are running at STN with Swissport......:\

diamond hanger
14th Dec 2007, 22:19
Wozzel,please no names on this site,it's unnecessary and that's when things get personal. Believe me i'm not one for supporting the management's decision about redundencies but if things don't change then servisair will no longer operate at STN. This is a buisness were,if they need to make sacarifices to stay above the water then so be it.

The company are most likely looking for other clients in the aviation trade but they will not get very far if the BAA do not lower there landing fee's,that's why the company lost so much work because of the biggest overall company BAA!!!!!!

I believe we should be venting our anger and frustration on BAA and not the management of Servisair. They have a job to do as much as we have!

wozzel
14th Dec 2007, 22:20
good luck swissport .any jobs going? 75 people need rehoming :D

diamond hanger
14th Dec 2007, 22:21
That day will never happen,wozzel!!!

And Dispatch bird,well i never thought i would hear you say something like that,tut,tut !

diamond hanger
14th Dec 2007, 22:23
They may be looking to recruit wozzel,overheard a lot of swissport blokes saying that they are now short of ramp ops because most people took the redundency package that swissport offered them!!!

diamond hanger
14th Dec 2007, 22:30
God,you lot are hard done by!

Please can you enlighten by what you mean subject 117. Do you work in a managerial position within the ramp or are looking through binoculars at a very long distance!!!!!! Please let us know,we would love to hear from you!!!

wozzel
14th Dec 2007, 22:32
I must apologize this is a site where we can let of steam not slag each outher off. it makes me sad we have the best workforce ;the most skilled men ;but no one with any brains to lead us

diamond hanger
15th Dec 2007, 11:07
Wozzel, i understand your frustration and yes sometimes it's best to let of steam which helps to stop the anger building up inside. We do have a weak management structure at the moment but that's not all their fault i'm afraid to say, head office have a large part to play in this so when they say jump, you know the rest!

wozzel
15th Dec 2007, 16:35
I fully understand mate.the ramp staff are cannon fodder the back office untouchable .

diamond hanger
17th Dec 2007, 14:39
That's not strictly true wozzel. They are much in the firing line as the ramp ops. It does look a bit suspicious that the management look untouchable but we know that's not entirely true. The losses will come from all directions of Servisair including management if needed.

sat1
17th Dec 2007, 18:08
If needed????If???????????????????????????? If redundancies occur then they should start at the top.

stnpro
17th Dec 2007, 18:48
why start at the top when they can get rid of some of the crap at the bottom along the way and you never know a few new polls with new contract and happy days servisair ride:\ again

wozzel
17th Dec 2007, 19:06
get more work .get more poles .then hey presto in 2 years back to where we are today.remember ryanair i do

diamond hanger
19th Dec 2007, 19:18
Do you believe that the management of Servisair are untouchable Sat 1, believe you me my friend that is so untrue. It is down to the managers of Servisair to try and gain more Work for the company but if things are going wrong along the line then desicions have to be made and the managers are just as much in trouble as the workforce. Like you said before Sat 1 who ever is the last one out don't forget to turn the lights off!!!!!

AN70
20th Dec 2007, 10:10
so please can some one explain how comes serviceair manegement turn up yesterday on the meeting where they suppose to present the numbers for redundancy and they heve'nt got nothing to show Again:suspect:

groundhand
20th Dec 2007, 13:14
AN70

Might be because that they've just made the top HR person redundant...

On the rest...
Think several people have inflated ideas about how much influence local airport management have on contracts; most of the contracts are signed and delivered before the local team know about them.

Like most airports and companies; there is good and not so good in all areas. The trick is identify and then remove the 'not so good'. Sadly though Unions get in the way of this with their insistence on length of service means more than ability and delivery.

What is for sure is that the aviation business is very volatile and the economic downturn, both here and over the pond, is going to put more pressure on airlines to get better handling deals i.e. cheaper.

Everybody is in for a tough few years.

wozzel
20th Dec 2007, 18:28
i didnt hear much talk about managers down the road today just workers .

trap2
21st Dec 2007, 09:19
Hey woz! i'm sure your a nice chap and all that, but all the bitching in the world is'nt goner change anything. i'm just glad i still have a job.....maybe you should feel the same mate!

diamond hanger
21st Dec 2007, 10:48
Everybody is in the firing line wozzel,including management. I believe that there are at least 5 positions going from the managers section and then the rest will be split between F.O.H and ramp. The last figure that i heard was about 16 people for redundancy, but don't forget you need to take into account anybody that wishes for voluntary redundancy!!!!!!

If you read groundhands post he has hit the nail on the head. There are good working colleagues amongst the ramp and then the desirables but as he pointed out the union do tend to get in the way somewhat.

That's hope we all have a good xmas and a happy newyear, see you on the other side XXXXXXXXXX

diamond hanger
21st Dec 2007, 10:50
Not a truer word said sir,well done!

offroader
22nd Dec 2007, 13:26
so much for christmas sprit no pies no sweets, just diverts merry chirstmas every one. :D

wozzel
22nd Dec 2007, 19:45
merry christmas people at servisair ramp .you have worked hard and been a joy to work along side ;lets hope the workers still prop up the poor management and non existent training officers for years to come .LONG LIVE SERVISAIR

TOWTEAMBASE
24th Dec 2007, 21:49
forgive me if im wrong, ive worked long side both managers and trainers in the morn when people cant be bothered to drag their ass outa bed, and they are willing to put themselves in the firing line as STL too. us ramp woood dont give them enough cred, as they say, dont knock it till you try it

wozzel
24th Dec 2007, 22:06
ok mate .went in to work on friday nite major diverts sh t hitting the fan under staffed and in trouble .didnt see any managers out there working .they must have been at home in the warm .

TOWTEAMBASE
25th Dec 2007, 15:46
im sure they would have been at the end of the phone had anyone bothered to ask for help..........or would that show them they couldnt cope. Just goes to show some shifts pull together better than others hey. happy xmas wood

TOWTEAMBASE
25th Dec 2007, 16:00
and as for understaffed, i dont think you will find that you can roster just in case if diverts hey, sounds like they werent the only "divs" in fri night :}