PDA

View Full Version : who are your nicest celebs?

Pages : [1] 2

galanjal
13th Nov 2007, 15:46
mine has to be prince william. years ago we flew him back from mexico when he was on his gap year. he was sat down the back but came and joined us in the front galley for hours and chatted. so pleasant and amusing

c_hostie
13th Nov 2007, 17:22
Not had many celebs as only been flying a year and a half but I met all of Il Divo on a flight and they were really nice and polite, so was Luke Pritchard from the Kooks and he gave me his autograph :)

Getoutofmygalley
14th Nov 2007, 12:16
Gloria Hunniford - Fab lady, happily stayed behind for a photo with crew at the end of flight.
Noel Edmonds - Really polite and friendly
Robson Greene - Again really polite and friendly

In fact, I don't think I have ever had an arsey celeb, they have all been pretty nice and polite!

EGHI
14th Nov 2007, 12:43
I have ...

Cilla Black - she should be shot - quite possibly one of the most unpleasant individuals I have ever come across.

:eek:

b747 flightboy
14th Nov 2007, 16:01
i heard a similar thing about ms Black. Maybe she doesn't like flying. Or maybe she is just a brassy b!tch whose done well from a poor up bringing and forgets where she came from. Nice to hear lots of positives about other celebs. I had vinnie Jones on a flight a couple of years ago-real gent.

sign-it-to-your-room
14th Nov 2007, 16:04
Lionel Ritchie
Pamela Anderson
Posh n Becks

In that order.

aar4n5
14th Nov 2007, 16:25
You don't talk to Ms Black.
Ms Black will talk to you.
Ms Black only sits in 1A
Ms Black will have some champagne now.
Ms Black talks through a personal assistant.

Vile bitch, rumour has it she was banned from BA for a while because of her attitiude to staff and excessive demands about seating.

pinkus
14th Nov 2007, 16:26
No real celebs for me. Once had a first class cabin full of Bollywood stars, one of the Indian girls on the flight assured me were the equivalent level of fame of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie in India. They were a bunch of tossers. All kept their sunglasses on the entire NIGHT flight. They also cracked the ****s because I asked to see their boarding cards. How the
F&%$ am I supposed to know who they are.

One of my friends had Jade Goody and her boyfriend on a flight once. She thought they must have been upgrades before she realised who they were.

euromanxdude
14th Nov 2007, 16:26
Neve Campbell,
Alicia Silverstone,
Stephan Fry
Mike Reid,
Jonny Vagus
samamntha mumba
that rapper dude who sang the throng song?
jeremy clarkson - legend

all the above were top notch pax..

scary spice - she scared the hell outta me.
ewan mcgregor
werent as nice but to be fair...mr mcgregor was sat in the exit row, obvioulsy tired and exhausted, plus he was the 1 remaining pax we were waiting for. plus it didnt help he had the biggest, meanest peice of handbaggage i had ever seen sat in the exit row - he wasnt happy it had to go into the hold as it was a full flight and the bag wouldnt physically fit in a overhead locker. doh!

Dea Certe
14th Nov 2007, 20:56
Robin Williams. The most down-to-earth, sweetest guy. No entourage for him, boards quietly and low-profiles it. Very funny and will laugh at your own jokes.

Dea

dhc1180
14th Nov 2007, 21:11
aparently, Catherine Zeta Jones has a nice bottom. And Hugh Grant is a thoroughly nice chap

Megaton
14th Nov 2007, 21:21
Michael Palin was as nice as you'd expect.
Richard Branson gave me a dirty look on the way out (but I had just thumped it in :-( )
Halle Berry kept to herself
Some rock band were complete to55ers
Paul Gascoigne was very friendly - I suggested going for a drink but he wimped out :-)
S African rugby team were miserable gits
Natasha somebody was very pretty
Sorry - I'm hopeless! Don't watch I'm a Celeb or read the magazines.

monkeybusiness2
15th Nov 2007, 13:15
Maddona was a bit precious on one of my flights had to go through her PA to speak to her.

oceania
18th Nov 2007, 22:07
Celine Dion-very friendly
Sandra Bullock-very stuffy...twas just after her 2nd or 3rd movie (wotevr it was)
Tommy Lee Jones n his Mrs -really nice.
Will Smith n family - also really nice
UB40 always 'cool '...always friendly
um.........

Gpik
18th Nov 2007, 23:09
Natalie Imbruglia - Stunning in every way from looks to personality.
Heather Mills - Same flight as above....she was complete opposite.
Jodi Kidd - Pleasant
Liv tyler - So nice!
Kel from Kath and Kim - Was lovely!
Graham Norton - Really nice guy
Sophie Dahl - Really nice lady
Princess Beartrice - Very nice
Freddie Ljungberg - Bit precious..still gorgeous..although the precisousness was more from his PA..Why do the PA`s always think they are the important ones?
Samantha Fox - Nice

Theres been lots of other ones who have all been lovely...Oh and Richard Branson ive had on my flight a few times...he is lovely! :ok:

Cyber Bob
22nd Nov 2007, 13:51
Alan Rickman - Very camp
Paul Young - very nice
Andy and Vince (Erasure) - Andy so nice/Vince, so quiet
Phil Collins - Grumpy
Elaine Page - Trying to be a Diva
Shirley Bassey - :mad:
Ant & Dec - fab help with the main meals
Andy Peters - makes a nice brew
Frank Bruno - What you see is what you get - Top guy and soooo polite
Big yin - OK
Prince Andrew - Nice Guy
Stephen Fry - Hilarious!
Jamie Oliver - Dude

Muhammad Ali - Legend (In the true sense of the word)

Virginia
22nd Nov 2007, 17:33
John Simm-what a star, so sweet and nice.
Sam and Mark (second-season Pop Idol (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_Idol) finalists Sam Nixon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Nixon) and Mark Rhodes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Rhodes)-now CBBC presenters) Really funny and chatty.

FlyboyUK
5th Dec 2007, 07:02
Interesting to see Ms Black on Room 101 last night.....guess what she put into the room....you guessed it.....cabin crew!:*

galanjal
5th Dec 2007, 16:36
what reason did Miss Black give for putting us in Room 101? would love to know

Foxy Loxy
5th Dec 2007, 17:02
The safety demos freak her out! Apparently, she'd rather not know how to help save herself should things go Pete Tong....

Foxy

PS I think there was more to it than that, but I didn't watch the whole programme.

flowers_in_the_windo
8th Dec 2007, 21:31
I've had Cilla Black on one of my flights. I was dreading it because my friend had her on a few weeks earlier and she was horrible. However, on my flight she was ok (no PA with her though). She was sitting in 1A though and did drink only champagne (at 6am....yum!). She had a little chat with us about her villa and then spilled the champagne all over her seat and sat in it. (?) Bizarre.

I've also recently had:
Matt Damon, Kylie Minogue, Jeremy Clarkson (all lovely). Jeremy Clarkson can also be hit and miss, sometimes he's lovely, othertimes he's vile.

Today I had Helena Christiansen. She was lovely (said please and thankyou and everything! She even ate...shock!) but her boyfriend was a miserable g*t (you'd think screwing a supermodel would make you happy!).

Also had some cr*p faux celebrities recently. The worst was bloody Chantel (winner of 'celebrity' big brother). She roamed up and down the cabin hoping somebody would recognise her (nobody bothered to look up from their newspapers), and then made personal comments about other peoples appearance.... I wouldn't mind but she looked like she'd been rolled in Bisto and had orange rats tails growing out of her head!

Although the worst HAS to be the owner of my own bloody airline who didn't even acknowledge that there were Cabin Crew on HIS flights. I particularly liked the way he introduced himself to the flight deck and then walked straight passed me like I didn't exist.... w*nker... I hope he chokes on his £300 million.

llanfairpg
9th Dec 2007, 21:31
Whitney Houston's executive charter pilots were told at no time during the weeks charter were they to make eye contact with her or try to speak to her at anytime!!!!

kwachon
9th Dec 2007, 21:37
Lauren Hutton, she came up front after landing, kissed me full on the lips and said "dinner any time you want it"..precious and still hungry.

Lancelot37
9th Dec 2007, 22:23
Great to hear about these so called celebs. Unfortunately many of them I've never heard of, probably because most of them are much younger than my 70 years, but interesting nevertheless.

No man is greater than another. We all go the same way in the end.

llanfairpg
9th Dec 2007, 22:41
Yes everyone is equal, it's just that some are more equal than others.

silverhawk
9th Dec 2007, 22:47
Met Cilla on the set of Corrie years ago when I was a joiner. She was a royal PIA then, about 1983. No change it seems in all that time.

In a new life, I met Celine Dion and Madonna (a day or two before her wedding) on separate occasions and they have provided tons of great anecdotes because of their terrible attitudes.

By far the best celeb was a tennis player from US, Jim Courier.

All the rest were well behaved, ie didn't appear on my radar.

Shiny side down
10th Dec 2007, 00:10
gents
John Cleese- After coming in from NZ, he still took the time to talk to myself and the captain. No pretensions whatsoever.

Seb Coe. Extemely pleasant guy, unassuming.

Craig David. Totally surprised me. not at all what you expect from a popstar.

Freddy Ljungsberg. Nice guy, (I note some others found his PA a little pushy)

...a complete contrast=
Michael Winner. Words fail me at how important he thinks he is, and how utterly obnoxious is his behaviour.
Jody kidd- she is michael winner in drag, by her attitude, and a complete animal. Huge disrespect for anyone and anything. Total waste of space. Family is no better.

Lancelot37
10th Dec 2007, 08:38
You say "Yes everyone is equal; it's just that some are more equal than others."

Shouldn't that read "Some think that they are more equal than other?"

Treat them with the contempt that they deserve. Thankfully I’m not interested in the pop, film, TV or sports world so would not recognise a celeb if I saw one.

We once had photographers walking backwards taking photos and film shots as we left a Singapore flight at Heathrow. My wife informed me that they were filming Michael Winner and not us. I didn’t know who he was.

Qstar
30th Dec 2007, 10:15
Delta Goodrem and Brian Mcfadden, 2 of the loveliest people I have had on a flight, Delta on one flight even came to galley to sit have a cup of tea and a chat. Beautiful Lovely and what a Lady.....
:D:ok:

dallastexjr
13th Jan 2008, 09:07
I had Australia's richest man, Andrew Forrest (Twiggy) and his PA. They were both lovely and down-to-earth. He even called ME sir when I asked if he wanted coffee, which I found suspiciously gratiating, especially later when I asked if he could now turn his phone off as we were soon to land and he snarled, "I am doing it now..."

Consol
13th Jan 2008, 14:05
Anne Hathaway,
Delightful and very pleasant lady, very down to earth. Stunning too.

badairsucker
13th Jan 2008, 14:24
Great thread people.

I heard we had Nick Faldo on board so I went down to have a chat, very nice bloke considering he is supposed to be very arrogant. I have never been star struck by anyone but as he was my childhood golfing idol I made a huge tit of myself, bumbling and stuttering all my questions. Managed to do a good landing for him, thank god!!!!

Artie Fufkin
13th Jan 2008, 14:29
We had David Blunkett. Captain saw him approaching the aircraft.
“He’s blind isn’t he?” asks Captain.
“Yes….” says me.
“So if I open the window and shout Oi Blunkett you c*nt! he won’t know its me, will he?”
“Err no, he won’t but I’m not sure what the rest of the pax in the queue will think”
“Mmm, good point”

I understand from the CC that he behaved himself.

Cool Wavy NG738
13th Jan 2008, 16:24
Top of my list, although it was now some years ago - Joanna Lumley on a charter flight to Corfu. She was every bit as delightful as one would expect, what you see is what you get, simply charming and un-assuming.

llanfairpg
13th Jan 2008, 18:10
Anne Hathaway,
Delightful and very pleasant lady, very down to earth. Stunning too.

She has a great cottage near Stratford upon Avon too.

13th Jan 2008, 18:55
My Dad always said that Ayrton Senna was his best ever pax.

London - Beunos Aires - asked for a glass of water, not to be disturbed and slept the whole flight. . . !

ariel
14th Jan 2008, 21:36
Lancelot - how true...

wigglewash
23rd Jan 2008, 03:50
Sounds like Elle Mcpherson!!! im probably right lol :p

olvirsson
7th Feb 2008, 16:54
Muhammad Ali - Legend (In the true sense of the word)

His manner and the way people with him communicated with me were were truly charming and a great honor to have met Mr. Muhammed Ali.
A very memorable morning.

icepie
7th Feb 2008, 23:50
Recently on a flight to Milan, Jamie Hartman of Ben's brother.

Very nice bloke and entourage. I had to sing the lyrics in the back galley until the purser figured out who he was! :eek:

Ben was also there, which made it a bit confusing. :confused:

All together very nice chap to look after and love his music.

IP

ezpz
9th Feb 2008, 12:00
I met Ricky Martin in our training centre. He was there to do some filming in a flight sim for a TV show.

He was lovely, posed for photos, and was very chatty. Shame I got really nervous and could not think of a single thing to say to him.

JB007
9th Feb 2008, 12:45
I took Danielle Lloyd, questionable celeb status, old boot off Big Brother to AGP in the summer; exactly what you'd expect, tacky/abusive/full of her own self importance!

Awesome when another passenger told her to "Just shut up..."!

D O Guerrero
1st Jul 2008, 16:03
I have heard nothing but bad things about Cilla Black on here or in real life! Can anyone come up with an instance of her being actually nice to anyone? Surprise Surprise doesn't count...
Likewise, friend works on check-in and has witnessed Madonna throwing her toys out twice - once over not being able to sit in 1A on Concorde and another time over not being allowed her excess luggage for free. I mean FFS! How much money has she got? On the second occasion she apparently got on the floor and started screaming until the airline (guess who) let her take her stuff on for nothing....
Quite surprisingly, Grace Jones can be utterly charming and has a penchant for "Shopping the World". Hugh Grant also refreshingly normal...

VAFFPAX
1st Jul 2008, 18:41
I've found Annie Lennox to be very low-key too - I shared her flight from PHX to LAX a few years ago.

S.

pilot999
1st Jul 2008, 21:14
4four weeks ago .I had Marilyn manson onthe flight,strangley enough, he was a very charming polite and couteous passenger. God blesss him.

CabinCrew78
2nd Jul 2008, 14:52
I had Ronan Keating on board on Sun going to Portugal.... he kept a low profile, he was travelling with his wife and little daughter.... polite and very, very good looking! :p

Couple of months ago I had on board Caprice, the american model or whatever she is, she was in Celebrity Big Brother.... she was travelling all her own, ignored everyone, put her head on the tray table and slept for the duration of the flight.... cant really say anything bad about her! :{

slide blower
2nd Jul 2008, 22:54
jimmy cricket.
the nicest man ive ever meet!.

charliejulietthotel
3rd Jul 2008, 00:08
my mum got a kiss from jimmy cricket when i was at play school lol, must have been 16 years ago! no one exciting goes to Stornoway unfortunately :(

littlemuppet
3rd Jul 2008, 01:41
Apparently Macaulay Culkin (the Home Alone boy) gave Marilyn Manson his first cigarette. Surprise surprise :)

Captain.Que
3rd Jul 2008, 04:49
Mel Gibson
Loves a chat and very down to earth.

Bushfiva
3rd Jul 2008, 05:50
Had a very pleasant chat with a guy, right up until the moment when it dawned on him that I didn't know who he was, at which point all the toys left the pram.

Impress to inflate
3rd Jul 2008, 06:26
A couple of years ago I took Andrew Marr BBC political man out to an oil rig to do some filming. Great bloke who enjoys a good laugh. The rig crew played a few tricks on him, he took it well and saw the funny side of it. Flew as a pax with Robbie Coltrain four years ago, miserable tw%t, but found out later he was going through a very messy split up.

r3please
3rd Jul 2008, 08:21
Janet Jackson - lovely

Nicole Kidman - farking biatch

Kylie - lovely, lovely, lovely

Rachael Griffiths (Muriels Wedding) - lovely and in economy LAX-SYD...WTF!!!

Barrie Humphries aka Dame Edna - miserable, pervy old t**t

Pamela Anderson - so sweet

Joan Rivers - on another planet but funny and very sweet

Craig Mclachlan - looked knackered but nice guy

Jason Donovan - off his face

Stefan Dennis - nice bloke

Neil Perry - prat. He said 'tell the galley person not to worry because I won't be eating on todays flight'. I felt like saying 'your lucky, the other 13 people in the cabin have no choice but to eat the **** food you cobbled together and got paid $20million dollars for!'

TeamJQboy
3rd Jul 2008, 08:42
Jack Johnson was onboard one of my short sectors between Sydney and the Gold Coast - he was a very pleasant guy, smooth voice, beautiful tanned skin, and also had his wife/girlfriend with him as well as his cute little son.

Little did I know that this elderly American couple I was chatting to for a while in 1A and B, opposite my jumpseat at L1, were actually his mum and dad! I was asking them how their time in Australia was going so far and they said they'd actually just flown in from Honolulu but were looking forward to seeing the sights. My CM, sitting next to me, let me in on who they were after about 5 minutes. I thought it was quite nice of Jack to bring his family with him on his Aussie tour.
:ok:

Mr Seatback 2
3rd Jul 2008, 08:55
I've had Jack Johnson on my flights too...just as has been said, lovely bloke and even lovelier family. If only others would follow his lead...

Nicole Kidman's mum - as above, only her mum and her bestie - they redefined 'biatch'...seriously, 'don't you know who I am?...No, I don't'...twats.

Had a Saudi royal family onboard (the whole His Highness, etc)...lovely, well mannered, polite...

Joel Edgerton & Cathy Freeman (when they were together)...low key, lovely and polite...

Craig David - lovely guy, entourage was a bit twitchy, but he was fine...

And a few local Oz celebs (well, I use the term loosely), whose behaviour was exemplary in some cases, and embarrassing in others.

Takes all sorts, I suppose.

ozangel
3rd Jul 2008, 09:45
When ground crew Ramp/Checkin:
Russle Crowe (semi-frequently) - a real gentleman, remembered our names, always came out the back for a chat and threw a few bags onto the barrows.

Tina Arena: Has a fantastic way of avoiding fans approaching. She smells AWFUL! Her entourage were hippies and she's about 3ft tall (that said, was pleasent enough).

Cornelia Frances (Morag off Home and Away). Truly terrifying woman to look at (peers at you down her nose through her glasses sitting at the bottom of her nose - jokingly barked at me 'get me out of here'), smells like she's been drinking heavily in a house fire, but a lovely woman.

Kerri-Anne Kennerly had nice luggage, shame her fashion sense is AWFUL, and was a bit of a princess (big town girl lost in a regional world).

Onboard

Anthony Callea - incredibly charming, flirty (though i was serving him the good scotch from business class), and very down to earth. Gave me a gentle hug and a peck on the cheek as he disembarked. Remembered me when I saw him at a nightclub 2 weeks later in sydney as the guy who was getting him the good scotch...

Blair (the guy off big brother 1 and neighbours). Great to look at, but a bit of a princess and a bit full of himself. (perhaps he had caught me staring at his arms - but he was wearing a singlet!!).

Roberta Williams (of Underbelly/melbournes gangland shooting fame) - a classy, hillarious, down to earth woman who I reckon would be a scream to take to the gay clubs!

Pete Murray (on the same flight with roberta) - looked homeless - slept - almost left without him (maybe he had been camping out in the departure lounge to save on accommodation - who knows).

Steve Vizard - was kind enough to only speak to me in his famous 'gay flight attendant voice' (off fast forward fame). Gave him a hug and said he was my inspiration...

Judith Durham (of seekers fame)... I had to go to the toilets and shed a tear, my late grandmothers (and my mothers and mine) favourite vocalist - told her my mother sang me Morningtown Ride as a lullaby as a child... Everything I had imagined her to be, classy, australian, and down to earth.

Stevie Wright (Easybeats - they sang Friday on my mind). In not the best of health these days, took a turn for the worse on my flight and required first aid - assisting this legend was a humbling, sad, yet proud moment.

Kate Hudson - quiet, initiated conversation, showed a genuine interest in our lives and felt more like a good friend than a passenger - even joking/teasing me about a very attractive bloke behind the curtain in economy.

Barry Humphries - have to disagree - for a man that once poured fruit salad into a sickbag and then ate it with a fork (as a joke), I couldnt fault him! Quiet, respectful, and appreciative.

John Howard (when his aircraft broke down during an election campaign) - although the PM of australia, a simple man who responded respectfully and politely to another crew member who confronted him about them only earning $380 a week after tax thanks to his magical AWAs. Was genuine, polite, inquisitive, and was very content with the Vegimite sandwich Janette had packed him in his lunch box, only asking for water. That said, despite my respect for him, i'm glad he is not PM!!!!

Guy Sebastian and his girlfriend/now wife (winner of Aus Idol) from ADL. Was very sweet, and took time to go down the back and sit with the 4 unaccompanied minors and help them colour in, chat etc. You should have seen their glowing faces when they got photos with him, and then when they were telling their parents at the arrival gate! Offered to move him to the best seats in the house but he declined and ended up sitting with his girlfriend and the kids for landing.

The guy who does any Aussie tv ad that requires a blokey bloke sounding like he's salivating (hungry jacks, holden), and appears on thank god youre here... anyway he sat there with dark sunnies, refused to talk, when he did he was rude, and pre-empted my colleagues offer of a drink from the service cart with 'I'm just trying to get to sydney, can you leave me alone and just treat me like a normal person'. Much to his embarrasment, she replied with 'Sorry you feel that way, but would you like a drink from the cart?'

(theres more... but need a drink!)

TeamJQboy
3rd Jul 2008, 11:16
The guy who does any Aussie tv ad that requires a blokey bloke sounding like he's salivating (hungry jacks, holden), and appears on thank god youre here... anyway he sat there with dark sunnies, refused to talk, when he did he was rude, and pre-empted my colleagues offer of a drink from the service cart with 'I'm just trying to get to sydney, can you leave me alone and just treat me like a normal person'. Much to his embarrasment, she replied with 'Sorry you feel that way, but would you like a drink from the cart?'

Haha love it! :} The "sorry you feel that way" line is just the best in this job isn't it? Goes a lonnng way to getting right up their nose!

Nothing worse than celebrities who are so far down the list and think they're mightier than the almighty himself. :rolleyes:

Mind you, when you encounter celebs that are truly genuine, down-to-earth and pleasant people who are willing to share a few words with you, it makes you realise what a privilege it is to have this job some times. Especially when you think crazed fans of these people would give their right arm and leg just to watch them 50 metres away on a stage.

Scouser1
7th Jul 2008, 14:11
Cilla Black- yep, a right PITA !
Paul McCartney- nice enough but thought he was gods gift.
Danny Baker- a right tw*t- loads of DYKWIA?
Kylie- a right little smasher!
King of Nepal- lovely! Stunning daughters too!
Michael Palin-lovely man, sat him next to my Gran going to DTW once, she loved it...not sure about him though...
Joan Collins- just like Cilla!
Sir Garfield Sobers- horrible little man..full of himself.
Ronnie Corbett- OK.
Dr Fox- nice guy, signing autographs the whole flight.
Thats all I can remember now!

airheads
7th Jul 2008, 20:15
By far Julian Moore, I served her in J class from New York to Toronto for the film festival

YONGE
9th Jul 2008, 15:50
Bryan Adams-lovely, polite, very low key. We took him out to Berlin and nightstopped. The next day flying back he was on the flight again and remembered us asking if we had a good evening.

Natalie Imbruglia- Beautiful, charming, polite. Absolutely TINY!

Neil Tennant (Pet Shop Boy)- Again exceedingly polite and charming. Says 'Please may I have a coffee?'

Ant from Ant and Dec and his wife- very polite (a bit tubbier in the flesh), quite shy onboard like he is embarrased to be recognised

Noel Edmonds and his girlfriend- going to Nice in Economy (I suggest he gives the banker a call for a loan). Pleasent enough

Have heard tales about Cilla (haven't we all)
The other one whose name is muck is MICK HUCKNALL. Rude, vile, ginger gnome.

Doorstomanual
9th Jul 2008, 18:19
Princess Beatrice - Absolute pleasure, impecabble manners
Gordon Brown - Always polite, wife b*tch
Jude Law, Sienna Miller - very down to earth
Geri Halliwell - spoilt child
Hellen Mirren - Vile. Thought she was the queen
David Furnish - Loved us boys, gave me free front row tickets to Elton in Vegas
Gordon Ramsey - Ego barely fitted on the 747
Duffy - Lovely and genuine
Venus Williams - Signed autographs but VERY quiet

BlueTui
11th Jul 2008, 05:03
Not "A List"
But
Graham Taylor- England Manager, Very Quiet and embarresed to be recognised on a holiday with his family.

Jasper Carrot- Very Loud and not ashamed to use his name

blondechick
13th Jul 2008, 18:53
well the these are who stick in my mind

Prince William he really is a true English gentleman and VERY handsome. He has something bout him must be cuz he is Diana's son

Rikki Lake so pretty and so down to earth!! Not a stick of make up but she was still lovely!!

Jack Osbourne very polite and nothing like i expected him to be like and he's lost sooo much weight!!

mixture
13th Jul 2008, 21:02
for a man that once poured fruit salad into a sickbag and then ate it with a fork

Ozangel,

Very good ! :D

Dan Winterland
14th Jul 2008, 05:11
Iggy Pop - Great Guy.
Paul Daniels and Debbie Magee - lovely couple and very down to earth.
Art Garfunkel - rude and moody.
Piers Brosnan - a perfect gentlman.

The VS flights to and from LAX always seemed to have some minor celeb on board who always assumed you should recognise them and would always get unreasonably demanding. One such 'minor' was kicking off in business about the temperature of the Champagne or some other such nonesense when a real and instantly recognisable celeb told her to sit down, shut up and stop being so rude to the crew! loved it!!!!!

Friends of mine often flew Maggie Thatcher. Event hough she would do an 18 hour day of diplomatic rounds, she would appear on th flight deck at midnight in her dressing gown with a tray of hot chocolate she had just made everyone!

QFKFY
18th Jul 2008, 07:27
Aussie ones mostly.

Katrina Rowntree(travel show Getaway), SYD-DPS, genuine and polite, asked for a photo, she came to galley, had pix and chat with her, she even sent regards to my partner, delightful.

Ben Dark (also from Getaway), DRW-SIN. opposite to Katrina, he was rude, didn't even look at me when I offered water, just waved me off. Kept the full flight waiting for him in DRW, as he was duty free shopping, boarded last.

Delta Goodrum, SYD-AKL, super polite and pretty, she was just a girl of her age, fame and stardom didn't seem to corrupt her.

Peter Everett (Ready Steady Cook), SYD-DPS, down to earth, asked me what my background was when I served him meal, came to galley for a chat, could have easily made friends with him.

Tom Williams (Great Outdoors), SYD-OOL, down to earth, low key, but very polite, gave me a big wave goodbye and a big smile with 'thank you' on the tarmac, what a hunk!

Julie Bishop (opposition deputy leader), being a political figure, she's got no personality, if there is any, that'll be rudeness! Didn't look when she was offered tea/coffee.

Kieran Perkins (former swimmer), SYD-HKG, miserable, what a shame! He's nothing like the good image media tries to project, no facial expression, looked as if he just lost a few millions in casino the night before.

James Blunt, low key, had his sunnies on the whole flight, and tried to hide his face behind his right hand. No one bothered him anyway, whatever!

snapper41
24th Jul 2008, 11:01
He has something bout him must be cuz he is Diana's son

What - you mean he's an attention-seeking bimbo too?:E

Brakes...beer
26th Jul 2008, 03:53
Cilla (White) used to get my mother's hand-me-downs when she lived in a marginally poorer street than her in Liverpool in the 1940s. Cilla's mother was a friendly lady who was always grateful.

I have to agree with several previous posters: when the capt and I are told that X or Y is on board our response is often, "Who?" Whilst everybody is naturally interested in how the famous behave (and according to this thread they usually behave very well), a minority clearly lack a sense of perspective. What a sadly blinkered way to go through life! What on earth will they think 40 years later on their deathbed as they consider their behaviour?

captainyonder
26th Jul 2008, 10:32
Kofi Annan (former UN secretary general) - Lovely chap, very quiet didn't make a fuss, still wonder why he was going to Vegas for 24 hours! The girls all thought he was Morgan Freeman!

On the same flight I had some miserable middle aged old bint, Susannah Constantine (as in Trinny and Susannah, what not to wear). Thought she was gods gift and had a body guard standing in front of her seat for the whole 10 hours to stop us getting anywhere near her!

Michael Barrymore - just last year, very nice came and sat at the bar for three hours and had a long chat with us. Seemed very down on himself, understandable I suppose since his career has taken a plunge and is now dead in the water so to speak!!!!

Bill Kenwright - Travelling with Barrymore, also very nice, very jolly and friendly.

Stelios - Just slept and didn't ask for anything. Very friendly when approached though and took time to have a quick chat. Mind you, he wouldn't give me an FOs job when I asked!!!

The Automatic - Good fun lads on the whole, one of them was a bit of a pr!ck

Too many Z lists to mention, mainly from Big Brother, didn't have a clue who they were, always stuck in economy looking miserable, particularly when we'd run out of their choice of meal and they demanded we made more....I'll just go and sacrifice a chicken in your honour in the back galley shall I!?

Rachel Stevens - Cried because we wouldn't upgrade her

As a PAX on a MAN-LHR flight I sat next to Blackburn goalkeeper Brad Friedel and his wife, very nice people, very polite.

Now I'm going up the pointy end I think my celeb days are probably over.

woptb
26th Jul 2008, 11:22
Sometime ago came onboard & was fiximicating something for a while before noticing there was a punter already sat in 1st class.She started chatting with us,was gorgeous,charming,very girlie & funny.We didn't know right away that it was Melanie Griffith.
She was an absolute delight & I've still got a crush on her!

northbynorthwest
26th Jul 2008, 13:49
Came across this thread by accident this morning. Fascinating insights into the travelling habits of the rich and famous. I am not a flight attendant, but I do have one instance of rubbing shoulders with a celeb on a flight. Several years ago, I was travelling Minneapolis-London and B.B. King sat right across the aisle from me. What an absolute gentleman he was. He was very engaging and friendly with everyone. By chance, I had listened to an indepth interview with him on Public Radio a few weeks prior to this trip, and my impression of him from that interview was "wow, what an amazing person". My brief encounter with him confirmed this view.

Shark Slayer
30th Jul 2008, 00:09
Derek Warwick(Formula 1 in the 80's) so may not qualify but regular SOU-JER. Top bloke.Nigel Mansell, always OK to me but others have other stories.

Sir Alex Ferguson, MAN-EDI etc, always polite.

Shay Givens(?) Irish Goalkeeper NEW-DUB. See Above.

Andy Gray. As Above.

John Reid(Home Secretary). See above.

Both Harry & Wills, BRS-EDI. Lovely young boys(they were very young then) but Tiggy Legge-Birk, what a pain in the A#se!

Princess Ann. Seemed to depend on what side of the royal bed she got out of, so no different to the rest of us then!

Carol Not-so-Smiley. Always a predictable pax, complete cow!

Naomi Campbell, well we all know and I don't think she was any prettier than most of our girls in the cabin, she was certainly surlier.

Dwight Yorke, complete tool, wanted his check in luggage delivered to the aircraft steps!

A300Man
2nd Aug 2008, 18:10
Dan, loved your Maggie Thatcher story. I can just imagine her with a tray full of hot chocolate mugs, dressing gown and hair in curlers. LOL.

Good old Maggie!! Bet they didn't need sky marshalls when she was on board. She could be rather persistent in telling people what to do!!

Nerik
3rd Aug 2008, 13:09
Sean Connery-Top bloke. Sat in the cockpit for nearly the whole flight and chatted about anything from politics, to football. Really nice.

Sharon Stone- Quite reserved and very polite.

Wendy Richards- Very down to earth and really nice.

Willowfly
3rd Aug 2008, 16:58
Flew back from Faro to LBA last Saturday with Middlesbrough FC squad and Manager - they were very polite and fun. Lots of banter - a bit peed off there were no sandwiches left though so muched there way through Pringles and twix bars.

Northern Hero
10th Aug 2008, 20:09
Kylie - Stunning, gorgeous, lovely person. F/O's birthday and he got the kiss on the cheek. Twice. One for the photo !

Dale Winton - Very pleasant (but orange). Bought the entire crew dinner when he came into the same resteraunt.

Kiri Te Kanawa (SP ?) Very full of her self importance. Fur coat and shades.

David Becham - Very pleasant as were his MUFC colleagues.
Victoria Beckam - Miserable, rude and loved herself.

Sir Freddie Laker - Absolute gentleman

Mr. T from the A team - Hilarious

b77
13th Aug 2008, 16:24
Bianca Jagger Vile B!tch

Johnny Wilkinson had him twice on my flight both times he was lovely, so down to earth and have to say he is very very very sexy man!!!

Abusing_the_sky
13th Aug 2008, 19:51
Sean Connery-Top bloke. Sat in the cockpit for nearly the whole flight and chatted about anything from politics, to football. Really nice

You lucky, lucky, lucky *&$$£*

If Mr ATS wouldn't exist, Sir Sean Connery would be something I'd dream of....:ok:

b747 flightboy
14th Aug 2008, 10:03
Had him on my flight last week. Lba-Ams-Jnb. Sat in economy. Quiet and reserved. Pointed him out to the girls but they didn't recognise him. (think am getting old) Pleasant getting off and many thanks. Remembered when te papers slated him and thought how unjust.

Mr Grimsdale
14th Aug 2008, 10:44
I'm not cabin crew but couldn't help responding. Occasionally I do a bit of film and TV extra work and your descriptions of some of these characters matches exactly with what I've seen and heard.

Natalie Imbruglia is really friendly and chatty.
Michael Winner allegedly has someone on set to hold his ash tray, he'll hold out his cigar and the poor s*d has to come running and catch the ash or there's trouble.
Nicole Kidman gets people thrown off set if they look her in the eye and they're important enough to be allowed to do so.
Hugh Grant is down to earth and seems very normal.
Stephen Fry is really chatty and friendly. A real gent.
Jeremy Clarkson seemed completely full of himself and didn't realise he was making himself look a charlie oscar charlie kilo.
Lisa Mafia (I had the misfortune of being in the "Where Are They Now" line-up on Never Mind The Buzzcocks) was a complete :mad:. Fortunately she was borderline z-list even in 2003 and seems to have dropped off the radar completely now. The rest of the Never Mind The Buzzcocks team seemed quite up themselves too and could barely acknowledge the line-up victims in the green room afterwards

I've heard some stories about Michael Caine. Has anyone encountered him?

flyguy25
19th Aug 2008, 14:20
I would have to say Julian Moore would be the nicest celeb on my flights I have also served Chantal Kreviazuk, Debbie Travis (painted house) as well as Colin Feore who played Pierre Elliot Trudeau in the movie he was on plenty of my YYZ-YUL flights...

priapism
20th Aug 2008, 03:13
Burt Bacarach:ok::D

denis555
20th Aug 2008, 07:07
A lot of Cilla Black Flak on this thread.

Personally I can't stand the woman and I hate her 'Plastic Scouser' act - especially since she has lived in Buckinghamshire for nearly 50 years.

She often works the words 'Fair Hair' into a conversation but pronounces it 'Fur Hur' for full scouser effect. Can someone try to get her to say the word 'Fare' (on check in?) just to see if she really pronouces it that way - I bet she doesn't :}

Bridge Builder
23rd Aug 2008, 17:46
George Best. I was just a passenger, but the two of us got trapped in an LHR Terminal 1 gangway, behind a sliding glass security screen, just before boarding a flight to Glasgow. We both tried to press the glass all over to make the screen open. It was very surreal and he was very funny. A memory that will stick with me a lifetime. RIP! :D

BlueTui
23rd Aug 2008, 18:41
Friendly, approachable. Not at all like I imagined:ok:

Bridge Builder
26th Aug 2008, 15:39
How about this one.
That Pen Hadow! Didn’t listen to his pre-flight announcements. Didn’t follow safety instructions or obey safety procedures. Goes to the papers moaning that he wasn’t ‘reassured ‘by the pilots at the same time they are trying to solve a major problem.

If anyone bumps into him give him the report on the Helios crash. That’ll keep him up in his tent at night up in the North Pole. :=

Give me Cilla any day.

Virginia
26th Aug 2008, 20:37
David Bowie (I love him so much) and Iman. Such lovely people. :ok:

Soap Box Cowboy
29th Aug 2008, 22:17
Had Lauren Hutton on my flight, awesome lady, laid back, we had a great chat about when she used to fly in Africa back in the day. Didn't realise who she was at the time but she just fits right in.

jimmychinchin
30th Aug 2008, 12:10
It will always be Dame Shirley Bassey for me, when i handed her a biscuit to have with her tea, she tapped my hand and said "ooo, you are naughty!". Plus Dame helen Mirren, tiny in real life, just read the tory-o-graph but was very polite. There's nothing quite like a Dame...

Philie2305
31st Aug 2008, 04:40
avril lavigne-Horid individual (Ryanair Dub-Pik):ugh:
Kelle (From Corrie) Lovely lady and has really long legs (RYR Dub-Man)
The Goo Goo Dolls (RYR Dub-Pik) Class, Really Friendly and the lead singer is so hot
Mark - Westlife (& Partner) (Xl Airways Dub - Jmk) Lovely guy and he even posed for a photo with the crew

Coppelia
31st Aug 2008, 09:50
David Coulthard - had him twice on board - so nice chap, a real gentleman :ok:

Jean-Claude Van Damme - was in economy on a flight from BRU to NCE some years ago, during the Cannes Festival. He tried whatever he could to be upgraded in business, but it didn't work:* Made me open all the "tax free" items during the flight, and eventually didn't buy anything. Guess he was under the influence of any illegal substance. So arrogant ! His wife was nice though.

ExSp33db1rd
1st Sep 2008, 09:40
Dora Bryan ( how far back do you want to go ! ) Entertained us on the flt. deck, diverted to Manchester, refused to take the bus to Crewe to get the train to London ( spent me life hanging around Crewe Station, luv. ) insisted on coming to the crew hotel, and joining the after flight party, gave me tickets to her pantomime ( she was Mother Goose ).Relayed the whole episode to Pete Murray ( or was it Jimmy Young ? ) on Radio 4 the following week and even mentioned me by name !!! Normal and fun.

kate140983
1st Sep 2008, 11:40
I had the former England manager steve mclaren on my flight this morning from toulouse to amsterdam. Very nice polite and accepted straight away when i asked for his autograph for my football mad brother. A pleasure

13thDuke
2nd Sep 2008, 14:51
i asked for his autograph for my football mad brother
Scottish is he?

Ground Bound
2nd Sep 2008, 18:32
I have to disagree about Dame Shirley Bassey. I was a fellow passenger with her on a flight to JFK. She drove the cc mad with her demands. Wearing next to nothing, she constantly complained of being cold; so the cabin temperature was increased and the rest of us roasted.

Nicest people I have met during my career were the Duke of Westminster and Prince Michael of Kent. Despite their money and status, they were true unassuming gentlemen.

BelArgUSA
2nd Sep 2008, 19:08
As a pilot, I occasionally went to the cabin to shake hands with VIPs or celebrities.
xxx
In the Anglo-Saxon world... my favorite was actor John Ritter (TV show "Three is company"). Had him on flights 3 times... As a passenger, he made me laugh more than I would have laughed watching his TV shows. Really, John Ritter must have been a nice guy in day-to-day life. Sorry he died so young.
xxx
The one I disliked (top of list) was Bob Hope. So popular then, but a real SOB with no humor in real-life. Only had him on board once, flight JFK to LHR. He was sitting in F class with Mrs Hope. I introduced myself as the co-pilot. His answer was "well, boy, want dont you go back to the cockpit to keep an eye on your captain"... Mrs Hope rolled her eyes... I saw she wanted to apologize for the "kind words"... All cabin staff told me same about Bob Hope...
xxx
Finally... never was on my flight, but met her on the cargo ramp in Nairobi.
Audrey Hepburn... my favorite actress.
She was with UNICEF. I was flying a Cargolux plane - 1992.
After landing, a ramp agent said "Captain, someone to see you"...
Who knows me in Nairobi...?
Went down the plane with my bags... There was a tiny little lady there.
Other people with her, and TV cameras...
I recognized her, that was Audrey Hepburn, my idol...
UNICEF wanted her to appear on TV with crew of airplane flying relief supplies.
What is your name, captain... where from...?
I said "originally from Brussels, Miss Hepburn, you were born there".
She switched from English to French, and to Dutch, for 10 minutes...
And when she left, she hugged me... My favorite movie star hugged me...
She passed away less than a year later. I cried...
xxx
:)
Happy contrails

CirrusF
2nd Sep 2008, 19:19
Nicole Kidman gets people thrown off set if they look her in the eye and they're important enough to be allowed to do so

I might disagree there, having met her without having a clue who she was until later. I was staying at the Copacabana Beach hotel in Rio, March 1994, and went for a swim in the pool. There was only one other person by the pool, so I thought it would be rude not to say hello. So I went over and started chatting. I had absolutely no idea who she was (I'm not celeb conscious at all) and she was really nice, friendly and intelligent. At one point I asked why she was in Rio, and she replied that "her husband was promoting a film". Not wanting to talk about her husband, I changed the subject. It was only the next day when driving back to the airport that I saw a whole load of posters for a Tom Cruise film (can't remember which one) that I worked out who I had been talking to.

Ms Spurtle
8th Sep 2008, 11:54
We had the entire Man U team and staff aboard not long ago. All as nice as pie except Gary Neville. Complete co*k and very much "don't you know who I am?" even though he was surrounded by the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney, Fergie, Sir Bobby & co.

corsair
8th Sep 2008, 13:43
Having some experience around the TV/movie industry. I can back up some of the comments here. Julianne Moore was mentioned a couple of times and I can confirm she is absolutely lovely. Kim Cattrall was very nice too. An extra told me of how he was filming in a hotel and happened to know the manager. A good looking blonde woman came over and joined the conversation and they had a pleasant chat. Later when he went to film the scene he realised who she was. He had no idea.

Pierce Brosnan seemed pleasant enough but with a tendency for sarky jokes. Jonathan Rhys Meyers (Henry VIII), very pleasant and unlike other actors would queue in the studio canteen like everyone else despite having a nice trailer to hide in.

Haven't really seen bad behaviour. But had heard that Mickey Rourke was obnoxious and actually actually trotted out the 'Don't you know who I am' line.

fastener
8th Sep 2008, 14:09
I'm not cabin crew (engineer) but I was asked if Glen Close could sit in the F/class during the turn round to aviod the Media. She was ugly enough to scare a police horse and was a troll. Helped out U2 when their plane was tech, they treated me worse that the RAC, dito for the pilot of the Guns N Roses B727. The cabin looked as if someone had let a grenade off in it, complete with bodies everywhere in various states of alchol/substance abuse. Slash could qualify as an avionics engineer as he didn't have a scooby doo where/what he was.

EI-CFC
11th Sep 2008, 23:39
I see this thread got a mention in popbitch today

*waves*

galanjal
12th Sep 2008, 06:28
yes I saw that mention in popbitch too, how funny is that?

Daifly
12th Sep 2008, 09:06
Popbitch led me here too! (Hello pb'ers.)

I have to say, I met Cilla once at Heathrow and she was very nice.

Was flying from MAN to LHR on BA (having been to funeral in Liverpool) and she was on board. She wasn't anywhere near 1A as I was off before her, but we parked on a remote stand and I got off onto the bus and grabbed one of the seats.

She then gets on it with her entourage and I offered her my seat (being nice like wot I am). She said (well, I imagine she said "Surprise Surprise, the unpredictable hits you between the eyes") but she actually just said "oooh no, I've been sat down for hours pet/luv/our kid (can't quite remember which Liverpudlian greeting), thank you" and then chatted about what I'd been up to and why I was travelling from Manchester. She'd been to Liverpool (obviously).

OK, so it's not the most amazing story ever and it doesn't detract from the number of times she's been called a c*nt above, but I remember her as nice.(and it's been my "celeb" story for years, so I'm not changing it!!)

(I liked the rather random Dora Bryan story above too).

LaCabina
13th Sep 2008, 20:54
Kylie & Dannii Minogue - always lovely, sweet and gorgeous. Both generous with their time. Remember you from other flights.
Susan Sarandon - no make up, stunning, gracious and engaging
Eva Mendez - absolutely gorgeous, sweet and fun
Sandra Bernhardt - fun, polite, genuinely interested in you.
Beyonce - absolutely beautiful and sweet.
Naomi Watts - cold. Superior.
David Coulthard - an absolute gentleman
Aaliyah - beautiful and very sweet.
The Spice Girls - obnoxious (Mel B worst offender)
Keith Urban - polite, no trouble.
Pamela Anderson - an absolute sweetheart
Robbie Williams - quiet but friendly and courteous
Cate Blanchett - quiet and polite
Natalie Imbrulia - always friendly and gorgeous
Paris Hilton - sweet and courteous
Poppy Montgomery - funny, sweet and loves chocolate
Sophie Monk - sweet and friendly
Barry Humphries - odd
Nicole Kidman's sister (whats-her-name? exactly!) - superior, rude and cold. Although not a celebrity her attitude deserves a special mention.

....to be continued! ;)

mickchick
24th Sep 2008, 11:40
I see in today's Daily Mail that Cilla Black is hotly denying that she is ever rude to or difficult with, cabin crew. Says she is scared of flying so she always takes a knockout pill and goes to sleep, making no demands on anyone.
On the subject of flying celebs, I remember many years ago on a flight from Montreal to Los Angeles sitting across the aisle in FC from John Wayne.
In those days, federal aviation rules allowed passengers no more than two alcoholic drinks in US airspace, and in my experience as SLF this was always rigidly applied.
However, JW had other ideas. He downed his first two drinks very quickly after TO, then demanded a third. When the flight attendant reminded him of the rules, he growled 'who dares argue with the Duke?' He got his third, his fourth, and in fact I counted twelve. With the rules so flagrantly bent for him, the cabin crew could hardly refuse to exceed the limit for the other passengers. By the time the flight landed, everyone ewas absolutely legless - excedpt for JW, who aoounced to the crew as he diksembrked 'I'm gonna need a drink after this'.

bunkrest
24th Sep 2008, 13:58
Brian Adams - Lovely and chatty, better looking than I thought!
Kylie - Beautiful and so petite. Has the complexion of a teenager -(made me feel like the cryptkeeper and I'm younger than her!)
Jordan aka Katy Price - Absolutely charming - I was expecting a nightmare but she was down to earth and chatty. One of the nicest celebs I've carried.
Prince Andrew and Sophie Wessex - understated and polite.
Uri Gellar (the celebrity spoon bender) what a guy- spent most of the flight in the galley chatting and bending cutlery - still have my signed spoon to prove it!
Julie Walters - A real lady. Lovely.
Rufus Sewell (film actor) gorgeous, polite with no ego. Sneaked up on me in the galley to ask me something about frequent fligher points - A memory I treasure!
Michael Douglas - a true 'A' lister - absolutely charming, shook everybodies hand and thanked us after the flight.

Jillytots
26th Sep 2008, 11:50
Mr Ross and his family were lovely. Couldnt have been nicer.

Honey (daughter) was so down to earth. :D

Capt Kremin
28th Sep 2008, 04:40
Rock Stars-Deep Purple; Great guys and their lead guitarist Steve Morse, is a former regional pilot in the US so he was a very interested and knowledgable observer to an approach into Singapore. I had to stop myself from going through the "We're not worthy routine"!

Sam Neil. A true gentleman. Very polite and open.

Greg Norman. Very quiet and polite. Booked a first class seat for his golf clubs!

Diana Ross: Wanted the CSM to switch off the movie in First class so her kids could sleep. Pity about all the other passengers!

Boris Becker: (classic story)

BB: Hello, I do not vish to be disturbed, I vill tell you when I wish to be fed, and I vill NOT sign any autographs!

Chief Steward (deadpan): ...and your name is, Sir?

tezzer
29th Sep 2008, 12:34
What a fascinating thread, only chanced in here, and have found it most intersting but..........

I find it strange that no one has mentioned the real stars, YOU the cabin crew, putting up with to:mad:sers like us "normal" SLF.

Take a bow, all of you, God only knows how you put up with the kids / chavs / tantrums from FFlyers who don't get what they want WHEN they want it !

anotherglassofwine
29th Sep 2008, 13:49
Back in the student aircraft cleaning days - Waiting beside an EI Foker 50, brush in hand with cloth tied to end when Big Jack Charlton deplaned and walked straight over to me and my mini-vaccum wielding colleague... "My fishin gear is in there - can you boys grab it for me now!"
When we pointed out that we were mere cleaners it was obvious that Big Jack didn't take no for an answer! It was all pretty tongue and cheek so we popped over to our loader mates and ensured Jack got his fishing gear right there on the ramp. Autograph's followed for all the loadies and cleaners on the ramp... a gentleman. (albeit a tad scary!)
Niall Quinn - a gent as well .

Not Celebs - but honorary mention to some of the cc crew I worked with.
After cleaning Lufthansa, BA and Spanair aircraft the cabin crew regularly made sure we all left the airplane with cans of soda and chocolate bars... which was always appreciated. As for EI... I'll say nothing.

BAE 146 Captain - rain lashing in the door as the pax bored, made a call for a cleaner to come up and dry off the Galley floor before doors closed. Muggins here was dispatched on hands and kness pushing the water out the steps whilst by cheap light blue shirt turned very dark.
Captain came out and complemented me on my work and promised he would sort me out with a gift. 2 weeks later on another 146 he popped out of the cockpit and presented me with a beautiful model of the new (at the time) a330.... and I thought he would forget.
A true gent! :ok:

Mr Mac
29th Sep 2008, 17:16
Had the luck to fly with the late Peter Ustinov from London To New York, a flight I wished would never end,:ok: as he was such an entertaining and kind man to crew and passengers alike, a true gentleman of the world. Also had the pleasure of sitting next to Joanna Lumley on a short flight, but did not recognize her at first, again a true star.

inner
29th Sep 2008, 17:43
I've heard that Boris becker (ex tennis player) is really a pain in the *ss???? Someone experience with that??

Getoutofmygalley
29th Sep 2008, 20:21
inner have a look at post #111 BB is mentioned there.

denis555
30th Sep 2008, 07:27
Twenty years ago I was at Oakland completing my PPL and stuck out on the flight line one day I wandered over to another plane to speak to the passenger about something mundane ( where the nearest loo I suppose).

The passenger was waiting for his pilot and whilst chatting to me placed his hand over his mouth amd pulled his cap down lower which I thought a bit odd. He was chatty and we joked about this and that for a while before I toddled off.

It was only later that someone told me it was Paul Newman - I thought I recognised something about him - he probally thought I was a stalker at first:} A nice guy now sadly departed.

Yarpy
30th Sep 2008, 08:02
I remember having the late Sir Harry Secombe on a flight. He had recently been diagnosed with cancer. He joked with one of the cabin crew:

"You know I've got cancer don't you? I'm really glad because it's all the rage these days!"

Wonderful man.

silverware
1st Oct 2008, 18:53
Dutch royalty-nice
Jack Nicholson-very sleepy, pretty easy going guy
Michael Jordan-very tall and to big for his seat!
Jeremy Clarkson- see Michael Jordan

bondim
2nd Oct 2008, 09:33
DJ Fatboy Slim-had to ask him to turn stereo down :) but very nice guy
Gwyneth Paltrow-polite and classy, paid with AMEX...
John Reid-former home secr. may I ask sir why you fly a low-cost airline?
oh, I cannot justify wasting taxpayers money

SteveJWR
12th Oct 2008, 11:51
Here's a view from the other side.

Lee Kernaghan and I (his PA) frequent the BNE-SYD BNE-MLB on both DJ & QF.

You will always find Lee will make time to chat with all flight crew. He has posed for photos, signed anything offered and offered tickets to crew overnighting at gig's.

Special mention to Steve and Ben from the DJ Flight Deck. [You know who you are]. Thanks for coming back and sharing your 'tails from behind the door' with us when you have been driving our busses.

We have even been offered the jumpseat experience. Lee has commented on the familiar genuine friendly faces of the VB cabin crew. No matter what class we are in.

So next time you have this particular piece of self loading cargo, say G'day LK.

Why am I here? I am about to do my GFPT. I thought I'd share.

Cheers

oh and cant forget those GA pilots who have commanded our various charter flights.

galanjal
21st Oct 2008, 10:47
just had Sarah Ferguson on a flight, very nice and seemed down to earth. wanted no special treatment and just drank water. cheap looking luggage though!!!

that bloke
24th Oct 2008, 03:45
met the man u team a yr after they won the european cup for the 2nd time got talking to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, and told him i broke my watch when he scored that goal, offered to buy a new one for me no i said just win a other cup ( wish i had taken the watch :ugh:).
when they where around the 1st time the boy group boyz' own with all there yes men and woman. we meet then in business lounge at lhr ronan keating made a pass at girl friend she turned round and said who the hell are you? lol he got the right hump and walked off lol

also met alistair darling in same lounge a few yrs later boarding a flight to manchester i got up to go to the gate was told by the girl there to sit down you need to finish your tea and bics will call you in a bit get the mp on so made to feel extra special

merlinxx
25th Oct 2008, 07:50
We carried lots of folks down to PMI back in the mid/late 60s all going to visit Harry (Seegoon) Seycombe's place. Along with 'Spike' we had Peter Sellers, Joe Brown, Harry Fowler, Frankie Howard, Micheal Bentine, 'Burley Chasse' (Shirley Bassey, Acker Bilk and many. many more. All were super pax and never failed to perform for the crew & hoards:ok:. Different world those days:E

Sepp
25th Oct 2008, 10:22
Flown too many to think of them all, but the top two have to be Kylie and Mr. Depp. (In no particular order, they're both Class A* acts)

Sean Connery has to get a special mention too - a very kind man - and Thierry Henri is always an absolute gent.

For just sheer fun, 28 days with Metallica on the Monsters of Rock tour in 1991 will take some beating (all areas backstage pass for the whole tour, and they even wangled me a pass to see AC/DC stageside, too) *and* I got a name check from Lars on MTV! \m/

galanjal
28th Oct 2008, 19:50
just flown Roger Moore and his wife, both absolutely lovely and charming. the slightly odd thing was that his wife was reading his autobiography!!

Rotorhead1026
30th Oct 2008, 16:04
Just noticed this thread - excellent! :ok:

Joe Frazier (and a son) a few years back. Both very pleasant and congenial. Junior looked a bit bigger and stronger than his dad was at the same age.

Pushpak
31st Oct 2008, 00:44
Mother Teresa, had the honour to fly her few years back. The best was after disembarking she held my hand and said "son i have nothing to offer but will pray for you".

Smeagels Boyfriend
3rd Nov 2008, 23:32
I flew PC Plum! Balamorys top cop.

Matari
4th Nov 2008, 03:57
I'm SLF, hope I can post here, but just wanted to mention I sat next to Kinky Friedman* on flight from LHR to IAH the other day (in economy). Seemed like the nicest guy, cracking jokes and signing autographs for anyone who asked. Interesting that he managed to hang on to the same unlit cigar for the entire 10 hr. flight.

*not many may know Kinky on these boards, but he is a famous country-western singer/songwriter/humorist and unsucessful Democratic candidate for Governor of Texas.

creamhain
4th Nov 2008, 19:58
Had a freind who was Manager of Hughes in Calgary many years ago.

Tells the story of Phyllis Diller who after checking in early was nowhere to be found after relentles paging, aircraft now ten minutes late, was found playing poker with the handling staff and ground crew.

Lifted moral to new heights:ok:

str8 hostie
8th Nov 2008, 22:50
i flew "big mo" from eastenders back to the uk, can't remember where from, absolutley lovley person.

flapsforty
12th Dec 2008, 07:57
The Times online just published the 20 best (and worst) travel websites of 2008. PPRuNe comes in as number 5 (on the best list!).

Guess which thread is ´loved´ by the journalist? ;)

Link (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel/news/article5306688.ece)

glider12000
12th Dec 2008, 14:09
I had Boris Johnson, shortly after becoming Mayor of London on board along with his wife and children. All extremely well behaved, and even signed the article in that day´s Sun which the captain wanted signing.

Sir Trevor Brooking and his wife. My dad is a huge fan of his and I was almost named after him until my mum said no! His wife had come to the forward galley and I told her the story, she thought it was hilarious. She knew as much about football as he did, which is a lot. Also had the pleasure of shaking his hand. He also poked his head in the flightdeck to say thank you before disembarking.

galanjal
12th Dec 2008, 17:58
wow! a mention on Times Online! keep the stories rolling in folks, people are reading them!! :)

Hagbard the Amateur
14th Dec 2008, 15:49
Flew from ZRH-LHR with Lee Scratch Perry (he lives very quietly in Zürich.) Still, he is very much in charge of his own unique planet and on this day was wearing a suit with around 100 CDs sewn into the outside from top to bottom. He shone and clanked as he walked. It was a pleasure to shake the hand of a walking piece of reggae history. A very nice person.

Grove
15th Dec 2008, 01:02
Olivia Newton-John... Have taken her between LAX-SYD a couple of times. So plesant, friendly and polite. She also looks fantastic!!!..

flying_dog
15th Dec 2008, 12:35
great thread...
I am TLF but my brothers fly. Apparently...
Jules Holland: polite and quiet as a mouse.
Laurence Llewellyn Bowen: tall guy, much bigger and quieter than you think, chuntering somewhat because he didn't get an upgrade.
Gwyneth Paltrow: charming, didn't eat anything at all.
Nicole Kidman (travelling sans entourage): low key, politely chatty: surprise surprise didn't eat anything at all from HK to SYD but did knock back a couple of glasses of champagne.
Myleene Klass: tiny even in massively high heels, surprisingly brusque but had small baby with her so perhaps stressed...
Sir Bobby Charlton: very sour, complained twice, a big disappointment :(
Gary Barlow and wife coming back from holiday: no VIP treatment at all, were really quiet, hardly said anything all flight but happy to sign autographs for all the transfer bus staff.
Charles Kennedy: clearly 3 sheets to the wind, red faced, obnoxious, "do you know who I am"...

JennyB
15th Dec 2008, 12:43
The best response to the "do you know who i am" line, is to ask them if they know who you are? If they say no, then say "fcuk off then"

Georgeablelovehowindia
15th Dec 2008, 16:02
Tut-tut Jenny. The correct response is: "Oh God help us ... not another one with amnesia!"

This reminds me of the impeccably mannered stewardess who, on greeting a boarding male passenger with a cheerful "Good morning, Sir" got a snarling "What's so effing good about it?" She sweetly replied "It was merely a form of greeting, Sir, not the effing weather forecast!"

The cabin service director, who was standing next to her, went and cringed in the galley! :ooh:

denis555
22nd Dec 2008, 09:54
Sir Bobby Charlton: very sour, complained twice, a big disappointment http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/sowee.gif

Do you think flying makes him super-nervous due to his early experience in the Munich Air Crash of 1958.... or is he jusr rude anyway?

BladePilot
22nd Dec 2008, 11:17
Many years ago I had the pleasure of sitting beside John Noakes on a British Midland flight down to PMI. I had grown up with Blue Peter and just couldn't believe my luck that the seat between us was empty (Y class B737 we were way down the back!).
He was an absolute gentleman and we chatted all the way to Palma about Blue Peter, Shep the Collie and the adverstising and voice over work that John was doing. He was on his way to spend the summer in Majorca and proudly told me all about his yacht and villa. The flight seemed to be over much too quickly and I found myself wishing we had been on a long haul route.
We waited together in the baggage reclaim hall and continued to chat whilst waiting for our luggage. As we left the Airport he said he felt that he'd only left London 10minutes ago. As I jumped into my cab I thought about how much I'd enjoyed chatting with him and realised that I hadn't even been aware of the landing in PMI!

Now where did I put that squeezy washing up liquid bottle and scissors?

pinkstilettos
10th Jan 2009, 19:59
what an interesting post, really enjoyed reading it...
Not a CC story but a Pax experience - A friend of my flew business class from New York to London and sat next to Gary Barlow - he introduced himself before he sat down as "yes, I am Gary Barlow and no you can't have my autograph!" So my friend played Robbie Williams full blast on his IPOD for a few songs. Apparently he was quite rude to the CC and very into himself. He also sat next to Boy George on another flight who was apparently lovely, funny and talked about his legal woes candidly when he found out my friend was a lawyer!

jetsetjobbie
11th Jan 2009, 01:05
Just brought Tommy Docherty home from BGI after a cruise.
Perfect gentleman and chatty.

Newforest2
6th Feb 2009, 08:41
Presumably Lindsay Lohan would not be on your favourite list judging from her behaviour at Tampa.

Galley Gossip: Lindsay Lohan throws a fit when she's denied a first class seat! - Gadling | travel blog | news, stories, deals, and tips. Go there. (http://www.gadling.com/2009/02/05/galley-gossip-lindsay-lohan-throws-a-fit-when-shes-denied-a-f/?icid=200100397x1217495010x1201251804)

CyclicRick
14th Feb 2009, 12:31
Back in 1999 I was lucky enough to be in two films (flying a helicopter), the first one was with Owen Wilson who was a really nice chap, funny unassuming and he even lent us his driver when we went out one night. Gene Hackman was also in the film (taller than I imagined) and after watching "The Quick and the Dead" on Slovak telly (all dubbed), I stood next to him in the dinner que the next day and remarked how good his Slovakian was, he laughed and said he'd seen himself speak Japanese aswell and didn't realise how good he was, really nice chap too.
The other film we did was with Brad Pitt and Robert Redford (didn't get to meet Mr. Redford), Mr. Pitt was an @rse, ignored everyone. The director was fun and a really good bloke and went by the name of Tony Scott! He even let me look through the camera to judge a shot we were in!
A friend of mine flew Right said Fred and said they were a barrel of laughs and really nice blokes too.
Rick

Ancient Mariner
16th Feb 2009, 13:48
Newforest2, did you read the story in your link? Seems like the author sided with Lindsey L and I'm not surprised. LL didn't get what she paid for.
Per

Stu666
17th Feb 2009, 07:28
Hi Sepp, how did you manage to wrangle that? Were you the pilot?

Anyone ever flown Johnny Rotten a.k.a. John Lydon of Sex Pistols fame? What's he like?

galanjal
19th Feb 2009, 16:40
had Jamie Cullum onboard a few days ago. Really polite, unassuming young man. He sat quietly playing a computer game looking like your average 15 year old!!!!

sandstone-lpl
19th Feb 2009, 20:37
Stu666,
Believe John Lydon was forced to travel separately form the rest of the band on the Sex Pistols' tour last year after Icejet refused to carry him after he continued to smoke on the aircraft and threatened the crew !(allegedly !)

Final 3 Greens
20th Feb 2009, 08:37
Once had a first class cabin full of Bollywood stars

I'm pax, not CC, but had a similar experience, with two very good looking young indian guys in 1A and B and me across the aisle in the middle.

Loads of young girls came to the cabin (before departure) for their autographs and I ended up acted as photographer for most.

I have no idea who the actors were (the crew said they were very famous), but they behaved like complete gentlemen, signing autographs and talking with their fans, even being kind enough to thank me for helping.

They were the kind of people you's like to share the cabin with anytime :ok:

A Comfy Chair
20th Feb 2009, 08:46
Prince Edward - Despite all the security was quite a nice man. Wasn't allowed to say much to him though!

Christie Hinze - Stood up in business class on the 744 in pyjamas and flicked her hair like in all the shampoo ads. Every guy's head turned... truly beautiful lady. Very nice and friendly too.

Major General Michael Jeffery as Governor General. Ended up seated next to him... very nice man. Worked for the entire flight from London to Singapore!

kiki.international
21st Feb 2009, 07:50
Mariah Carey heading to LHR, on the way to CPT. She was adorable! One of our Irish crew couldn't pronounce Mariah and instead called her Marijah... She thought this was hysterical and remedied this by saying,
"Call me MC..."

At the end of the flight she signed autographs for everyone and was nothing but polite. No diva strops, no tantrums, just a really sweet person. :ok:

galanjal
23rd Feb 2009, 10:06
Emma Thompson, what a legend! She was the nicest, smiliest person you could meet. Incredibly polite, not a scrap of make-up and utterly gorgeous.

VS-Toga
26th Feb 2009, 15:30
I have a confession here.

This is my first post after a few yrs lurking so here goes...

I'm a youngish FO on my first LH gigs. My all time idol/hero/god was on my flight to LAX a few weeks ago and I have to admit to being ridiculously besotten.

None other than the great, incomparable, wonderful genuis guitarist David Gilmour of Pink Floyd, who has created the soundtrack to my life.

He has a CPL which astonished me and we talked for a fair old time about flying and when we landed I took him up front and showed him around. Very knowledgable. He owns a P51 Mustang too. WOW! I did drop hints, but....

What a lovely, softly spoken, genuine guy.

TightSlot
27th Feb 2009, 17:18
Welcome at last VS-Toga - posting is more fun than lurking!

Congrats on your very good taste in Guitar Heroes!

VS-Toga
27th Feb 2009, 18:08
Cheers Skip.

I never did get the invite to try the P51 though.

:(

Itswindyout
6th Mar 2009, 06:24
I did a few of the PF tour flights.

They are the nicest guys in show business.

I went to a after show party with them in Athens, (one of them has / had a house there), and it was life a family renunion. Great time.

DG loved flyiong, and If I remember titled a track on an LP LEARNING TO FLY.

Michael Wennick was his initial instructor, also a very nice guy.

iwo

PMICREW
8th Mar 2009, 15:48
I was not a CC nor pax in that flight but i had the oportunity to organize as a broker the flight for the entire argentinian soccer team. I had players like messi, kun aguero, heinze, gago and others and Maradona was the coach. They are all very friendly but they dont like being disturbed.

Ten West
8th Mar 2009, 22:32
Dave Gilmour apparently used to own an airworthy Gnat if I remember right. G-MOUR? Wonder what happened to that.

Great guitarist, although I think it was more Roger Waters that wrote the soundtrack to mine. ;)

Flygulfair
9th Mar 2009, 17:46
wow kiki.international you got to see Mariah Carey, i believe you. She is so nice lol

VS-Toga
11th Mar 2009, 18:26
Itswindy

I did get his business card (autographed, naturally)- his management co is called Emca. Acme spelt backwards, which amused me. No mobile number on it though. :(

He was actually quite fascinated with side stick controls- had never seen them live- wanted to know about 'feel'. I said it's simple- there is none, but you get used to it!

:}

Here's G-MOUR- as you say it's the Gnat....does he still own it?

Airliners.net | Airplanes - Aviation - Aircraft- Aircraft Photos & News (http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=G-MOUR&distinct_entry=true)

I believe he's also done some hours with the human legend Brendan O'Brien.

As an aside, and re minor celebs, for English posters, I had Jeremy Paxman on recently (to EWR- wise man), who again, according to the crew, was a total gent and very funny.

al446
11th Mar 2009, 18:35
ERW - Where's that?

VS-Toga
11th Mar 2009, 21:21
EWR- my bad typing...:\

Ten West
14th Mar 2009, 12:51
Here's G-MOUR- as you say it's the Gnat....does he still own it?

No idea. According to some of the pics on the link you provided it's owned by "The Yellowjack Group" of Kemble, but that doesn't mean that "The Yellowjack Group" isn't DG's operating company for it, so it could be.
It's certainly a very pretty little aeroplane, even if it's not actually XR991 as painted on the side.

Nick Mason used to be very much into aircraft too. His company "Ten Tenths" used to have a few interesting things on its books along with his Ferrari collection.

Why not use the contact details on his business card that he gave you and ask him? Worst he can do is ignore it, but you might make a new flying buddy! ;)

Dick Hertzalot
17th Mar 2009, 05:07
Chubby Checker - Great guy and a real Rock and Roll Legend. Quiet, sat and did his crosswords...

Derryn Hinch - Still as strong a personality as ever, not afraid to get into intelligent conversation with someone he'd just met.

Natalie Imbruglia - :eek: OMG - I'm in love. This woman is incredible. Gorgeous, sweet, cute, adorable, genuine, charismatic, charming, beautiful smile... I could go on. :ugh:

Ronnie Coleman - Huge. (Body-Builder - 8 times Mr. Olympia)

Jimoein - Turd of a human being; obnoxious and arrogant. He and his family turned the entire row of seats into a scrapheap.

Wendall Sailor - Knob Jockey. Torres Strait Islander descent rugby player, for those that don't know (or like me, don't care!)

Wanted to take his brand-new golf putter into the cabin. When told he couldn't, he kicked-up a big stink and said "But the crew all know who I am, don't they?" Gate attendant replied "Yes Mr. Woods, we all do, but that doesn't mean you can take your putter on board."

I nearly fell over! :D

Evanelpus
17th Mar 2009, 16:04
I believe he's also done some hours with the human legend Brendan O'Brien.

Now why did you have to go and mention him? Wonder what he's up to these days and what about Celia phooarr!

727 exec
18th Mar 2009, 16:23
IWO - ahh, the famous Michael Wennink...check out 'Learning to Fly' for the credit to Michael and to listen to some genuine ATC from Grant Dempster. Of course, it was Michael who 'did' the flying as Mr Spencer in 'Some Mothers...'

I, whilst working for the above Michael, flew with David, Nick and their families - and they were always kind and friendly. David and I did did our Citation ratings together...David took me up in his Harvard one sunny afternoon in France.

Some of the best fun I could have had in my formative flying days.

mellymoo
23rd Mar 2009, 18:09
I had Nelson Mandela and wife on flight DXB to JNB - had about 10 different types of dietary meals onboard for him, wife was lovely he himself didnt really speak, his bodyguard was a pr>>k wouldnt allow crew to enter first class. The crew in First Class were allowed to have their photos taken with him, seniors and business class crew werent allowed up to see him??!!

Had Sophie Anderton, on flight going to film Celebrity get me out of here, she kept herself to herself, but due to a delay in LHR with paxs onboard we did the meal service on ground, where she ate little, put on her PJ's and came into the galley to talk. I didnt know really who she was as havent lived in UK for 10yrs till she told me then I cottoned on. Very nice lady.

Had Madge from Neighbours from MEL in First Class.

Had Michael Palin who had been filming the Himalaya series he didnt speak to crew only wanted a Whisky his film crew spoke to us.

John Sinclair (news reporter) out of LGW to comment on the Iraq War.

Rugby Stars many a time, ozzies, nz's and jarpees!! Love them!!

TheMaskedDispatcher
23rd Mar 2009, 22:36
Hope you dont mind some ground's-eye-view additions to this,

-Kenny Baker (R2d2), very jolly and chatty, sent me an autograph via checkin next time he came through after i talked to him at a gate. Remembered my name and everything!

-Sir Alex Fergusson, always polite, noticed he never fails to thank gate staff for looking after 'them'.

-Diana Ross, looked like she'd been dug up freshly

-Beyonce, stunning . .

-Jeremy Kyle (!!), smaller in real life, must be his persona on his talkshow that makes him seem taller!

-Tony Blair, kept the push/loading crew waiting 25mins, then on arrival made a point of saying sorry for his lateness, shaking hands and doing autographs and photos . .

-Queen Elizabeth II, didnt get to speak to her but the crew of her 146 showed me round just as she left . . .goodness she has a warm bottom if her seat was anything to go by :ooh:

-Probably some more but from our POV they're just ballast to help with the trim or a sequence number to be boarded like ALL THE REST!

TMD

VS-Toga
25th Mar 2009, 09:20
Now why did you have to go and mention him? Wonder what he's up to these days and what about Celia phooarr!

I went up with him once in a Tiger at the Moth Club in Headcorn. He is still one helluva a pilot.

He's a florid and larger than life character.

He did announce rather loudly in the Club House that he was becoming heavily into S and M. (honestly!)

I wonder if Celia ever knew?

paris13e
29th Mar 2009, 00:54
Boris Johnson - chatty and slightly over familiar, but nice

Rupert Penry Jones - lovely and very chatty

Karen Mulder (Dutch supermodel) and her sister Saskia, who I studied with several years before. SHe recognised me so they were both very nice. Karen is stunning beyond belief.

Jean Reno (Leon/Ronin) - lovely man, polite and grateful for good service.

Sharon Gless & Tyne Daly (Cagney & Lacey) - Sharon was lovely, Tyne was in a foul mood.

Noel Edmonds - chatty and amusing.

Damon Hill - stared at me for 20 mins as I didn't recognise him until I checked the pax list...flippant and full of himself.

Katie Price & Peter Andre - she's nice, he's a bit too "like me, please like me" for me to like him!

Passengered next to Phillip Schofield - even nicer than he appears. We spent most of the flight sniggering like kids about random stuff. I saw him a couple of months later and he waved and came over to say hello.:D

galanjal
31st Jul 2009, 14:07
Dwight York. Total tool of a guy, sat where he wanted and tutted when I asked him to move to his allocated seat. Surly, sulky man.

Tercarley
1st Aug 2009, 11:18
Gordon Brown
Rude and dismissive. No manners. Came down to speak to him and John Smith on the way to New York - just looked at me and turned away. My wife and daughter said you should have heard what they were talking about just before we landed. They were sitting just in front of them!!!!! And theyd both been upgraded as well. (John Smith and Gordon Brown that is)

Arthur Ashe - tennis player
Star man very chatty and pleasant.

The whole of the Status Quo
Didnt realise they were famous and on their way for an Ozzie tour - when they offered me free tickets for their Sydney show refused them politely. My children nearly killed me. We were on a Sydney posting at the time.

Clive James
Pleasant in cockpit apparently not as pleasant downstairs though.

Peter Sellers
As above!!!!

Tercarley
1st Aug 2009, 11:37
When I lived in Henley on Thames was always bumping into Philip Schofield in nthe Waitrose aisles. He even does the grocery shopping for his wife. Also Jeremy Paxman in the street there. Never saw him food shopping though.

Capetonian
2nd Aug 2009, 01:26
:E Trevor Manuel (ex-) Minister of Finance (South Africa). Arrogant prick, boarded a domestic flight at last minute, clicked his fingers at me and demanded my seat (1A) on the basis that he always books that seat. I told him he hadn't booked it this time and wasn't going to get it. At that point I didn't realise who he was, not that it would have made any difference if I'd known. Cabin crew later told me and said he was always like that. No wonder my tax went up.

:ok: Charlize Theron, lovely, down to earth, 'chick' from Benoni.

:E Michael Winner. Stood behind this bumptious pretentious fat little squirt whilst he tried to check on for a flight he'd missed.
"Do you know who I am?"
"Yes Mr Winner, and you've missed your flight".
Pax behind me : "What happened to your private jet then?"

:) Michael and Ralf Schumacher. Polite, formal, walked through F class cabin, greeted other pax, sat down and didn't expect any special attention throughout the flight.

Boris Becker (this is third hand information). Got onto a QF flight, told FA : "I don't sign autographs, don't talk to me unless I talk to you, and don't bring me anything except what I've asked for."
FA : "Right, Sir. And who might you be?"

Springer1
2nd Aug 2009, 04:22
Tony Curtis...had him on a short flight from LAS-LAX. Funny guy in his seventies, boarded in shorts with a huge cowboy hat. Hit on the lead FA who had no idea who he was.

Hobo
2nd Aug 2009, 05:18
Lenny Henry and Dawn French to Naples. Winged and complained the whole way.

Roger Cook (the investigative journalist) Barbados -London. Rude, arrogant complete PITA.

Eric Clapton to Milan, charming.

Pat Cash to Stockholm, charming.

aml125
2nd Aug 2009, 23:17
Further to #175 and the Michael Winner quote "Do you know who I am?". Years ago there was a lovely story of a celebrity going up to a ticket agent and asking the same question. The ticket agent replied "no sir, I do not but I will try and find out". Agent turns to colleague and says "this gentleman does not know who he is. Do you by any chance recognize him". I've always hoped it was a true story!

Tigger4Me
3rd Aug 2009, 07:44
aml125. Perhaps a grain of truth wrapped up in urban legend. There is another version that says it happened at the gate where the girl made a PA, "There is a gentleman at the gate who doesn't know who he is.If anyone recognises him and can help, will they please come forward."

roxette4
3rd Aug 2009, 08:30
Zac Effron in 4F was the best. So polite, and those eyes glisten as much in real life as they do in magazines!!!

ArthurBorges
3rd Aug 2009, 15:49
Variants of this sweetie of a story are standard classics. One I've seen has the Hero pushing to the head of the queue and demanding a boarding pass on a fully-booked flight. So the check-in agent tells him to stand in line like everyone else. Then comes the "Don't you who I am?" to which she calls out "There's a passenger here who can't remember his name -- Can anyone help?" ...To which our Hero retorts "F *©k you!" so without missing a beat she comes back ever so pleasantly with: "I'm sorry Sir, you'll have to stand in line for that too."

Symze
4th Aug 2009, 14:08
Was in first class recently and spotted Paul McCartney, couldn't resist walking up to him and shaking his hand. Expected the worst but he couldn't have been nicer, very polite and even pretended to care who I was and what I was doing in New York

Capetonian
4th Aug 2009, 14:27
I've heard similar about Paul McCartney, a true gentleman, however his ex-wife, that lovely Geordie :mad:, was a different story. I suppose that's what you get if you marry a woman who can't close her legs.

JetMender
4th Aug 2009, 18:45
Not really a celeb story and I'm not CC but a friend of ours who is, tells the story of Lord and Lady Sainsbury demanding an upgrade to 1st class.

CC told them,
"sir when I go to Sainsburys and buy mince I dont take it to customer services and expect it to be changed for steak and I would appreciate it if you were to follow the same principles"

aliki777
4th Aug 2009, 19:14
Ex Queen of Jordan, Noor
About a year ago from London to Amman.
Beautiful, modest, quiet, polite... A real Lady and what V.V.I.P passengers should be like! :ok:

Atishoo
4th Aug 2009, 22:04
i sat in front of jamie and louise redknapp. we were on an easyjet flight, normal pleb seats, no airs for them (unlike posh n becks) before we took off jamie had a chat with us, louise didnt say a word. they sat down and played computer games all the way.

when we were landing louise applied the make up (in case of paps ofcourse) they waited till last to get off cuz her dresses were in the cockpit so not to get creased. But they WERE meeting up with frank lampard on roman abranowhatevers yacht in sardinia. i saw it in hello following week. jamie was gorgeous mmm

NRU74
5th Aug 2009, 06:28
Capetonian,

For their first wedding anniversary Paul McCartney bought the 'lovely Geordie' a plane.
He bought her a Ladyshave for the other leg.

harper12
5th Aug 2009, 14:26
Been directed to this by a mate who is CC and thought I should share my experiences. We used to travel alot with my Dad's job so met a some interesting characters..

Before I start, I love CC. Travelled a few times on my own or with my siblings when were younger and they were always brilliant. Had the privalage of flying with Concorde and a lovely guy asked my Dad "Excuse me Sir, but does your son eat Caviar?" My Dad couldn't hold the laughter back, and the poor chap felt a bit offended (I was 8).

On the same flight Roger Daltrey was sat in the cockpit and kicked off when me and my brother were taken up to meet the Pilot. He played Scrooge in A Christmas Carol that Winter.

Met Barbara Windsor in the Virgin Lounge at LHR before flying to JFK and she was really nice, tiny though.

Rory McGrath called me a cnut when we were boarding (I had knocked him with my bagd by accident, again like 10), the lady CC meeting and greeting took my boarding pass, beemed a smile and she pointed to First, and looked at his and said she'll try not to bump into him when she visits Economy.

Glen Hoddle gave me a football shirt when we were picking our bags up at LHR in the early 1990s, I had annoyed him all flight about why he had left out my idol (Lee Dixon, Arsenal Defender) from his current squad (must have been 8/9 then too).

Blur were in FC with us when they were travelling over to try and break America, I dont remember but have a photo with Alex James and Graham Coxon, must have been 4, and they have turned out to be 2 of my heroes.

etsd0001
9th Aug 2009, 12:33
Many years ago before F1 grand prix stars had their own exec jets you'd see/meet them the departure lounge the day after a Grand Prix. I once boarded a BEA Trident with Ronnie Peterson, the winner of the previous days Italian Grand Prix, and watched trying to get his winner's trophy in the hatrack. It wasn't being done for effect he was just an ordinary person with his carry on baggage. Had a nice chat with him on the flight back to London.

Many, many years later saw the 'posh' woman from 'Birds of a Feather' boarding a VS flight to LAX and she was very much one of the DYKWIA brigade.

LowTime
26th Aug 2009, 02:57
I was working in outback South Australia at a very very small town called Parachilna not so long ago and the pleasure of taking Bryan Brown (Aussie Actor) and his two lovely daughters for a fly around in the ol Jetranger. Very pleasant guy and posed for photos in the pub afterwards.

Also had the privilege of having Mark Weber from F1 fame in the front with me. He had been attending the Aussie GP 500 at Phillip Island and for some reason the chopper he came in couldn't ferry him back to the local airfield to his plane. Very polite and asked a few techical questions on the way. Glad he has a few wins under his belt now. 2 top Aussie blokes :ok:

distracted cockroach
17th Sep 2009, 01:32
Had Iggy Pop visit the flight deck (back when you could) and he was hilarious.
Macy Gray was a complete airhead...or completely out of it...or both.
Peter Brock (RIP) Aussie car racing legend...absolute gentleman.
Scott Dixon (Indy 500 winner) and his wife (English 800m Olympian)...delightful and low key.
Dr Hook....great guys.
Haven't flown them myself, but Ossie and Sharon Osborne are supposed to be really nice.
Posh and Becks also have a good reputation with the airline they use to fly the Atlantic.
Was gutted that Bob Dylan slept for the entire flight...would have loved his autograph. Looked like he had had a very hard night!

Married a Canadian
20th Sep 2009, 01:25
MAC senior (ie my father) is visiting in Toronto at present and his screensaver mode on the laptop has a load of OLD pictures from his earlier days as a helicopter pilot on the North sea.
I was surprised to see one of Elizabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane from Dr Who..and now of course the "Sarah Jane adventures") standing next to my father in front of an S61 on some oil rig deck off the coast of Shetland. The logo on the picture was from a kids TV show called Merry go Round..which I am not old enough to remember. They were doing some offshore filming for this show.

MAC senior told me that she and the entire crew were the nicest people you could wish to meet (and she was well known at the time thanks to Dr Who) and were a pleasure to fly...asking questions and being genuinely interested. Probably difficult to act like a t*** on a helicopter...but still fond memories I am told.

Even better...once back on dry land she and the film crew took the pilots and ground crew out to the pub that evening (in Lerwick)..so no doubt some warm toasts were shared!

SeatbeltsFastened
24th Sep 2009, 00:00
A couple of C listers..

Just had that singer/DJ type bloke Calvin Harris onboard in Business Class. He was nice enough. His friend however was a tad too rude for my liking.

Had the British Olypmic Swimming Team on in Economy a while back. They were all nice. Rebecca Adlington was a touch off with the crew but i guessed it was more a shyness thing than anything else. Mark Foster was lovely though, really chatty.

The band Doves in Economy & all their roadies etc. The nicest people ever, really genuine.

Grant Nicholas from the band Feeder in Premium Economy. Very quiet chap, very polite. Signed autographs for fans & invited people to the gig he was flying out to.

No megastars yet though.

justlime
24th Sep 2009, 03:53
Great thread. Robbie Coltrane a few years ago to EDI. V charming and funny man.

capeverde2008
25th Sep 2009, 19:57
Obviously (for legal reasons! ;-) these are 'alleged' incidents of 'nice' or otherwise pax. Based on many years exp!

Cilla Black...WTF...in the 80's BA747 (Classic, then) config. being sat in F/C seats 5+6 J/K. Seat rows 1-4 were like '90's config. In those days they had an extra 4 F/C seats on the right behind the F/C galley and next to the loos (Aft of D1R). (usually loads were poor in those days, so seniour crew used to sit in them to do the voyage reports/paperwork/puff on a ciggy and maybe a F/C beverage or 10!) plus a long snooze. However this flight from X to X was full and 'madame' above got sat there....before she sat down...the 'alleged' lines were "I ain't sittin there next tae the **** house". She travelled in said seats as there was N.O.O! (Maybe No Other Option?).

Bryan Adams (Sp?) (musician) allegedly ;-) in early 90's from TPE-HKG, only him and his 3 others entourage in F/C. Came downstairs for a walk-around as flt well empty. Got chattin' to B.A. (didn't know who he was) and as I was walking round he threw a bread roll at me; which I threw back to much amusement. He then lunged at me and gave me the best snog I've had (ever) from a pax and said let's go and raid the kitchen (F/C galley). So we made our choice from the ovens and I came back and sat next to him in 4b to eat a main course later. All he wanted to know TBH was where I got my hair cut. He shook my hand when he got off at HKG and when I saw him after that on telly/vid, he'd got a 'flat-top' haircut like I'd had...hehe! (Well it was the early 90's guys & gals!).

Princess Margaret (GRHS) (Maybe God Rest Her Soul?!). LHR-IAD upgraded with her Lady-in-Waiting and two fellow 'pals' of hers from 'J' to 'F'; all, again allegedly...those lawyers abound!

Headphones on from boarding to 1A, Lady-in-Waiting in 1B, friends in 1J&K. According to CC, totally 'bonkers' circa early 90's. Couldn't stand cabin announcements interrupting her personal vid player showing Naked Gun 33/and a third. Wouldn't accept 'premium' Scotch from F/C (She used to have loaded a personal bottle of Famous Grouse in the 80's allegedly), so she opted for 'y' class JW Red label. On asking her her how her flight was going on a walkaround...she said "The green beans were amazing". WTF? I just nodded my head and walked off to the next row (of normalty?).

Courtney Love & alive'then'b/f'Curt Cobain,baby & entourage). LHR-BGI. Allegedly (WTF) those lawyers again...!!!?? 90's.

C.C. from boarding at LHR until wheelchair removal at BGI was not cogniscent. Maybe not liquid drugs? C.L. asked after F/C meal service if she could borrow the grape scissors, which used to come out on the service trolley to cut the grapes served out of the ice bowl. (for culinary officionados; the grape 'blooms', i.e. natural grey matter on the grapes straight from harvest cause enourmous 'farting' unless washed or the 'bloom' is semi-frozen in an iced-water bowl)...how is that for an explanation?

C.L. Had her request met (grape scissors) only for the CC to see her remove C.C.'s socks and embark on cutting his toenails while horizontal and incognicent as to the actions). At the same time as this was in 'awe' action by the C.C., C.L. asked the crew if they could take her baby for a minute, which they duly did. C.L. then passed out until landing in BGI and C.L. duly asked on landing "did my baby vomit"? Of which the reply was, YES, all over the galley floor. The reply was, "geez you guys are great" as the crew arranged a D1R private 'wheelchair' exit for the party.

Had enough for tonight....just some blasts from the past for your amusement...bemusement....allegedly!

:ok:

galanjal
12th Oct 2009, 10:26
olivia newton john a couple of days ago, very polite and unassuming. thanked crew for a pleasant flight. like most celebs in the flesh, she is teeny, tiny!

nosefirsteverytime
21st Oct 2009, 20:59
Eep, looks like we (ye)'ve been smoked!

Flying with Celebs!! (could be a new tv show) (http://www.dublins98.ie/uncategorized/flying-with-celebs-could-be-a-new-tv-show/)

This place's been recommended by a Dublin radio jock.

Expect a lot of outsider queries :hmm:

One of my favourite websites has to be PPrune. Its a site that is really for professional pilots to see current news, exchange some views and in some cases have a laugh. I have many friends who are pilots and I fly helicopters myself. Actually Ive been told by a pilot or 2 that helicopters are the ‘devils chariot’ !!! Im sure it was all in jest!

Anyway yesterday I was killing time and I came across this great thread all about celebs and their flying habits. Who is the nicest, and who is down right rude!

There are the usual A-listers, then the ones who think they are somebody, and we have coined the phrase DUKWIA? Do you know who I am???????????? Ugh I hate those. Sometime I come into those ‘celebs’ at an event, but we’re talking about flying here.

So have a look at this thread, it well worth a read if your into star spotting and see what they are like in real life……The one part that amazed me the most from reading this was, for all her blind date and surprise surprise etc, Cilla Black is one serious wench!

Dont take my word for it, have a read for yourself.

Some of the comments include:

Heather Mills – Same flight as above….she was complete opposite.
Jodi Kidd – Pleasant
Liv tyler – So nice!
Kel from Kath and Kim – Was lovely!
Graham Norton – Really nice guy
Sophie Dahl – Really nice lady
Princess Beartrice – Very nice
Freddie Ljungberg – Bit precious..still gorgeous..although the precisousness was more from his PA..Why do the PA`s always think they are the important ones?
Samantha Fox – Nice

Alan Rickman – Very camp
Paul Young – very nice
Andy and Vince (Erasure) – Andy so nice/Vince, so quiet
Phil Collins – Grumpy
Elaine Page – Trying to be a Diva
Shirley Bassey -
Ant & Dec – fab help with the main meals
Andy Peters – makes a nice brew
Frank Bruno – What you see is what you get – Top guy and soooo polite
Big yin – OK
Prince Andrew – Nice Guy
Stephen Fry – Hilarious!
Jamie Oliver – Dude

The full thread can be seen at:

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/300180-who-your-nicest-celebs.html

Enjoy the influx people :)

Flightwatch
22nd Oct 2009, 07:30
Just a few from the past.

Paul and Linda McCartney plus children LHR-NAS, Mrs. FW coming along for a 5 day slip sat next to Stella then a late teenager. A more pleasant normal family would be hard to meet, Paul brought his young son up to the flightdeck for a look-see and chatted for an hour or so. Stella only got upset on arrival at the thought of the paparazzi waiting for them, the one thing she hated she said. Paul came upstairs again after landing to thank us for the flight and showing his son the flightdeck– superstar.

Tina Turner, LHR-LAX in F/C. Sat on the floor for several hours playing with a baby also traveling in F/C, charming and entirely without airs and graces.

Princess Anne, picked her up in UVF when she was returning from an IOC committee meeting in CCS, slept the whole way back home and was quiet undemanding and unassuming.

Tommy Cooper in the 70s often used to take the last flight up to MAN from LHR, was funny as hell until he lapsed into a coma and was usually poured off the aircraft last on arrival.

The only horror stories were two of the usual suspects, Cilla and Julie Goodyear (Bet Lynch in Corrie) the latter believing she should be treated as a top A lister.

glider12000
22nd Oct 2009, 15:21
Kelly Rowland - Was lovely. She slept for a lot of the flight as she had flown in from LAX and we were taking her on to her final destination, but happily posed for pictures with the crew. Very down to earth and stunningly beautiful.

Boris Johnson - I brought him and his family home from a sailing holiday in Turkey and had them on the flight. They are all extremely affable and the captain happened to notice a piece in the newspaper about him. He happily signed it for him. His wife and children were all fantastic also.

David Seaman - He sat chatting to me whilst the aircraft boarded. Extremely chatty with all of the other passengers sat next to him.

Bruce Grobbellaar - I had him on-board, he was very quiet, and as a big Liverpool fan I could barely speak to him!

George Galloway - Very chatty and was happy to speak to all of the crew, and invited the Purser to visit the Houses of Parliament as his guest.

galanjal
1st Nov 2009, 06:23
Ted Danson from Geneva the other day. Real gentleman, very polite and friendly. A class act!

joeflyguy
1st Nov 2009, 22:05
Eric Clapton – A legend and a hell of a nice guy. Gave the entire crew comps for them and their family to his concert

Billy Ray Cyrus – A true gentleman. Blew me away with his humility and manners. When I greeted him at the door of the Premium cabin as Mr Cyrus, he extended his hand and stated “Nice to meet you sir, please call me Billy Ray”. Humble, courteous and appreciative of everything done for him.

Def Leopard – Great bunch of nice ordinary guys. Invited me to sit down and dine with them in First Class as they were the only pax in there and didn’t like to feel they were being waited on.

Richard Dean Anderson (MacGyver TV show) – At the height of his career and many of the kids saw he was onboard and asking crew for autographs. Approached him very quietly when he was sitting in seat and not disturbing a book or movie and politely stated that many young fans were down back asking if any chance of autographs. He rightly said this was his time and wont do any, but was spat out as “this is my time – NO”

Xanana Gusmao (President and Freedom Fighter from East Timor) – Humble man and amazing “presence”. Was almost in tears meeting and speaking with him.

Thai Royal Family – Carried the Princess and her children and staff (Booked out FC) and she was beyond delightful and respectful. I politely introduced myself and asked if the young Princes and Princesses would like a beverage. One of the young boys asked “May I have a Coke” and she corrected him and he asked “May I have a Coke please Sir”. Now she had class in bucket loads.

Anastasia – Slept nearly the whole 13 hour flight but very nice and undemanding.

Have always been some that do the “I don’t talk to the help” gig but by and large the vast majority have been lovely and appreciative of the service.

ottergirl
15th Nov 2009, 19:16
Many over the years - most memorable for loveliness are
Andre Previn in First asking me who the gentleman on the other side was because he had been asked for even more autographs than him - it was George Michael and Mr Previn hadn't heard of him!
Rik Mayall sat on a jumpseat chatting across the atlantic.
Cliff Richard and his leather trousers v. charming.
George Michael (again) asking for seconds - likes airline food apparently.
Tom Jones and missus - tiny folk.
Rowan Atkinson - funniest face even when he's just sat thinking.
Steven Fry, charming and unassuming
Duchess of Kent - most gracious when crewmember thought he knew her!

and for other reasons:-
Sir Bob - his assistant has to speak for him as he can't be bothered
Lisa Minelli and David Guest on their honeymoon - most bizarre behaviour
Corrie 'star' no-one recognised who desperately wanted to give someone an autograph
The Daily Star topless models who crowded into the cockpit and gave the FO the happiest day of his life!

airtimegrl11
17th Nov 2009, 08:36
jimmy carr also - with his girlfriend/wife

glitzy-luc
17th Nov 2009, 15:29
A friend of mine who use to work for Virgin blue would fly the national rubgy league teams alot and said they where always quite rowdy!!!Im surprised more of the aus cabin crew havnt mentioned more on them..sure they would be quite entertaining!

Runway 31
29th Nov 2009, 10:45
Half a page of this thread in the Mail on Sunday.

Mike48
9th Dec 2009, 09:48
I have told this story on another forum so apologies for posting it here but it is airline related and may be of interest.

In the early 1980s I took a Cook's escorted tour around the southern states of the US. Also on the holiday as punters were the actress Thora Hird and her husband. Thora, either in her 60s or early 70s, was recovering from a hip op and walked with a stick as a result. Her husband was not in the best of health either.

All on the holiday knew who she was but she mucked in with everyone and never once did she play the star or seek advantage.

When we were due to return from Atlanta to Gatwick, the aicraft we were supposed to be on was delayed considerably by snow and ice in the UK. We waited a long time at Atlanta airport but were eventually transferred to another aircraft. By that time everyone was very tired and fed-up.

As we went on board, the CC recognised Thora and offered her a complimentary upgrade to first class. She declined, saying she would prefer to sit with ''her friends'' in steerage. The reality was they were only fellow travellers who she was most unlikely ever to meet again. What a fine actress she was and a wonderful person who was untouched by her celebrity status.

AirWasp
7th Feb 2010, 07:41
:) The Good :- Tom Hulce (Animal House, Aamadeus), Stephen Fry, Mel Smith, Mel Gibson, Robin Williams ..

:uhoh: The Bad :- Nigel Havers, Cilla Black, Simon Calder .....

:O The Beatiful :- Claudia Schiffer (VS Clubhouse JFK), Peter Andre (VS Clubhouse LHR - signed everything put in front of him and even took his shirt off to pose for photos with staff)

Tom Hulce was on a VS flight LHR-LAX some years ago, I was also onboard (courtesy of staff travel) he asked for a Coke and of course was offered the 'in-house' brand ... he reluctantly accepted then asked if they had a diet one .. I glanced across, looked up and down his substantially increasing girth and commented "Diet ... isn't that a bit late Tom ?"

I had visions of him taking umbridge and reporting me thus relieving me of my flying privileges, however he burst out laughing and we sat, chatted and drank (lots) for the remainder of the flight ... we even exchanged emails for a while afterwards .... solid gold chap ...:D

LHRFLYGUY
10th Feb 2010, 20:06
My faith in Celeb attitude on board has been restored. Sir Ian Botham was a true gent. Please and thank you'd the whole flight ... and no, I didn't try serving him Shredded Wheat for breakfast :D

LHRFLYGUY
10th Feb 2010, 20:23
A few years ago I served Shirley Bassey. ( in a restaurant )
Could not look me in the eye and only spoke through PA. The PA ordered our mega fajita (enough for four), nachos as a main ie large plate and a low calorie option chicken salad?
Thinking the meal was to share, I place the items in the middle .... PA hissed and snatched the salad and said "that ones mine"... the rest was for Missy !!!!
I watched in absolute amazment as she polished the lot :}

Elle Macpherson will only speak french? why?

Cate Blanchett didn't have a stitch of makeup on and was still porcelain! super polite and was so impressed how she took care of her kids for the entire flight ... Nanny on the other hand was the closest to what I imagine Hitler to be like .. but with a bad frock :p

BAAlltheway
16th Feb 2010, 11:55
I met a fair few in my time at LGW. Good, bad and ugly!

My very favourate of all time was Richard Briers (from The Good Life). A TOTAL sweety.
Also very impressed by Sean Connery who held up then plane as he insisted on carrying some random old dear's handbaggage to her flight for her, in the opposite direction to his boarding gate. He also had an amazing aura about him.
Stephen Fry was HUGELY tall, quite shy but really sweet and self deprecating.
Johnny Depp was short, greasy, spotty and kind of yellow. Most disappointing.
Pete Poslethwaite and Mike Reid (comedian), took the prizes for most foul, bad tempered and rude (and both short).
Alice Beer threw a hissy fit demanding an U/G on account for how famous she was meaning she deserved one, but we all pretended not to know who she was, as she had been conducting a hate campaign on TV about our airline for months.
Jamie Baulch (athlete), also demanded that he needed an upgrade. I sent him to the ticket desk to pay for one.
Robbie Williams was tbh very cocky, and kept trying to pull all the women like he was gods gift.
Charles Kennedy (ex Lib Dem leader), i saw regularly, turned up late for most flights, completely sozzled, and extremely rude. From the "dont you know who i am, i'm going to get you fired" school of fame. Strangely, i'm still working there, and promoted, and umm... he is no longer leader. Odd that.
There are others, but i won't bore you!!

timzsta
27th Feb 2010, 17:20
Once worked on check in for a lo-co at STN. Checked in the then West Ham Squad going for a weekends golf in Spain. They were all great fun, signed blank boarding cards etc for those who wanted autographs. Run up to world cup, much debate in media as to whether Joe Cole would get a place in the England squad. I asked him if he had left the answerphone on at home, which he thought was funny :)

galanjal
1st May 2010, 11:32
Kate Middleton, so low key we didn't realise who she was until she had got off. A crew member actually asked her if she was related to Kate Middleton!! lol

Capetonian
1st May 2010, 11:50
Robbie Williams was tbh very cocky, and kept trying to pull all the women like he was gods gift.

I happened to see him once in an airport Business Class lounge and he was sitting quietly reading a magazine and not drawing any attention to himself.

I heard a lovely story about how he went back into the cattle class section of a BA European flight and chatted to all the pax and signed autographs for the duration of the flight. No doubt there were a lot of young women on board but still, if true, it reflects a different side to him.

He went up in my estimation when I read that once when in a fancy St. Tropez restaurant he punched a rude, arrogant French waiter. (I know the words rude and arrogant are redundant in this context!)

M.Mouse
1st May 2010, 12:07
I was a fairly new first officer flying a B737-200 LHR-Rome. Joanna Lumley was on board and the captain invited her to visit the flight deck. She did and stayed for landing. She was charm personified.

The late Frances Shand-Kydd, mother of the late Princess of Wales, again charming.

Michael Palin, very pleasant and unassuming gentleman.

Ted Danson, very friendly and down to earth.

We had a delayed departure out of Miami (I think) one evening on a B777 and we had a request from a Jimmy Nail who was travelling in Club who wanted a window seat when the only one left was the flight crew rest seat. We would have swapped it anyway but sent a message back that it was a deal if he would come and say hello. He did and spent 30+ minutes chatting, a very entertaining guy with feet firmly on the ground. Broad Geordie accent despite not having lived in Newcastle for many years.

The above few stand out from many and I won't mention the unpleasant ones. I have always been amazed at the ludicrous, pompous affectation of the few famous people who do not communicate directly with others. It says one thing very loudly and that is that they have a complete lack of breeding and manners.

bugdriver
2nd May 2010, 17:39
This from my Father who was a Customer Service Manager at a small airport in Canada...

Bill Cosby, back many years ago after doing a show the night before, had a friendly chat and realising that the box of cuban cigars he had were illegal in the states gave them to my Father. We had that cigar box for years.

Myself, a heli plot in the caribbean, flew Caprice on a tour, very nice. Also assisted with a tour that Vanessa Williams took to celebrate her new boyfriend's (Rick Fox, later husband) birthday. Very nice. Beautiful and her green eyes just unbelievable!

bmi goldenboy
2nd May 2010, 18:21
I'm SLF not crew so hope you don't mind me commenting...

The most enjoyable flight I've ever had was in Feb this year on BD GLA-LHR when Robbie Coltrane sat himself next to me, well next but one (thank you DC Gold seat block). He's an absolute gem of a guy, we laughed and joked all the way from the moment he sat down to us walking towards arrivals in LHR. Very open, totally genuine, down to earth and incredibly funny.

At the opposite end of the scale, Robert Carlisle. As grumpy and he is short.

dutch flyer
8th May 2010, 11:44
On my rotation FRA-LAX-FRA i had Robert Downey jr., 50 Cents and Rihanna on board.
The 2 men are very freindly without any special wishes,more or less invinsible:ok: Rihanna on the other hand, was to mean to pay 1st class but had only 1st class wishes, is a spoiled child. She was very upset not getting a upgrate to 1st :ugh:so she told us never to fly LH again (as if i never had heard such a statement before):{.
I can do witout any celebs.

AutoAbort
8th May 2010, 21:35
Flight from Manchester to Copenhagen.
I asked the cabin crew what the noise from galley was? Oh it's Westlife singing for us, she said. Who is Westlife?
Later when I got home my kids almost strangled me for not getting their autographs.

Capetonian
10th May 2010, 09:59
Grace Jones - I met her in the Senator Lounge at FRA - she asked me if I knew how to use the massage chairs as I was just about to get on one. I didn't realise who she was until I heard the lady with her address her as 'Grace', then the penny dropped. I offered her first use of the massager, and she declined.

She's a bit scary looking but she is charm personified, very dignified and quiet. She must have been in her mid fifties then, she looked about 40.

pinktrolley
16th May 2010, 19:37
Steffi Graff and Andre Agassi: lovely couple.
Colin Firth: very nice gentleman.
David and Victoria Beckham: he is a sweet, she is... errr, just posh and skinny
Placido Domingo (opera singer): very chatty and kind

In the other hand....

Geri Halliwell: I hope NOT to see her EVER AGAIN. Abrupt, demanding and no manners at all... The nanny was very nice though.

pinktrolley
16th May 2010, 19:59
Just remembered a story from a ex-PANAM colleague, ground staff at LHR.

Elton John and Stevie Wonder were on the same Pan Am flight from LHR, Stevie with a 1A boarding pass and Elton John with an aisle seat. Elton John approached one of the Gate agents before boarding and asked her:

"Miss, I requested a window seat but it seems that the plane is already full... would you mind changing my seat for Stevie´s seat number? He won´t notice anyway..."

:eek:

oldbird
17th May 2010, 00:11
Geri Halliwell: I hope NOT to see her EVER AGAIN. Abrupt, demanding and no manners at all... The nanny was very nice though.

She must have been having an off day. I thought she was lovely.

RedhillPhil
17th May 2010, 13:11
Yes, I've dealt with Gerri Halliwell and found her to be rather "normal". Now, Nina Simone, there was someone who was a handfull.

Lucky747
18th May 2010, 13:37
Gerard Butler,

had the pleasure of meeting him on a Virgin Atlantic flight to LAX last month, what a nice man, was very friendly and chatty. A real pleasure to talk with.

timmcat
20th May 2010, 12:35
Saw this thread (there's been quite a few over the years but still a good read) and my first thought was how far back I would have to go before I found Cilla Black being mentioned in a less than complimentary manner.

It wasnt very far at all... :hmm:

D O Guerrero
21st May 2010, 10:01
But Victoria Beckham isn't posh.... She's as common as dog muck.

Quadrant
22nd May 2010, 18:20
Francois Pinaar - helped me put my handbaggage in the overhead locker on a flight from London to Sydney as I couldn't reach - very quiet lovely eyes, didn't realise who he was until the passenger next to me told me.

bucky1
14th Jun 2010, 02:24
By far, my nicest celeb has been Layne Beachley (women's world champion surfer), and she is absolutely gorgeous in real life. A true gem.

Mark Richardson (also a former world champion surfer), was fantastic, and really loves a chat.

Danny Green (Australian boxer) was a top bloke and has a very hot looking wife.

Dick Smith (Australian aviator), was great to have on board and is delightful, very charming and friendly.

Paris Hilton...very sweet, a real pleasure, has a big appetite

Smokey Robinson with his wife and daughter...really lovely people

Neneh Cherry...amazing, will never forget that she gave up her first class seat and let the nanny sit there instead

Cliff Richard...an absolute hoot!

On the other hand, Lara Bingle is a cow. Threw a tantrum when she wasn't upgraded, then proceeded to put a blanket over her head and grunt from underneath it on a Honolulu to Sydney flight. Consequently, I felt no sympathy for her at all during her recent broken engagement....:}

irishmanc
24th Jun 2010, 04:32
I agree with your comments about so-called celebs - having lost my own dear mother in my native Dublin Ireland last June (I live in Manchester UK) it is clear that clothes and status do not make a lady or gent if they do not have the manners to go with it xxx

runway 25
26th Jun 2010, 00:55
Cate Blanchett - SYD-LAX, was cold and not friendly at all, according to pax seated around her, snored and farted the entire flight.

Pete Wentz - lovey, polite, and very low key.

galanjal
27th Jun 2010, 17:47
a friend has reminded me of another celeb encounter that I have not included! can't believe I havn't but here goes!
Sade was a regular on our flights to Jamaica and was always accompanied by her beautiful daughter. It seemed every flight I operated to Jamaica Sade and her daughter were onboard and so it seemed to them too because one day Sade said 'my daughter thinks you actually live on this plane'. I played along and later pointed out the wardrobe and told the daughter that was where I slept! she was wide eyed and grinned with a 'I told you Mum' kind of thing! Sade giggled and squeezed my hand when they got off.
Never any airs, another class act!

Effohh
27th Jun 2010, 18:46
Kylie - absolutley charming, gracious, not to mention perfectly proportioned! She even made both of us up front a cup of tea. :ok:

Betty girl
15th Jul 2010, 18:21
Not Nice :-

Naomi Campbell - Nightmare. Would not turn phone off or stow her
handbaggage.
Bob Geldoff - Rude and insisted on being met by special services-
a real man of the people!!!

Nice people :-

Ant & Dec - Charming and polite.
Jerry Hall - Lovely.
Boy George - Very nice,
Melanie Chisholm (sporty spice) - Very normal and nice.
Hellen Mirren - Charming.
Keanu Reeves - Handsom and nice.
Gordon Brown - Charming.
Sven Goran Erricson - Charming and strangly attractive !!!!

st7860
15th Jul 2010, 18:25
gordon brown flies commercial? not blair force one?

Evanelpus
15th Jul 2010, 19:53
gordon brown flies commercial? not blair force one?

Not anymore he doesn't. Have you been in a time warp?

cavortingcheetah
15th Jul 2010, 21:00
As far as I can see in flying the fleeing scot hasn't flown since he flew the coop.

Betty girl
16th Jul 2010, 07:39
When I carried Gordon Brown as pax he was still the Chancellor. He was travelling alone without an aid and very polite and charming to talk to.

bizdev
16th Jul 2010, 10:10
A few years ago I had to travel up to Manchester Airport for a meeting to negotiate a maintenanance contract with a new customer.

The new customer was Laker Airways Mk2 (based out of Florida) - I was expecting to meet up with their Maintenance Manager and Lawyer - I did not expect Sir Freddie to be in attendance, but he was, and spent all day in the meeting - an absolutely charming and charismatic man.

At the end of the meeting I asked Freddie if I could have one of his business cards, as "my wife will not believe me when I tell her I have spent all day with Freddie Laker".

On hearing that, he said "I can do better than a business card" and whipped out of his brief case a large glossy photo which showed him pictured in front of one of his DC10's and said "what is your wife's name?".

I told him, and he wrote on the back of the photo "XXXX always believe what your husband tells you" and signed it.

Absolute legend.

bizdev

lucavigg
30th Jul 2010, 15:36
Paris Hilton......, has a big appetite

Aint that the truth!

sprocky_ger
30th Jul 2010, 19:26
I told him, and he wrote on the back of the photo "XXXX always believe what your husband tells you" and signed it.

I definetely need a photo signed like yours :E

Capetonian
11th Aug 2010, 06:52
Celebrities at Heathrow Airport: Dennis Stone photography - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/picturegalleries/7936336/Celebrities-at-Heathrow-Airport-Dennis-Stone-photography.html)

Some interesting comments here. I note that none of the 'nasties' get mention.

Tiramisu
11th Aug 2010, 22:58
Richard Nixon-Charming. They kept addresing him as 'The President' back in 1984!
(Gave me an autograph, any bidders?http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/tongue.gif)

Rudolf Nuryev-Very pleasant, drank champagne througout the whole flight. This was also back in '84. (Another autograph in my collection)

Yehudi Menuhin-Absolutely charming, had a long chat with him on a flight to Athens. My favourite celebrity.
Wrote a lovely note for me which I still have.

Georg Solti-Also very charming and lovely to chat to.
Gave me an autograph for a friend who is a classical music critic.

Peter Ustinov-An amazing man, absolutely delightful and loved BA. His wife Diana was also really lovely. Another favourite celebrity of mine.

David Puttnam-A lovely and gracious man. Told him I had his autobiograpy and asked if I had it with me so he could sign it.

Buzz Aldrin- What a nice man! Took time to talk to all the crew and gave everyone an an autograph!

Cliff Richard-Nice man who also loves BA. Always happy to sign autographs for all the crew.

Tina Turner-A very private lady. Very polite lady, does not look at anyone and avoided eye contact most of the time. Looks wise, simply the best for her age!

Kenny Everett- Very very funny! I could not look at him whilst doing the safety demonstration, he kept making me laugh!

Gary Linekar-In his heyday, he actually came on board with his wife and the first thing he said was no autographs please. None of us had asked or wanted one from him as it happens!

Ewan McGregor-Very pleasant. He was sat in Club and wife sat in economy yet didn't ask to upgrade her.

Cuba Gooding Jr.- Charming and very polite.

Billy Conolly-Very, very nice and funny of course!

Chrissie Hynde-Average, not chatty or interested in talking to the crew.

Richard Branson- Very attentive to the crew but loves himself!

Gary Barlow of Take That- Rude and full of himself. That was a while back though.

Jenson Button- Nice chatty and handsome!

Jane Asher-Was sat in Club Europe with some of her children and mum but cheekily upgraded the other two from Economy to Club without asking! Very cheeky!

Naomi Campbell-I'll speak as I find, this was a few years ago. Absolutely charming and polite!

Lots more like Albert Roux, Michel Roux, Brian May from Queen and Anita Dobson and others very nice.
Oh yes, James Martin the chef-b***y miserable!

Can't mention 'senior' royalty, but absolutely charming!

dubh12000
12th Aug 2010, 06:50
@Tiramisu, protocall is to keep refering to an ex US Presidents still as "Mr President", Clinton, for example, would still be introduced as "President Clinton".

Dolores O Riordan's child managed to vomit on me once going from LHR to Shannon. I don't think I ever flew with anyone else famous(ish).

galanjal
31st May 2011, 11:32
Alan Carr the other day. Very friendly, quiet and unassuming. A real gentleman actually

Fliegenmong
2nd Jun 2011, 09:26
Met Cynthia Payne when I had only a vague idea of who she was, lunch tickets and kinky tory pollies, but she was lovely, have a photo somewhere, a very young Fliegs indeed, Hertfordshire, St Albans maybe....

mjo84
4th Jun 2011, 12:08
ZACH EFRON- Engaging, personable and signed an autograph. Those eyes do glimmer so much more in real life. True gentleman!

Mimpe
4th Jun 2011, 12:51
BelArg
Thats a great Katherine Hepburn story

Winning Post!

vctenderness
15th Jun 2011, 11:42
Cilla Black - The absolute b***h from hell!

Mick Hucknell - Her male twin.

Julie Andrews - Wonderful, warm and friendly

Blake Edwards (Pink Panther) her husband - Not!

Bill Wyman - Nice bloke

Mick Jagger - Short bloke.

Prince Edward - Nice lad

Prince - Mad lad

Paul McCartney - Really ordinary, nice bloke.

Heather Mills - Really extraordinary not nice bird.

John Prescott - Ignorant pig trying to out do Cilla but with less charm.

Anne Robinson - Not at all like her screen persona

CornishFlyer
15th Jun 2011, 14:30
Cilla Black- As stated before-rude and ignorant even though she appears as nice as pie (as on Loose Women today).

Bryan Adams- Couldn't be nicer. Came into the galley and had a chat and even gave me a high five as he left the a/c. Top bloke!

Michael McIntyre- Really nice. Struggling with his travel sick children but was still cracking jokes to his fellow pax in the terminal. Lovely.

Ronnie Corbett- Also very nice. Chatty and jokey.

There are quite a few others but these were the ones that stand out the most

HenryJosie
16th Jun 2011, 00:24
Hmmm

Worst ever pax ( not even just in celeb category!!
Bob geldoff ... Vile piece of humanity an absolute c***

Ralph finnes ... Vile
Ben Kingsley... Hmm mr Kingsley would you like a drink ... It's sir Ben if you don't mind! ( well actually I do and think you are a t**$*$)
Gorden brown

Good celebs

Dec ... Absolutely charming
Lady thatcher... No iron lady there
Lady Helen Taylor(royalty) couldn't be nicer
Boy george ..pissed but very nice.
Boris Becker.. Prob nicest celeb
Liam gallegar.. Slept all the way!

TightSlot
16th Jun 2011, 05:33
An opinion somewhat devalued by the fact that you can apparently spell c*** correctly but can neither capitalise letters when typing nor spell accurately the names of those you profess to despise. One can only assume that the feelings were mutual.

Please try and do better than this people... You can raise your game a little, really, you can.

Betty girl
16th Jun 2011, 07:45
I have to agree about Bob Geldof. I carried him on one of my flights and he just grunted answers, no eye contact at all and no please or thank you. He basically treated the cabin crew worse than a servant, as if we were the lowest of the low because we were serving him. Shame.

I have also carried Gordon Brown and I found him to be a very charming polite man who did not want much but was always smiley and pleasant.