PDA

View Full Version : who are your nicest celebs?

Pages : 1 [2]

vctenderness
16th Jun 2011, 09:36
I have also carried Gordon Brown and I found him to be a very charming polite man who did not want much but was always smiley and pleasant.

Must have been during an election then:E

Betty girl
16th Jun 2011, 12:02
No VCT,
It was not during an election.

People seem to like to portray Gordon as being serious but when you actually chat to him, he has a lovely smile and manner.

The media used to portray John Major as being GREY but speak to any cabin crew that have carried him as a passenger and you will hear how friendly and chatty he was too.

Dawdler
16th Jun 2011, 14:34
People seem to like to portray Gordon as being serious but when you actually chat to him, he has a lovely smile and manner.

Ah! But how did he describe you to his assistant later?;)

787Heaven
16th Jun 2011, 16:24
Z lister Mike Brewer (Yes i know who the hell is that) TV presenter on Auto Programmes such as Deals on Wheels, 5th Gear. Got on with his family, helped himself to all the spare blankets and sat there with a face like a slapped a*** all flight. No please, no thankyou in fact he was darn right hostile when i asked him if he wanted drinks, and then was even ruder when i assumed he didnt want any and demanded them.

Also met Dave Lamb, the narrator of Come Dine With Me very recently, a thoroughly nice bloke, kept himself to himself and was very humble when we asked him about the show!

galanjal
28th Nov 2011, 12:07
Nigel Slater. What a lovely guy, very chatty and seemed geuinly pleased when I said I love all his books and tv shows

ilesmark
28th Nov 2011, 15:09
So these are the nice celebs.

What about some examples of ones at the opposite end of the niceness spectrum????

galanjal
29th Nov 2011, 08:14
ilesmark, scroll through the pages, most posts are about the not so nice! Quite a few names make repeat appearances!

vctenderness
29th Nov 2011, 09:31
ilesmark, scroll through the pages, most posts are about the not so nice! Quite a few names make repeat appearances!

Surprise, Surprise......A lorra, lorra laughs - NOT!!!

The nastiest person I have ever met on or off an aircraft as mentioned in previous threads.

If anyone can post a good story about her I will eat my (very old) BOAC hat!:ok:

R2jumpseat
3rd Dec 2011, 01:35
Justin Timberlake - really nice and approachable, came down in the galley and had a chat with the crew. Really cute also...:}
Rihanna - had her sunglasses on throughout the flight, did not address any words to anybody. Bit uptight..
Robin Sharma (the author) wrote all flight in his Moleskine, chatted a bit and promised to send me his latest book. Never happened. :sad:
Dr Muhammad Yunus the winner of Nobel peace price, extremely nice and kind to everybody.

EKA380LHR
9th Dec 2011, 06:57
Nicest - Ronnie Wood of the Rolling Stones: Asked me to go to the pub with him & his whole family!!

Genuin nice guy - Brian May - I was STARSTUCK!!!

Pain in the arse - Deniro - Wouldn't even get out the car expected me to go out and check him in out in the rain!!!!

Basil
11th Dec 2011, 21:42
Ronnie Barker (d 2005) and Barry Sheene (d 2003) were very agreeable gentlemen.
I recollect being disappointed by a rock singer who, with her black leather, biker persona I thought I'd like; turned out to be a bit of a nutter - not an amusing nutter, rather more a PITA nutter :uhoh:
Oh, yes, travelling pax in 1st one day observed v. famous London stage singer - far canal! Should have gone in the muesli!

My daughters would love to have the CC opportunities to meet our celebs; would I? Hmm, not so sure.

DownIn3Green
12th Dec 2011, 05:10
I agree with Ronnie Wood...Had the Stones on a Euro Charter in the 90's on our 727...He visited the cockpit many hour and actually asked intelligent questions, etc...They were all nice but he was the best...

The girls got back-stage passes and tour jackets...we got "Thank You's"...Oh well...

Pull what
15th Dec 2011, 18:09
If anyone can post a good story about her I will eat my (very old) BOAC hat!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

I can-she is not on TV anymore, Chuck. Try eating it with plenty of ketchup

jumpseatR4
16th Dec 2011, 10:09
Michael Cane - such a LOVELY man! Flew him to Venice for the film festival and he came into the galley and had a chat with us and was just so lovely.

Ludacris - The most hideous man ever! Flew him and his ENTOURAGE to Atlanta. Sat in his sunglasses and thought that clicking his fingers at me would get my attention...think again!!

Beyonce - Sooo lovely! Flew her to London from Houston and she was such a lovely person. Had her entourage again in First, but she was just so cool, calm and collected and was more than happy to just talk!

It amazing the way some celebs think they can treat you lol...

stevep64
17th Dec 2011, 07:34
It seems Alan Davies isn't a favourite of one QF CC, if this story is anything to go by Alan Davies tweets alleged Qantas insult | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/alan-davies-tweets-qantas-insult/story-e6frfq80-1226224699953)

787Heaven
17th Dec 2011, 16:20
Ahem. Having had Alan Davies on a flight i can safely say that i really do not believe he was the poor victim in all this.

Not only did i find him a little aggressive but he was rude, patronizing, arrogant and completely up his own bottom. NOT A VERY NICE MAN AT ALL.

The fact that his two year old ended up not only in another cabin but another cabins toilet really doesnt put him in a good light does it. Did he not give a toss where his two year old was before his spat with the Cabin Crew member?

Id like to hear the other side to the story.

NG_Kaptain
19th Dec 2011, 20:26
Sade...Lovely charming woman, had time to chat with the crew and gave tickets to all of us on the flight including backstage passes plus meet n greet photos.
She even invited flight deck (us) to her concert and made sure her assistants looked after our tickets.:):)

swills
31st Dec 2012, 21:44
Sorry.. dragging up a 12 month old thread here! I am not Airline based, but Rail based ( in a Signalling Centre), have read this thread with interest and amusement :O I have to say I am not a frequent flyer at all, but do go on my hols every 18 months or so, and have only ever flown with one Airline (VA), but as for 'celebs' well, all the cabin crew that have to put up with us passengers, they are the real stars in all this, always helpful, always have a smile, and time to chat, We have in our past couple of trips discovered Perm Encon, nice :O, same food though ! one day maube we will get bumped up to 'posh class' (ps VS07 11.02.13:ok:), it's nnice when we can get the exit seats too, as we can bore the cabin staff with our boring stories!

One laugh we did have, was on opur second trip we were in Econ, and very very hot, and just about 10 mins maybe 15 from LAX, and my son, who is quite reserved at the best of times, passed out, I rang the call button in a panic, the date we were flying was exactly 1 year to the day since we had lost our other son in an accident, so you can imagine the panic! anyway the crew were just top notch, once he had come round, and had some water, and was feeling better, although not, maybe 100% the cabin crew member was asking questions for the form they had to fill in, was all fine until the line where it said sex: male/female, Crew Lady said "sex" Our son replied "Well if you are offering" !:eek: I was in shock and the Cabin Crew were laughing !

Just a little story, but we found it fun, (once we had recovered) so once again THANK-YOU to all you 'stars' :D

Looking forward to 11/02

DownIn3Green
1st Jan 2013, 23:02
After the above post, I would hope the VS 007 crew on 2/11/13 would take note and if the opportunity comes up try to help out Swills....

sevenstrokeroll
1st Jan 2013, 23:06
I had John Glen the astronaut...great guy...we are lucky he was an American.

I had marlo thomas the actress...came up to the cockpit after we landed and hung out for 10 minutes...talked about Danny Thomas and spit takes.

Robert Wagner and Stephanie Powers were on the plane...Robert came up and said: thanks fellas

Stephanie was rude to the flight attendants.

Labor Secretary Reich...very short but carried himself well

Attorney Gen Reno...polite and quite nice.

Sen. Ted Kennedy...told us the merger was a ''done deal''...it wasn't.

Judith Light, actress (whos' the boss) very complimentary on my landing at KDCA (south)if I had more time...well

heard from one FA that oprah winfrey was a real BIT#$%^&*

I met Teri GArr in person not on the plane...She has the most amazing blue eyes...sadly she has been quite ill since I met her. She (honest) gave me her E mail address and we corresponded for about five years till her brain anneyurism.

And Miles O'brien, aviation correspondent for many years at CNN is a good friend of mine. He now does projects for PBS, FRONTLINE. He has a cirrus by the way.

oh, and that fellow, what's his name, who landed in the hudson...I flew with him in 1989.

Jetlag001
19th Jan 2013, 15:52
Michael Jackson - was completely insane! Asked if he could buy a magazine!( I explained that the ticket covered that)
Liz taylor - those violet eyes!
Princess Diana - always utterly charming!
Jon Bon Jovi - ignorant and nasty with high heels on to make him look taller
Brad Pitt - slept all the way to London
Jackie Stewart - very rude and impatient
Sting- mute
Trudi styler - charming
Sinead O'Connor - barking mad
Madonna- sleepy and uncommunicative
Linda Evangelista - Charming and beautiful
Naomi campbell - nightmare
Prince phillip-Hilarious! I loved him
Prince Andrew - Buffoon
Spice Girls - Common(inc VB)
Diana ross - Diva, likes the boys hates the girls!
Mel Brookes - very funny and a really nice guy!
Mariah Carey - asleep and dribbling with her mouth open...wish i'd taken a pic!
Sarah Ferguson - Attention seeking
Cindy Crawford - delightful
Richard Gere - nice guy/low key
Elton John - tempramental and silly
Anna Wintour - exquisite with exemplary manners

More later!

bunnygirl
22nd Jan 2013, 17:13
Prince William...a few years ago, absolutely delightful, very down to earth.

Sir Bruce and Lady Welmina Forsythe...again absolutely delightful, very chatty and grounded. Lovely couple.

George Michael....very pleasant

John Reid..former British minister...delightful...kept me in stitches with stories that I can't mention on here!

Sarah Ferguson...very pleasant and polite...also remembered I d looked after her a few years previous, on a flight. Which impressed me...as I d forgotten.

The Lorra Lorra person.....AWFUL! I have to switch channels now if she appears!

Davina McCall....absolutely lovely...let me try on her jacket, as I fell in love with the union flag lining....very stylish and polite.

Kylie Minogue...asked for a bottle of water only, slept most of the flight, but absolutely stunning...Bunnygirl wants to know her secret:p

Tableview
22nd Jan 2013, 17:33
Was on a flight a few days ago with Dame Shirley Bassey. Very elegantly dressed, but sadly she has not aged well. A few years ago she looked younger than her true age, now she looks every year of 76.

Very discreet, did absolutely nothing to draw attention to herself, she was taken to a special check in counter and reappeared later on the flight. Disembarked with other business class pax and was whisked away in a fancy limo.

EMB-145LR
22nd Jan 2013, 17:46
When I used to work down the back:

Michael Barrymore (Post pool party) - Very subdued, but a very pleasant guy. Came and chatted to us for a good hour or so. Almost felt sorry for him.

Kofi Annan - Former UN Secretary General. Very quiet and pleasant man. Two of the girls thought he was Morgan Freeman!

Trinny and Susannah - Same flight as Kofi Annan. Awful women. Thought they were royalty and insisted on only being spoken to through their PA.

Stelios - Nice guy, slept for the whole flight. Travelled on an ID90, cheap git!!

Since I've moved up to the pointy end:

Sheryl Crowe - Very tired, but agreed to pose for photos with cabin crew once we landed.

Dan Winterland
23rd Jan 2013, 11:52
Parked on the Signature ramp Las Vegas waiting to depart, the passengers of the 727 next to us came over to have a chat as they saw the words Royal Air Force painted on out VC10 and they were British - they were the Rolling Stones! They were interested in what we were doing there (refuelling fighters back from a Red Flag exercise), we knew what they were doing in Vegas. They had played the MGM Grand the night before. We would have loved to have gone but couldn't afford the tickets.

They were charming and very chatty. Thye loved the fact we made English style cups of tea with NAAFI tea bags in paper cups. Thye missed their proper tea and took some of our tea bags with them. Real gents.

duchess ly
26th Jan 2013, 04:36
duke n duchess of cambridge during their south east asia tour.

Slasher
1st Feb 2013, 11:58
I had the extreme honor once to have on board Taylor Wane from SIN to BKK.
A quintessential lady who got on very well with the hosties - and even gave
li'l ol' me an autograph! :)

IainB
6th Feb 2013, 07:59
Interesting that a certain "celeb" wanted to put other celebs in Room 101 for saying "do you know who I am?"

Was especially narky about that phrase being used for airline upgrades.

Opinions anyone?

TightSlot
6th Feb 2013, 08:17
Yeah - who was it: We don't need to be coy if this was on national television

CornishFlyer
6th Feb 2013, 12:06
This was the same person that will only speak to you through her assistant unless travelling alone-the delightful Ms Cilla Black

Squadronbrat
7th Feb 2013, 08:55
The same hag who lives (lived?) next to Denham airfield and complained frequently about aircraft noise...

vctenderness
7th Feb 2013, 10:18
She is one of my hate figures and have witnessed her hissy fits!

I once met some chaps in a pub near a theatre and we struck up a conversation it turned out they worked in the theatre as scene shifters. They said to me "I bet you can't guess which famous tv personality is such a bitch from hell that we almost took strike action over her?

As quick as a flash I replied Cilla Black and they said you've met her then!

Watersidewonker
7th Feb 2013, 17:06
They said to me "I bet you can't guess which famous tv personality is such a bitch from hell that we almost took strike action over her?
Did you suggest you could stand in for them? :D

alwayslookingup
14th Feb 2013, 09:53
I'm surprised Frankie Dettori hasn't appeared here yet.

A story. My sister lives and works in Dubai and is a member of, and very regular player at, Arabian Ranches Golf Club. At busy times they like to pair up players into a foursome to ease congestion. One day a couple of years ago she and her (female) playing partner were on the first tee when told they would be being joined by another pair. Turned out to be the very same Frankie D and playing partner. As my sister related the story, she'd never had a more entertaining game of golf. The pair of them were an absolute scream, and no mean golfers either, as well as being perfect gentlemen.

So, I know he has private aircraft to ferry him around racecourses but I'm taking a wild guess that for long haul such as Dubai he might go commercial, or maybe not. Anyway, if he is a passenger I'm sure he'd be the same to the cabin crew as he was on the golf course that particular day. Jog any memories?

Heathrow Harry
14th Feb 2013, 15:45
actually he's so small he travels in one of the pet containers..................

overstress
17th Feb 2013, 04:38
Kylie Minogue...asked for a bottle of water only, slept most of the flight, but absolutely stunning...Bunnygirl wants to know her secret

Bunnygirl - plenty of sleep and staying hydrated? :)

EKA380LHR
19th Feb 2013, 09:59
Forgot to add Amy Winehouse, met her a couple of times. The last time she got off & was lovely (obviously had been at the cooking sherry) wanted to know how my day was & what I was doing after work. Much nicer than a certain Liver Bird with a reputation who had to nerve on Room 101 last week to say that people who say "do you know who I am" at the airport anoy her!!!

Tray Surfer
19th Feb 2013, 18:24
Sarah Jessica Parker... Absolutely delightful.
Halle Berry... Again, absolutely delightful.
Denzel Washington... Very friendly and chatty. Had a good chin wag in the galley.
Morgan Freeman... Very quiet, but a please and thank you with everything (I am easily impressed... :8 )
Paul Walker (The Fast and Furious films... I had to Google when I got home...)... Again, very personable and friendly.
Lloyd Grossman... Ultra polite, quiet but very nice.

I also have a naughty list too... :=

alwayslookingup
20th Feb 2013, 23:55
Oh come on, Tray Surfer, put us out of our misery

Tray Surfer
23rd Feb 2013, 08:10
I imagine most of the names have already been mentioned anyway...

blue up
26th Feb 2013, 15:52
Tom Cruise. Splendid fellow. Asked politely if he might come to the flightdeck before departure whereupon he asked some questions and we chatted about his new P51. Obviously he stayed on with Cameron Diaz for some photos. Salzburg to Seville for the filming of "Knight and Day".

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j279/foggythomas/tomcruiseandcamerondiaz1.jpg

bluecode
27th Feb 2013, 09:11
Alwayslookingup;So, I know he has private aircraft to ferry him around racecourses but I'm taking a wild guess that for long haul such as Dubai he might go commercial,I imagine that's all gone now. Frankie got caught with traces of nose candy in his system and is suffering a six month ban from racing. He has lost his job with Sheikh Mohmammed as well. The famous blue racing colours. I doubt if he'll be back in Dubai anytime soon. Bit unfortunate really.

HEMS driver
11th Mar 2013, 00:24
Great reading. For me, in no particular order:

Sir Richard Branson - very nice, approachable, and considerate. Met him on Necker Island, BVI when my wife and I landed a helo to drop off their mail (as a favor). He took us into the kitchen and got us something to drink and a snack.

Robert Deniro - very pleasant, funny, and friendly. He was wearing a wig as a disguise.

Harry Connick Jr. and his wife Jill Goodacre (former Victoria's Secret model :ok:) - I flew them on their honeymoon. She addressed me as Mr. xxx, very polite. They were very pleasant and down to earth.

Gov. Mike Huckabee - he was a U.S. presidential candidate in 2008. A real southern gentleman. I spent two weeks flying him and his wife and staff during his presidential campaign. Very down to earth regular folks. He insisted on carrying his own luggage.

Kevin Costner - he was very reserved, but polite. I learned the next day that his then wife filed for divorce.

John Grisham (author)- very friendly, polite, approachable, as were his wife and son and daughter.

Harry Hamlin - very friendly, polite, approachable, funny.

Lisa Rinna - Harry's wife - same as Harry. Very considerate.

Nick Mason - very nice chap, friendly, approachable, considerate, as is his wife, and both are helicopter pilots. :ok:

Barbara Niven (actress) - A sweet lady, very funny, considerate, friendly. She came up from behind me and put her arm around me for a photo. Very cute.

galanjal
24th Mar 2013, 22:18
Recent encounters:Catherine Jenkins: the "nations sweetheart" was not so much in evidence! Really unpleasant actually.
Stephen Fry: absolute delight, a charming gent who actually seemed rather shy
Alvin Stardust: really chatty and pleasant
Boy George: always a danger meeting a hero but he did not disappoint. Really down to earth and polite
Nigel Slater: top bloke who seemed genuinely pleased that I had all his books and his tv series downloaded onto my iPad

jackieofalltrades
25th Mar 2013, 16:06
I'm not cabin crew, but as a passenger I once sat across from Gordon Ramsay on a flight to KEWR. He was actually very pleasant and signed a few autographs at the start of the flight, then asked not to be disturbed for the remainder.

washingtondave
28th Mar 2013, 11:44
Apologies, not CC, and slightly off topic, but many years ago, as part of a team conducting a road traffic survey, it was necessary to pull over random vehicles to question the driver about the nature of their journey.

The driver of a Rolls Royce pulled over, when questioned as to the purpose of his journey, replied " to buy a pork pie".

The location? Melton Mowbray. The driver? None other than Harry Secombe (mentioned positively earlier). A classic response.

galanjal
17th May 2013, 11:32
Not my biggest spot for sure, but Ingrid ex wife of Chris Tarrant was such a delight recently. Volunteered to sit in a more uncomfortable seat to help out a couple who had been split. A true class act and genuinely nice lady

galanjal
16th Nov 2013, 06:47
Toby Stephens just the other day. He's an English actor (was in Die Another Day) and son of legend Maggie Smith. Was reading a script on his ipad. Was charm and good manners personified, a delight!

Dream Land
16th Nov 2013, 07:09
I had an opportunity to fly George W. bush and his mother, both were extremely cordial.

Mr Grimsdale
17th Feb 2014, 08:19
Now I know Cilla's one of your favourite celebs to have onboard...
Discuss... :ooh:

BBC News - Sheridan Smith to play Cilla Black in new ITV drama (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26218681)

panda-k-bear
17th Feb 2014, 13:00
I quite like Sheridan Smith...

Evanelpus
17th Feb 2014, 13:49
Is playing Cilla Black the acting equivalent of a football club's Chairmans Vote of Confidence?:ouch:

Piltdown Man
18th Feb 2014, 19:48
I had an opportunity to fly George W. bush and his mother, both were extremely cordial.

I'm sure they are lovely people. But make sure you have some crayons and Sunny-D if you fly their Special Needs son.

PM

vctenderness
19th Feb 2014, 08:40
Anyone carrying Sheridan Smith in future should watch out as she may try and get into character!

pilotlurker
20th Feb 2014, 20:18
Not funny. uncalled for. See You Next Tuesday!

thing
20th Feb 2014, 21:01
Not CC but trod on David Beckham's foot once in the posh bit of Manchester Airport. I turned round to apologise and this tiny bloke said 'S'OK mate'. Quite shocked by how small he is. They were flying to Turkey for a match and lost.

Coming back biz from Changi to Heathrow with SIA (sorry girls, they are just the most beautiful cabin crew in the entire world) I was sat next to some Diva who was a 'name' can't even remember who she was but she whined for about an hour until yours truly had had enough and told her to STFU. Champagne arrived within seconds. Odd that...:)

Also nice to know that I recognise about 10% of the names mentioned in this thread, it's great getting old.

galaxy flyer
24th Feb 2014, 00:16
PM,

George W. Bush doesn't have a son, shows how smart you lot are.

GF

First.officer
24th Feb 2014, 13:05
George W. Bush doesn't have a son, shows how smart you lot are.

Its not really about being smart, its really that we couldn't give a toss....;)

F/o

nick_m_007
25th Feb 2014, 14:38
Forrest Whitacker - super nice guy! Signed my passenger manifest

SeenItAll
6th Mar 2014, 21:06

If I read the original post correctly, the mother of George W. Bush would refer to Barbara Bush (wife of George H. W. Bush).

Wannabe Flyer
7th Mar 2014, 06:45
If I read the original post correctly, the mother of George W. Bush would refer to Barbara Bush (wife of George H. W. Bush).

So would that Make G W B the special needs son? :ugh:

galanjal
22nd Mar 2014, 05:09
Paul McCartney fairly recently. Sent his assistant ahead to say that under no circumstances would he be doing autographs or photos. Sir Paul then boarded and spent a long time stood at the front of the aircraft. He only sat down after the entire cabin recognised him. Make of that what you will!

crewmeal
22nd Mar 2014, 06:47
I can see 'the don't you know who I am brigade' joining this thread soon:ugh:

Mr Mac
22nd Mar 2014, 08:16
galanjal
Stayed on an island in the Maldives some years ago with Mr McCartney and his then wife - not impressed nor were poor old staff - was better when they left. A comment from another guest who at the bar one night after there depp was that as a die hard SPM fan he was going home and burning all CD / Records, perhaps you should never meet your idols ?. I was lucky, I met one of mine, Sir Peter Ustinov who I sat next to on a flight from Zurich to JFK, and he was delightful to all.

Regards
Mr Mac

vctenderness
22nd Mar 2014, 10:02
Must speak up for Macca. Carried him pre 9/11 he was very friendly signed menus for crew, visited flight deck sat and joked and chatted with crew and was an all round good bloke.

However he, I think, had just ditched the bitch so might have been feeling a bit elated!

Mr Mac
22nd Mar 2014, 17:45
Vctenderness
It was approx. 2003/4 when we had the "joy" of his company and he was with Heather Mills at that time ("the bitch"?), which a quick Google confirms, as their marriage lasted between 2002 - 2008. Perhaps you just got him on a good day.

Regards
Mr Mac

vctenderness
23rd Mar 2014, 10:32
Thanks Mr Mac however maybe he was really happy cos 'Er Indoors was in New York and he was heading at a rate of knots in the other direction!:ok::)

galanjal
9th Apr 2014, 11:39
Steve Wright (Radio 2 DJ) the other day. I expected that he would be brash and arrogant, I was totally wrong. Very unassuming, friendly, polite and respectful. A real delight actually.

NRU74
10th Apr 2014, 13:12
It was approx. 2003/4 when we had the "joy" of his company and he was with Heather Mills at that time ("the bitch"?), which a quick Google confirms, as their marriage lasted between 2002 - 2008.

You'll recall, of course, that when they were first married he bought her a plane for Christmas...and a Ladyshave for the other leg.

shiny_shoes
12th Apr 2014, 17:32
He also wrote her a little poem after they started dating.

We lay upon the grassy bank
My hands were all a quiver
I slowly undid her suspender belt
And her leg fell in the river!!:O

cockney steve
14th Apr 2014, 11:49
I heard he'd bought her a Christmas stocking....but then , when he tried to think of another gift, he was stumped.

Mr Mac
26th Apr 2014, 07:41
NRU74
I remember there was a UK Registered Gulfstream in Male when we arrived, which I thought was a bit odd. If that was the A/C, it was one hell of a Christmas present !.

Regards
Mr Mac

Dawdler
29th Apr 2014, 23:55
I think it was a joke. A (carpenters's) plane?????? And I don't mean Richard or Karen

Mr Mac
30th Apr 2014, 05:16
NRU74 / Dawdler
Sorry I missed the joke (Duh), but by coincidence was a UK reg Gulfstream in Male at the time hence my confusion /comment. Good pun though NRU 74 sorry I missed it first time around !.

Regards
Mr Mac

NRU74
30th Apr 2014, 08:26
No probs Mr Mac
One's always wary of using the term 'plane' on this forum - apart from in Spotters Corner !
Rgds,
NRU

OntimeexceptACARS
10th May 2014, 07:13
I see that a regular on these pages is to get a special BAFTA award. For services to aviation I presume?

vctenderness
10th May 2014, 10:42
So one group of self obsessed, selfish, unpleasant people recognise one of their own:E

galanjal
11th May 2014, 04:01
Becky Anderson (CNN anchor) very recently. Extremely polite and a rather wicked sense of humour!

MtSpeedDemon
28th Jun 2014, 13:52
I'm not CC but I've read this entire thread, saw this news story and thought of this thread.

Some celebs can still be classy. This one even has an additional aviation relevance; Amy Adams played Brenda Strong in Catch Me If You Can.

Amy Adams gives up first-class seat on flight for a serviceman
Wow: Amy Adams gives up first-class seat on flight for a serviceman | Entertain This! (http://usat.ly/UQUyBi#sthash.kj7JBJEw)

From the linked article:
The actress gave up her first-class seat on a flight from Detroit to Los Angeles to a soldier she saw onboard. Jemele Hill of ESPN’s Numbers Never Lie witnessed the event and documented it on Twitter.

galanjal
4th Aug 2014, 07:29
Rosamund Pike recently. Absolutely gorgeous and very chatty. Seemed wary of anyone with an iPhone, as if expecting to be photographed

Evanelpus
4th Aug 2014, 08:13
Rosamund Pike recently. Absolutely gorgeous and very chatty. Seemed wary of anyone with an iPhone, as if expecting to be photograp

Never heard of her!:ok:

air pig
4th Aug 2014, 08:19
Quote:
Rosamund Pike recently. Absolutely gorgeous and very chatty. Seemed wary of anyone with an iPhone, as if expecting to be photograp
Never heard of her!

Played Miranda Frost in the Bond film, Die Another Day. Very sexy.

Evanelpus
4th Aug 2014, 08:22
Thank you sir:)

ex_matelot
4th Aug 2014, 19:09
Anyone had Tom Daley? Heard a few old AirSouthwest dits about him. He was quick on the twitter trigger on a recent Virgin tech fault also.

Opinion tended to be those "guiding" him were perhaps not putting him in best light.

galanjal
17th Sep 2014, 13:21
Theresa May (British Home Secretary, noted for her shoes!) very recently. Incredibly polite, chatty and unassuming. Treated the crew with respect and she won a new fan in me (the shoes were fabulous!)

vctenderness
18th Sep 2014, 08:40
Some years ago I carried a delegation of Labour politicians (I know lucky, lucky me) and one in particular stood out.

I had never been a fan of Margaret Beckett thinking she was a typical leftie Labour Party non entity.

However she was charming. On disembarking she held back and came to me and thanked me and the crew for looking after them and saying how much she appreciated the service.

I, not for the first time, learnt not to judge a book by the cover:ok:

dsc810
19th Sep 2014, 19:13
You do realise this was all just in their training as to what to say/do to make the public like them don't you.
Its called PR and they are actors.....which is why so many politicians are ex lawyers where the courtroom is their act
I know people who are very very good at this and can artificially 'put on' any characteristic they wish depending on who they are dealing with and the circumstances. Interestingly they regard people in general as all idiots and so easy to manipulate.

thing
19th Sep 2014, 20:37
Anyone had Tom Daley? Phnar.

Interestingly they regard people in general as all idiots and so easy to manipulate. Never having 'got' celebrity I get the feeling that people who are impressed with celebrity are perhaps simple people who are easy to manipulate. A well known person is just someone who is well known. I can appreciate a Clint Eastwood movie in the same way that I appreciate a plumber coming out to fix my boiler. Both do a good job and I applaud what they do. I don't feel the need to ask my plumber for his autograph, neither would I ask Clint Eastwood for his. Mr Eastwood and I may find common ground however in that we are both aviators, same as David Gilmour, Nick Mason, Tom Cruise and Bruce Dickinson. I could talk to them about our shared passion on an equal basis.

Barring the fact I can't afford a P-51.

Lone_Ranger
20th Sep 2014, 09:47
Never having 'got' celebrity I get the feeling that people who are impressed with celebrity are perhaps simple people who are easy to manipulate

Steady on old chap, apart from taking the p1ss out of chavs, CC don't get much job satisfaction, leave them have their simple fun, it's not harming anyone.

vctenderness
20th Sep 2014, 18:05
Quote: You do realise this was all just in their training as to what to say/do to make the public like them don't you.
Its called PR and they are actors.....which is why so many politicians are ex lawyers where the courtroom is their act
I know people who are very very good at this and can artificially 'put on' any characteristic they wish depending on who they are dealing with and the circumstances. Interestingly they regard people in general as all idiots and so easy to manipulate.

Well obviously John Prescott missed the course or was too thick to take it in:ok:

thing
23rd Sep 2014, 15:38
Steady on old chap, apart from taking the p1ss out of chavs, CC don't get much job satisfaction, leave them have their simple fun, it's not harming anyone.

Wasn't intended as a pop at CC who IMO do a stirling job in what I would find infuriating circumstances at times. I would probably last half a flight before I accidentaly whacked some of these 'celebrities'. I don't hate much but I hate the way a large section of our country prostrate themselves at the feet of talentless, drivelling idiots. Still, we get the society we deserve I suppose.

galanjal
23rd Sep 2014, 17:55
Anyone who doesn't get celebs, be they nice or otherwise, should maybe just avoid threads with "celebs" in the title? That said, all comments are valid and make for interesting reading. I am not manipulated or impressed by high profile people but the real person behind the PR gloss is interesting to me and lots of others. I feel that those of us in the service industry are in a unique position to see something of the real character behind the carefully managed mask of celebrity. That's all this thread is about. Some people seem to enjoy it.

thing
23rd Sep 2014, 17:59
Anyone who doesn't get celebs, be they nice or otherwise, should maybe just avoid threads with "celebs" in the title?

I know, but I'm like a moth to a flame...:). I shall comment no more, you are quite right of course.

frances2
5th Oct 2014, 22:26
Loving this thread!

I have luckily had mostly nice ones. Some are not the chattiest but i understand that.

Colin Firth - very polite but can't say he did much for me lookswise. His Mrs is stunning though!
Kristen Stewart - Polite, unassuming and seemed a bit shy. Not starry at all. Said 'Thank you' when she was leaving too.
Jane Fallon - Also nice.
Jo Brand - Cool lady
Jackie Collins - very friendly but very LA ...

My friend had Jennifer Lawrence on her flight a couple of years ago with some of her friends, before she really blew up. She said she was nice enough but really loud and a bit obnoxious.

Worst

Carol from Loose Women? Used to be married to Chris Evans? - Wow, what a :mad:

Kelly Osbourne - Spoilt brat who has one of those whiny LA/Brit accents

Sienna Miller - what a dumbass. :ugh: I don't even know why she is famous besides Jude Law. How can such a nobody have such a high opinion of themselves?

galanjal
2nd Jan 2015, 06:52
Sarah Ferguson (again!) and Eugenie recently. Both lovely and chatty. Eugenie told the very senior stewardess working in First Class that she envied her great figure, which of course made her day!

galanjal
9th Apr 2015, 10:54
Kirstie Allsopp (TV presenter/style guru!) and family recently. She is super lovely and exactly as she appears on telly. Really polite sons which speaks volumes!

skyhighfallguy
9th Apr 2015, 21:56
speaking of celebrity.

Robert Wagner and Stephanie Powers traveling together

Marlo Thomas.

Secretary of Labor Richard Reich and his body guard

Robin Williams

But the only one that really impressed me and should impress every pilot here was Sen. John Glen

He came up after a very rough flight , we were the last plane into KCLT as the others started going around after us. And shook both of our hands.

And he was flying Coach.

ShotOne
14th Apr 2015, 17:56
Two contrasting responses from VIP's upon being informed of air traffic delays; Ron Dennis (furious) "What! This is a VIP flight. Tell them it's an emergency!" Princess Anne (with a wry smile) "Off with their heads!"

Mick Strigg
8th Jun 2015, 12:54
The worst cases of celebrity air rage - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/11658753/The-worst-cases-of-celebrity-air-rage.html)

Mick Strigg
8th Jun 2015, 12:56
The world's rudest air travellers - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/11599320/The-worlds-rudest-air-travellers.html)

RHRP
2nd Aug 2015, 15:08
From the BBC website.

Cilla Black, singer and TV star, dies in Spain aged 72 - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33751060)

silverboy
5th Aug 2015, 02:04
are...
Kate Bush-lovely lovely lady and so polite and actually stunning looking

Michael Owen footballer-Really nice polite guy-i'm straight, but i have to say, i've never seen anyone with such an amazing pair of muscly glutes when he was walking down lol

Tori Amos-lovely nut kept herself to herself

Nicole Sherzinger-gorgeous and polite..really chatty

Olly murs-Rude, chavvy and wanted lots of attention

Robbie williams- demanding horrid chav with cocky arrogant northern cgav attitude

Nialler
7th Aug 2015, 14:19
This thread has now given the Daily Mail a free article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3187880/Ewan-McGregor-pleasant-Kylie-Minogue-charming-Robbie-Williams-cocky-website-cabin-crew-reveal-REALLY-think-celebrities-ve-served.html

Tim Kelly
7th Aug 2015, 15:21
Yes, a nasty piece of work. Sad demise, lying in the sun for so long. Started out as Cilla White, then became Cilla Black, now Cilla Red.
:\

That awful Dr. David Owen (failed GP and failed politician) was the worst of all. Poor old Andy Williams pi**ed and under a blanket on Concorde, singing Moon River but sounded more like "There's an old mill by the stream, Nelly Deane" Bless

Billy Jean King and Margaret Trudeau - tops. Unassuming and kind.

McGinty
7th Aug 2015, 17:27
The Daily Mail article is interestingly timed, given the current set of obituaries and praise of Cilla Black. This thread shows a side of Cilla Black that the Daily Mail would like to highlight, but which it cannot specifically write about.

qmoq
7th Aug 2015, 18:40
At least Cilla couldn't cause any bother from the cargo hold on her last flight.

mporter50sb
7th Aug 2015, 20:49
Not so nice -
Lucille Ball same as Cilla Black, P/A talked for her, "Ms. Ball does not talk to the help."
Nancy Reagan -

Strange -
Raymond Burr - on a flight to Hawaii, he and his young boyfriend were how shall I say, obvious.

Awesome -
Robin Williams - did Mork for us.
Jack LaLanne - on another Hawaii, flying coach, he came back to the galley, laughed joked & challenged me to a push-up contest. Me 28 him 70 something, he kicked my butt.
Cheryl Ladd - awesome

Robert Donner - Exidor on Mork & Mindy, 1 first class man, great conversationalist.

to name a few...

TFlyguy
8th Aug 2015, 00:12
Poor Cilla, she would have been so upset as she came home charter!

TWT
8th Aug 2015, 09:39
Another free article,this time for a Murdoch rag in Oz:

Pprune.org: Professional Pilots Rumour Network on celebrity passengers (http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/cabin-crew-reveal-truth-about-celebrity-passengers/story-fn907478-1227475323656)

noffi9
8th Aug 2015, 12:24
King Constantin charming and down to earth. Cliff Richard really nice guy. Unassuming friendly and kindWorst Ever Bob Geldorf. Had misfortune to have on flight twice. Once upgraded to first with Paula and Child. Sat with filthy bare feet on top of the seat in front of them disturbed other pax and allowed child to run freely annoying first class pax sharing the aroma of her filled nappy that they failed to do anything about.
2nd time threw a strop because he wasn't given an upgrade and then he and his hangers on proceeded to give hell to economy cabin crews. Made one stewardess cry he was so unpleasant.
Barbara Castle very unpleasant.

Extrolleydolly
9th Aug 2015, 01:30
Nicest people I ever had on a flight were the real old time movie stars
Lord Attenborough was an absolute delight, so appreciative of everything we did.
Sophia Loren was beautiful and so polite.
Anne Bancroft and Mel Brooks - he was hilarious but she was really quiet, almost shy!

Other more up to date lovely "guests" have included
Cameron Diaz, a delight
Beyonce, who did painting by numbers all flight
Bryan Adams, so very polite he called the Purser sir every time he asked for anything.
Michael Douglas a real gentleman
Tom Conti in the days before personal IFE screens-he had to watch himself in Shirley Valentine on the big screen in f/c
Victoria Beckham eats nothing and sleeps!
The Saudi Royal Family and Greek Royal Family were a pleasure to serve
and strangely MP John Prescott was very pleasant but he did work as a steward in his youth and knew some of our Crew!

To be avoided - :uhoh:
Ben Affleck, ignorant rude pig who slept with his timberland boots resting on the top of the seat in front of him (the seat was occupied!)
Mick Hucknall, proclaimed he would not eat his requested veg meal as it was s***
Elton John - absolute misery! Think he was upset it was an all girl crew from LA to LHR
Geri Halliwell - precious princess whose finger was permanently attached to the call bell. Our purser was going to inform her we didn't need a princess we already had a Duchess in 1A!

Nialler
11th Aug 2015, 08:53
As an aside, this thread has been mentioned in the media.

The forum as a whole, and this thread in particular, looks good as a result.

The intent of the thread was positive, and many if not most of the posts reflect that.

vctenderness
11th Aug 2015, 09:26
Quote:
and strangely MP John Prescott was very pleasant but he did work as a steward in his youth and knew some of our Crew!

Very, very strange indeed! Are you sure it was Prescott?

Unfortunately met him twice and a more ignorant, unpleasant, dunderhead it would be hard to imagine.

Spent his entire life knocking the House of Lords and calling for its abolition and as soon as he stepped off the Commons gravy train he jumped straight on the Lords:D

Mike744
11th Aug 2015, 22:50
John Prescott was a steward in the Merchant Navy.

air pig
12th Aug 2015, 20:04
Unfortunately met him twice and a more ignorant, unpleasant, dunderhead it would be hard to imagine.

I did hear of an RAF Corporal turfing him off an RAF flight for a Comp A mission, reportedly spat a very large dummy. Not that the corporal cared he had backing all the way up the CoC.

silverboy
13th Aug 2015, 01:02
Bjork-Really polite and a bit shy. Slept most of the time.Lovely looking close up.
Cyndi lauper-lovely and so helpful.Very heavy accent!
Yasmeen Ghauri-Canadian mixed Pakistani supermodel.Did alot of Versachi catwalks etc .Was drop dead gorgeous and had impeccable manners.
michell pfiffer-impeccable manners

The rude:

Wiil i am-extremly arrogant and patronizing and expected to be worshipped

Niki minaj-rapper--arrogant and bitchy-kept saying yo yo for attention
Gary neville-Man U-footballer-loud gobby no manners-council estate attitude
Tyson becks-demanding and bad drama queen attitude
Scary spice-no class or refinement what so ever-awful loud attitude and rude and intimidating-typical rough northern air about her.

funfly
13th Aug 2015, 09:48
From the other side of the fence so to speak…
I have the same name and initials as a very famous ex PM. One day flying to the UK on a single class BA flight we were surprised to be met at the door by the flight crew who said 'welcome aboard Mr. & Mrs. X' then, on realising they had the wrong persons, just turned and returned to their office. :\
FF

toratoratora
13th Aug 2015, 23:27
never seen this thread before- such fun!
Best? Celine Dion, when I was flying private.Completely lovely- even offered to take us to dinner,but we had to RTB.
Worst? Elle McPherson- turned up two hours late and then moaned 'cos we had a slot! Could have managed it better if she had bothered to phone either our ops or the charterer....
Ho hum...

DirtyProp
19th Aug 2015, 08:36
Not a celebrity, but a nasty passenger who thought she was "above the rules":

United Express passenger filmed being kicked off a plane whilst swearing at police | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3199930/Shocking-moment-woman-kicked-plane-screaming-swearing-police-refusing-dog-snapping-crew-pet-carrier.html)

ExRampySmith
7th Nov 2015, 10:56
Sharing my experiences while working at LHR for the BAA, way back when.

Peter Sellers - Very nice man, signed my job sheet,broke into Inspector Clouseau character, really made my day.

Patrick Macnee - Perfect Gentleman, immaculately dressed.

Pete Townshend - Very chatty, appreciative of his 'fans'.

Kate Bush - Lovely lady.

Bruce Forsyth - Came through T2 wearing a large cowboy hat, did not take too kindly to my work colleague shouting ' Oi mate, where's you horse'.....

Lubricant Specialist
17th Nov 2015, 17:02
Ms Black came from a poor area of Liverpool and her first job was a cloakroom attendant. So she must be better than the rest of us. However she is not that smart; remember, never ever ever ever upset anyone who is about to serve your food. You just never know.......

Lubricant Specialist
17th Nov 2015, 17:55
Not a celebrity, but a nasty passenger who thought she was "above the rules":

United Express passenger filmed being kicked off a plane whilst swearing at police | Daily Mail Online

If they are drunk, mentally ill, or bringing an inappropriate Emotional Support Animal into the cabin, they are a danger to CC and SLF in a confined space.

As an SLF I have never had a problem with CC or any other airline staff in 50 years of flying. You just have to be nice and give them a chance to help if you need it.

Anyone have any stories about Capt Jack Welford (BA possibly BEA) ?

vctenderness
18th Nov 2015, 09:16
Quote: Ms Black came from a poor area of Liverpool and her first job was a cloakroom attendant. So she must be better than the rest of us. However she is not that smart; remember, never ever ever ever upset anyone who is about to serve your food. You just never know.......

Very, very true!

Many moons ago as a young 'sprog' a fellow citizen of Ms Black and old hand from the days of the transatlantic liners came in to the galley and in broad 'Liverpudlian' said:

If dat bloke in 3A carries on he's going to get 'dick in da dinner'.

I looked very quizzical and asked what he meant.

He pointed to a plate of food and then to his nether regions and said slowly

' dick in da dinner' :ok:

galanjal
4th Mar 2016, 14:04
Margot Robbie very recently. Really lovely and chatty. Very petite and much younger looking than she appears onscreen

CALLYPILOT
28th Mar 2016, 10:42
During my time in BA, there was once a serious exchange of cross words between management and one revenge-seeking galley novelty garnish humourist. Later overheard openly crowing about the event to other crew members in a US restaurant. Complaint rapidly launched to BA, who judged it poor PR. Next....a true story ref the 'Dik-in-da-dinner' thread, and actually difficult to relate, for someone of my own refined up-bringing and sensibilities. Viz early 1970s, popular Australian skipper employed by an entirely different company, had reason to take issue over a sandwich as available to crew during rapid short haul turn-rounds. The cabin crew acquaintance, having answered a summons to the cockpit concurred rapidly, that the horrid amorphous wrinkly grey lumpy filling was extremely nasty and quite inedible. What our amateur magician had achieved, was of course, simply by cutting a hole in the base of the little blue snack tray issued as standard, and then ditto in the bottom layer of bread.

ZeBedie
3rd Aug 2016, 10:36
From the BA Executive Club Forum -

My experience was with a well known British Labour Politician, lets just go with Peter M ……

I was flying Qatar, London – Doha , I had rebooked 1A, when I boarded I noticed someone was in my seat, when I asked why, the said passenger told me “Please talk to the crew, this is my favourite seat, I am sure they will find you an alternative”

I knew the land side manager from flying every week for the last 6 months, so I had a word, as the Cabin Crew could not do anything as he had VVIP next to his name apparently, the manager asked for his boarding card, which was in 5D, after another 10 mins discussion which included the said person saying “surely this passenger can move to my seat” obviously thought that possession was 90% of the law. Finally he did move, not a word to my face and spent the rest of the flight refusing all contact with CC including food and drink.

and a reply to the above -
“he has form – tried to get my brother moved from his seat “do you know who I am” and the kicked up a stink about being to stop using his mobile during take-off. Sadly the cc refused said brother’s kind offer to resolve the mobile phone situation.

kbrockman
3rd Aug 2016, 11:08
, I had rebooked 1A, when I boarded I noticed someone was in my seat, when I asked why, the said passenger told me “Please talk to the crew, this is my favourite seat, I am sure they will find you an alternative”

I knew the land side manager from flying every week for the last 6 months, so I had a word, as the Cabin Crew could not do anything as he had VVIP next to his name apparently, the manager asked for his boarding card, which was in 5D, after another 10 mins discussion which included the said person saying “surely this passenger can move to my seat”

Not that I'm doubting the story but QATAR has no 5D seat.
Only Economy has C&D rows

RexBanner
3rd Aug 2016, 16:11
Peter M once made uncomfortable eye contact with my eighteen year old self for a long period of time at Jersey Airport. I would have taken it as a compliment but for the fact that it was distinctly creepy and that men of that "persuasion" aren't exactly choosy!

galanjal
21st Mar 2017, 06:06
Hugh Jackman recently. Just the nicest man ever! One of the stewardesses had accidentally covered herself in champagne and he was concerned for her welfare, even offering her his eye drops when he noticed hers were streaming. Also offered to have photo taken with crew in a lovely jokey way. Utterly charming and down to earth and all round decent guy

Avtur
11th Apr 2017, 23:00
Please keep these coming more frequently. It's probably the nicest, least contentious thread that ever runs on Pprune, and is so refreshing to hear that there are some celebs out there who have compassion and respect for the meagre mortal. Although I did enjoy hearing about the not so nice celebs too (RIP Cilla).

bluesideoops
12th Apr 2017, 06:20
I hope I don't get booed off as a pilot commenting on this thread but as a bush pilot in Africa, not only did we fly with the rich and famous they came and sat beside us upfront! (single crew ops). I had the president (then VP) of Botswana His Excellency Lt Gen. Seretse Khama Ian Khama sit up front beside me and he even brought his own headset! (he's a very accomplished pilot himself) spent 40 mins chatting with him and he was a very nice guy - we also got to use the callsign 'Foxtrot 002' for the flight (Botswana equivalent of Air Force 'Two' in US). I also flew Kristen Stewart (Twilight movies) who was also very nice but a bit shy. I also had dinner with the Director of Tango & Cash in a bush camp after a flight. And in my current line of work, I got to spend an afternoon with Jackie Chan & Fan Bing Bing (X-Men)- pics attached. Aviation can be fun and provide some amazing opportunities at times!

vctenderness
12th Apr 2017, 06:33
I once carried a senior minister from Botswana in, obviously, First Class. During the flight he was laughing out very loud I was curious as to what made him laugh so much so stood behind him and looked at his screen.

He was watching Mr Bean!

Reverserbucket
13th Apr 2017, 09:38
In some parts of the world, Mr Bean is thought to be a documentary.

I had Joan Collins a few times on her way to Nice or back - polite when things went her way...

Spice Girls - disgusting, obnoxious, downright rude.

Dan Winterland
13th Apr 2017, 13:14
Hugh Jackman recently. Just the nicest man ever! One of the stewardesses had accidentally covered herself in champagne and he was concerned for her welfare, even offering her his eye drops when he noticed hers were streaming. Also offered to have photo taken with crew in a lovely jokey way. Utterly charming and down to earth and all round decent guy

All round nice guy it seems.

https://youtu.be/yj46BWpxFcA

Lokki
14th Apr 2017, 15:04
I've never met anyone famous..

galanjal
24th Aug 2018, 07:54
Jodie Foster recently. Polite and unassuming but definitely got the impression that she doesn't suffer fools!

double_barrel
24th Aug 2018, 09:14
you'd think screwing a supermodel would make you happy!

Yeah, it's ok. But has its downsides.

Geosync
3rd Sep 2018, 23:17
This is second hand knowledge as I work professionally with the pilots for some Hollywood types. George and Amal Clooney are supposedly unbelievably kind and down to earth. George knows the names of the pilots' children and respects them as equals. Absolutely no pretense about them.

galanjal
13th Nov 2018, 09:43
Gordon Ramsey recently. Utterly lovely and charming "please call me Gordon". Just wanted a bottle of water and slept for the entire flight.

flash8
16th Nov 2018, 18:51
Mick Hucknell...Bumped into him in the bar later (Marriott Courtyard, Tbilisi, you'd have thought he would have upgraded to the real Marriott in the city).... one of the crew called him a ginger headed git to his face... he was not happy.

Smalahove
17th Nov 2018, 04:28
Any relation to Mick Hucknall?

vctenderness
17th Nov 2018, 17:39
Mick Hucknell...Bumped into him in the bar later (Marriott Courtyard, Tbilisi, you'd have thought he would have upgraded to the real Marriott in the city).... one of the crew called him a ginger headed git to his face... he was not happy.

The biggest ***hole I ever carried in 40 years! Went home and told Mrs VC never, ever buy a Simply Red record unless it’s a pirate and he gets F all!!

flash8
17th Nov 2018, 18:40
Any relation to Mick Hucknall?
That's the man ))) Couldn't be arsed to google him up....