PDA

View Full Version : Pilots, what type of persons are they? (School Interview)

pablo1985
13th Nov 2007, 08:17
I'm preparing for my application to CQFA (Quebec francophone flighing school that is sponsored by the government, so almost free, enroll rate 10%). The selection process is pretty complex, includes short-term memory tests, precision and speed of mental calculation, spacial orientation and the capacity to be in space without visual reference, mathematic test, english/french,a test of mechanical reasoning, a typometer test as well as an examination on the general knowledge of the world of aviation. Then there is an interview and WOMBAT test.

My questions are:

For the typometer test (which I believe measures how do you fit for a pilot job) what type of personalities are looked in future pilotes? What type of skills? Team work? Being innovative, creative or rather be a person that respects rules and follows procedures? In job interviews, what type of persons did you pilots describe yourselfs as? Has anyone ever taken such test?

What type of questions are likely to be asked by the school during interview (my guess would be same as an airline?) ?

Also, Medical A1 Class, could the fact that i had wrist surgery 3 years ago for a broken bone (metal still inside) could prevent me from having my medical class? There is no pain, movement is limited 10 degrees less than other hand but I'm fully functional with my hand.

Application goes in the mail in January!! Can't wait for June to get my final answer and have been through all these tests!

badboy raggamuffin
13th Nov 2007, 17:39
I believe the kind of person they are looking for is a "stable extrovert".

MidgetBoy
13th Nov 2007, 18:08
You should pass the medical, that shouldn't be a problem. I know a pilot who passed his Cat. 1 Medical in Canada too with one eye. Transport Canada was trying to take his license away after they found that out, except his flying skills were decent. He used triangulation to help him land since his depth perception is gone.