PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter Employment

sani
12th Nov 2007, 14:36
hi to all:ok:
i have logged on to this forum recently. it is very interesting n useful forum for ones querries n discussions. apprciated.:hmm:
in fact i m military helicopter pilot but could get much about commercial flying. i wanna switch over to commercial helo flying n want to know its basic requirements (e.g req. hrs n courses etc). thnx:p
guidance ll b appriciated:E:O

ShyTorque
12th Nov 2007, 17:42
I, for one, don't deal in phone text language. If you can be bothered enough to write your questions correctly, more of us might be bothered enough to answer them.

zalt
12th Nov 2007, 17:59
ShyTorque - was that really necessary?

ShyTorque
12th Nov 2007, 18:02
Judging by a lack of the usual torrent of helpful advice .........YES!

I'll help anyone but these days, not those who don't help themselves by trying to look as if they have a professional outlook. All it might take in this case is a few vowels.

Bertie Thruster
12th Nov 2007, 18:15
oui. .

ShyTorque
12th Nov 2007, 18:18
Clever, Bertie, a very subtle 'triple voweller' there. :ok:

BIGJOCK
12th Nov 2007, 22:45
learn to spell as well

Whirlygig
12th Nov 2007, 22:50
Sani, I shall assume that English isn't your first language (if it is, then I concur with the double act above!).

It depends in which country you have the right to work and where you want to work as to which licence you obtain. If you wish to stay where you are, you need to regulations from that country's own civil aviation authority. I don't think there are too many posters here from Pakistan who can help, so please be patient.

Cheers

Whirls

kiwi chick
12th Nov 2007, 22:51
:D :D :D

One was questioning how he became to BE a military pilot? ;) :ooh:

(oh hang on... we ARE talking rotary I guess... :ok: :E )

unstable load
12th Nov 2007, 23:07
kc,

Go back to your corner, now!:ouch:

kiwi chick
12th Nov 2007, 23:16
shuffles back to the naughty corner where a Mod put her this morning.

Sigh. I'd best point out I was joking, I was a helicopter pilot too... many a joke about halving my IQ when I switched from fixed to fling... then struggling to double it when I switched back again... :rolleyes:

unstable load
13th Nov 2007, 00:13
KC,
you got the right idea, but the halving/doubling is the wrong way around.

Ducks to avoid incoming abuse from lurking plankwing folks!!

AirWon
13th Nov 2007, 03:46
No surprise they can't find Osama, is it?
Suni, call Silver State Helicopters. They'll be able to answer all of your questions.

The Nr Fairy
13th Nov 2007, 04:15
Triffic. Wouldn't normally spend the energy on this, but a guy who lists his location as Pakistan posts in poor English, and he gets shat on.

Very nice - especially AirWon's less than subtle inference.

Max_Chat
13th Nov 2007, 11:34
Temperance as usual in the lions den. :O

Hover Junkie
13th Nov 2007, 11:56
Mmmm..... CHC flies in Pakistan (from Karachi, me finks). Maybe they have the same rule as the Indonesian setup; only locals in the co-pilot seat.

Perhaps someone can help or you could contact CHC Global and ask them...
Just a thought;)

SilsoeSid
13th Nov 2007, 11:57
And Sani had such a nice reply over in the cabin crew forum asking the same question. http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=299650

Then again, perhaps it was because he spelt 'helicopter' correctly over there!

In a nutshell Sani, if you would like to become a Commercial Pilot, you would need to gain a Commercial Pilots Licence. Hunting around the various threads here will probably tell you all you need to know. Having said that, given your location, things may be a little more difficult.

I'm sure we are all interested in your present situation such as flying experience, types, hours etc and perhaps then some gurus here could guide you further.

Good Luck
SS

kiwi chick
13th Nov 2007, 21:11
I sincerely apologise for my needless ribbing. :O

I somewhat ashamedly assumed he was spelling like that because he was a young "text talking" fella, not because of an English weakness. ;)

SilsoeSid
13th Nov 2007, 21:36
Despite Sanis location, surely a Mod can alter the thread title from "Helicopetr Employment", to something not so 'on top of a list of 250 google results for the word "Helicopetr".
http://www.emofaces.com/en/emoticons/h/helicopter-emoticon.gif

Senior Pilot
13th Nov 2007, 22:32
Despite Sanis location, surely a Mod can alter the thread title from "Helicopetr Employment"

Good idea: done :ok:

Coconutty
14th Nov 2007, 05:54
Then again - on the "nice" Cabin Crew forum, where Sani posted the same question 3 days prior to posting here, the advice offered was :

..... I suggest if you do start your own thread, that you include more information about your experience and what exactly you are looking for - more likely to attract suitable responses.
:rolleyes:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/coconut11/Coconutty.jpg

Heli-Ice
14th Nov 2007, 22:49
Maybe I don't read no good but, what was the A to Sani'is Q?

The replies in here are getting wiser by the count, I guess that encourages pilots to seek advice from this ocean of experience and knowledge. :hmm:

I like the humour though...

Sani. I recommend that you take a look at your Aviation Authorities website and see if you can access the licensing regulations, the answers are all in there, if not, give them a call or pay them a visit to get the information you are asking for.

One thing you might want to take into account before asking a pilot a question, you most probably will get ten different answers (not all of them very good ones). Keep in mind that in here you are asking thousands of pilots that same question in one strike on the "Submit Reply" button. :)

Revolutionary
14th Nov 2007, 22:58
hi sani,
liked ur msg, LOL :) so u fly helicopetrs? :eek: s tht dngrous? :ouch: dnt listn to thse old flks on hre who dnt ndrstnd u :\ they use the phne, nt txt msg, can u blieve tht, LOL :} so 20th centry! :8 i thnk thre rite tho u shld chk with ur lcl av8tion authrties :ugh::ugh::ugh: gd lck :ok:

Hughesy
15th Nov 2007, 00:24
Hmmmm, maybe ole Sani is the same fulla that was the "young" one from Aussie causeing abit of trouble a while ago before he got banned.

:E

Hughesy

kiwi chick
15th Nov 2007, 00:43
(oooh :eek: who was that then?! :ooh: )

Hughesy
16th Nov 2007, 00:23
Can't remember his name, but was a little smart arse LOL

Hughesy
16th Nov 2007, 04:01
Seem to have a fair bit of knowledge about "proon" for a new user dont ya! :E

QATAR
17th Nov 2007, 02:42
ShyTorque !!! :*:*:*

pakipilot
17th Nov 2007, 07:39
Try to Email the following they will offer you good advice

Oxford Aviation (Oxford , UK)

Bristol Ground School (Bristol, UK)

Starlight Aviation (Durban, South Africa)

Good Luck Kid:ok:

Whirlygig
17th Nov 2007, 08:40
Unfortunately, I don't think Oxford or Bristol know that much about the employment market in Helicopters. Oxford stopped doing rotary training a few years ago and Bristol only do ground school.

For UK ground school, I would certainly recommend Bristol but as far as getting a civilian licence from a military one, the best contact is your country's own civil aviation authority.

Cheers

Whirls

ShyTorque
17th Nov 2007, 08:53
ShyTorque !!!

Well, Qatar, I don't work here, am under no obligation and I'm entitled to an opinion just as much as anyone else. If it bugs you so much, how come you aren't helping him?

If Sani really can't spell, all he/she has to do is try again and explain. I doubt that's the case.

cougar77
17th Nov 2007, 09:49
As a military helicopter pilot, you should know that the correct questions would produce the correct answers. It amazes me that you are asking for basic requirements. More details on experience like flying hours, type ie piston, turbine, single engine, multi engine etc. are needed.

in fact i m military helicopter pilot but could get much about commercial flying. i wanna switch over to commercial helo flying n want to know its basic requirements (e.g req. hrs n courses etc).

An idea of what type of operations and aircraft that civil operators should be a given as it can be easily be obtained through the internet as well as the entry requirement required by the various companies, again through their web pages.

Sani, you should also know that a CPLH is the minimum that is required to work in the civil industry. So, depending on which part of the world you intend to work, do a search on the required aviation authorities concern on what is required to obtain a CPL. Next, look up flying schools in that particular part of the world and check their website for their courses. They should also be able to provide you the costs involved.

You will need to do your basic homework first as there are more homework to be done once you embark to get your CPL.