PDA

View Full Version : Bolivian Major Airline (LAB)

Bad to the bones
12th Nov 2007, 12:13
Hi guys Iam looking for news about LAB airlines, does any body knows what is the actual status of this magnificent airline, I've lost track of LAB some months back, I knew that a Swiss group was taking over, but they do not seem very trusty.

Hunter58
12th Nov 2007, 13:55
It was actually a US based group called somewhing with Swiss, however nothing to do with the same airline or the country...

pedro190
20th Nov 2007, 09:33
I was flying for LAB. The company stoped operations in march.
There are two versions of the future of LAB. In the newspaper I read that the COA (operators certificate) will be suspended, but the other possibility is that in about a week they will start operations.
Really I wish a new birth for this old airline, but to be realist I dont't thing so.

Earl
20th Nov 2007, 14:09
Hope you guys at LAB get back up and running.
I flew the last flight MAD/VVI for Globejet there.
Was a good ACMI contract, people in Santa Cruz was very nice.
Best of luck and hope to see you back in the air soon.

Panama Jack
21st Nov 2007, 03:07
Here is an article in Spanish published today from www.aviacionlatina.net:

Línea Aérea Boliviana a punto de perder su licencia de vuelo

El Lloyd Aéreo Boliviano (LAB) no presentó su plan de relanzamiento para salir de la quiebra que vive por lo que perdería su licencia de vuelo este martes.

El ministro de Obras Públicas, José Kinn, puntualizó que en junio, el gobierno le concedió una prórroga de seis meses para que el LAB, no pierda su Certificado de Operador Aéreo (COA).

El LAB tiene tiempo para renovar su licencia de vuelo, sin embargo podrá continuar con los trámites hasta el 25 de diciembre, cuando se cumple el plazo para reiniciar sus vuelos, de lo contrario perderá su autorización para operar como aerolínea

Bad to the bones
21st Nov 2007, 03:27
Thanks for the input guys ,I hope this great airline flying again