PDA

View Full Version : 744 deep freeze?

Flapping_Madly
11th Nov 2007, 21:29
SeatGuru warns that seats by 744 exits are very cold. I read elsewhere that 4 airline blankets are not enough to keep the cold at bay.

Why?

Are the doors draughty?

I've only flown on Jumbos 3 times and I recall they are not cosy anywhere but hypothermia by the exits does not sound very elf n safety to me.

Can someone comment please?:confused:

Rainboe
11th Nov 2007, 21:47
Don't believe everything you read!

Wangja
11th Nov 2007, 21:56
Never had such a problem - and probably more than 20 flights in those seats.

fendant
12th Nov 2007, 11:57
The inside panel temperature at the doors is indeed colder than at the normal side panels, but not THAT cold. The main reason is that insulation behind the door panels is minimal due to the moving parts.
One blaket around the feet is enough!

Frank

BOFH
12th Nov 2007, 22:38
If I am travelling in Economy I get these seats quite frequently. They seem a bit louder with wind noise, but in a summerweight suit, hardly cold. It might appear that way because your feet aren't up the jacksie of the person in front and your knees aren't in his back.

The outermost seats lack legroom in some configurations owing to the belly of the door protruding inwards.

BOFH

Leezyjet
14th Nov 2007, 20:42
I've flown on the jumpseat by the 5 door on a B744 from JNB-AMS and it was blooming freezing compared to the rest of the cabin. Usually in the regular exit seats it isn't quite so bad as you are a little further from the door, but it is noticably colder than a normal seat away from the door.

I've also flown by the overwing on a B734 from LGW-KEF and again that was mighty cold. So cold infact I had to put my coat back on after about an hour !!.

:\